Total War: Warhammer?

Anybody looking forward to it? I think it releases tomorrow, I'm still playing Attila at the moment. Should I try it out, or avoid buying it? Phone Post 3.0

yes looks amazing, as a huge fan of both warhammer and total war i got a huge nerd boner

Makes me wish I had a PC :(

This and Xcom 2, really wish I didn't only have a console. Phone Post 3.0

ferox - Makes me wish I had a PC :(

PC master race Phone Post 3.0

Hope they optimized this for more than two cores, they shit the bed on Rome 2 in that department. Phone Post 3.0

Preloaded at home.

Apparently the focus is more on battle tactics over macro strategy in order to make it more Warhammery. Phone Post 3.0

Meohfumado - Preloaded at home.

Apparently the focus is more on battle tactics over macro strategy in order to make it more Warhammery. Phone Post 3.0
This sounds like fun. What other games are like this that focus on real troops Phone Post 3.0

What were your reasons for picking console over PC ? Too big ?

Sorry to be know nothing nitwit, but what exactly is Warhammer? Phone Post 3.0

I'm big into Warhammer fantasy. I love painting the models. Age of Sigmar is kinda shit as a game but the models are really awesome. I have a pretty nice Vampire Counts army.

Super excited for Total War. Hope it's good. Gonna buy it regardless. Phone Post 3.0

Uhtred Ragnarson - Sorry to be know nothing nitwit, but what exactly is Warhammer? Phone Post 3.0
Table top game that uses awesome models that you assemble and paint yourself. Huge amount of lore and backstory to accompany the models.

Age of Sigmar is fantasy and 40K is sci-fi.

This Total War game is based on Warhammer fantasy. Phone Post 3.0

dogfb -
Uhtred Ragnarson - Sorry to be know nothing nitwit, but what exactly is Warhammer? Phone Post 3.0
Table top game that uses awesome models that you assemble and paint yourself. Huge amount of lore and backstory to accompany the models.

Age of Sigmar is fantasy and 40K is sci-fi.

This Total War game is based on Warhammer fantasy. Phone Post 3.0
Good shit. Thanks.

Is Karl Franz a badass, or what? Phone Post 3.0

I might wait a patch or two Phone Post 3.0

jacktripper - I might wait a patch or two Phone Post 3.0
Wise move. Phone Post 3.0

I've never had a rig capable of running ANY Total War game on anything but low settings.

Always wondered what life was like on the other end of the visual spectrum - especially with this franchise.

Fuckers. Phone Post 3.0

Booted it up and played it this morning.  Loving it.  Would recommend.

Note there are some installation issues some people are having, so be mindful of that and look at the tech support threads on steam if you have issues.  No big surprise for anyone familiar with previous Creative Assembly product launches.

marquis_wu - 

What were your reasons for picking console over PC ? Too big ?

Cost plus there wasn't many PC exclusives (til now) that I really wanted..

Recently, I have noticed some Indy games that take my fancy.

gatorlaw -

Booted it up and played it this morning.  Loving it.  Would recommend.

Note there are some installation issues some people are having, so be mindful of that and look at the tech support threads on steam if you have issues.  No big surprise for anyone familiar with previous Creative Assembly product launches.

So which campaign did you choose to play? Phone Post 3.0

How does this compare to something like combat mission: beyond overlord? Phone Post 3.0

Picked this up yesterday and it's alot of fun. Karl Franz is a wrecker. No Deathclaw yet but he wades into battle and just destroys people. The Reiksguard is amazing too. Dudes really get thrown around the battlemap. It's also quite a challenge. Just playing on normal and really have to work to try and hold my position. Managing though to stabilize the situation slowly and secure Reikland from the damn secessionists. Then it's off to get a little revenge on some scheming elector counts.

No issues with install or graphics. Runs at a clean 60 fps on a 2 year old gaming PC on High settings.