Tough Mudder

Last year I ran the Dallas Tough Mudder in a semi new pair of Asics shoes. They worked but I did not like putting good shoes in the shoe pile. This year I am looking to by a pair of toes shoes. I have been looking at the 5 finger Vibrams. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Duct tape your feet up then wear kung fu shoes. You will win and come first. Phone Post

I ran one in the Seattle area last year in a pair of Merrell Trail Gloves. They worked really good, though there was a lot of gravel at the location so I had to empty them out a few times. I still have the shoes and wear them all the time.

B Sharps - I ran one in the Seattle area last year in a pair of Merrell Trail Gloves. They worked really good, though there was a lot of gravel at the location so I had to empty them out a few times. I still have the shoes and wear them all the time.
Thanks, I'll look at them. Phone Post 3.0

Fighting -

lol, why put your shoes in the shoe pile if you want to keep them?

Spend money on shoes you like, then race in them.  Then throw them away and regret throwing them away?

Just put them in a plastic bag with your muddy clothes and hose them off at home.  What is the disconnect here, brah?

Have you ran one? Phone Post 3.0

Fighting -

Spend money on shoes you like, then race in them.  Then throw them away and regret throwing them away?

Just put them in a plastic bag with your muddy clothes and hose them off at home.  What is the disconnect here, brah?

This Phone Post

OGTT_RKellyPeedOnMe -
Fighting -

Have you ran one? Phone Post 3.0

. Phone Post

I have run 3. I put my shoes in a bag with all my muddy clothes and hose them out when I get home. Wash then in the washer and then air dry them. Never had a problem . Phone Post 3.0

autotech - I have run 3. I put my shoes in a bag with all my muddy clothes and hose them out when I get home. Wash then in the washer and then air dry them. Never had a problem . Phone Post 3.0

Dont they smell like ass after cleaning them? Phone Post

Fan of fanboys - Bc really fucking hard to get then clean. I did a local scaled down version of a tough Mudder and never could get shoes right enough to wear again

I'm signed up for tough Mudder in Atlanta next April so in for shoe ideas. Phone Post 3.0
Exactly, plus they were jacked up. I want a comfortable pair to complete the run in and be able to get clean for the next mud run. Phone Post 3.0

No they do not smell after washing. Just spend a little bit of time using the garden hose . My last 2 mud runs I used a pair of Adidas adistars . I used them for all of my training before the race . Go to a specialty running store and let them help you pick some shoes.

Take your time and don't rush it the shoes are a bit more,but well worth it. Then again do a good job cleaning them and you can use them again. Phone Post 3.0

Are the Merrells easy to clean? I think I'm going to pick a pair up tomorrow. Phone Post 3.0

OGTT_RKellyPeedOnMe - Are the Merrells easy to clean? I think I'm going to pick a pair up tomorrow. Phone Post 3.0

I haven't had any problem with them. Rinsed them out good with a hose then through them in the washer, almost as good as new.