Tough Times Training at NY Combat Sambo

New York Combat Sambo wants to help those grapplers out there

who are having tough times!

At NY Combat Sambo alone, several students have been laid off or lost jobs due to this tough economy.

NY Combat Sambo has initiated a "Tough Times Training" program. Here is how it works:

Monday through Friday at NY Combat Sambo, we have a 5-6PM open mat where you can come in and train, work out, work with others who show up, ask me for tips, etc.

NY Combat Sambo will now open that time slot up for free to anyone who can document that they were laid off or have lost a job in the last 6 months.

People training at NYCS in the "Tough Times Training" program will be able to use the 5-6pm open mat time free of charge! In addition, any student enrolled in our "Tough Times Training" Program can attend one of our afternoon classes per week for free. We will also provide you a sambo jacket at wholesale cost ($50). You can stay enrolled in the free program for 6 months from the date you sign up or until you secure another job (whichever comes first).

If you qualify or are interested in this program, please call NY Combat Sambo

at 718-728-8054, or come by the gym at 225 West 36th Street, 6th floor.

We all hope things will get better with this economy soon, but in the mean time, training should keep rolling on!!

Sincerely,

Stephen Koepfer

A few other schools have already followed our lead and started similar programs. I will post a list soon...

That's awesome!

Lucky for NYC, TTT!

This is one of the greatest things I've ever heard of!

TTT for Sambo Steve. One of the coolest guys in martial arts today.

And congrats to New York Combat Sambo on the new space!

Are Riley and Phoenix still around?

Thats awesome

Awesome. Just don't know if I would wanna get my ass kicked after losing my job!

Maybe you should invite the bosses of the guys who got laid off! That would be sweet!

goldplatedeyes - Are Riley and Phoenix still around?
Of course!

BabyZeus - Awesome. Just don't know if I would wanna get my ass kicked after losing my job!

Maybe you should invite the bosses of the guys who got laid off! That would be sweet!

LOL...yeah...bring them in for sparring class!

Why reward the people who got fired and punish their harder working counterparts who are still employed?

Just kidding.

Sounds like a really nice program!

I got about 2 more weeks of healing on my shoulder and I'm definitely gonna come roll with you guys!

Roling with Phoenix is comparable to a very frustrating puzzle. On one hand you don't know what to do with him and get really fucking frustrated with all his nullification. On the other hand, you can't wait to do it again after you've thought of a new strategy.

awesome good stuff

Nice job!

goldplatedeyes - I got about 2 more weeks of healing on my shoulder and I'm definitely gonna come roll with you guys!

Roling with Phoenix is comparable to a very frustrating puzzle. On one hand you don't know what to do with him and get really fucking frustrated with all his nullification. On the other hand, you can't wait to do it again after you've thought of a new strategy.

OK, who are you? We have obviously met...LOL. I don't know the screen name.

Phoenix has gotten much better. He has busted his ass this year!  He can be frustrating...he has no neck...LOL

TTT

This is beautiful.

It's Sweet T(aylor)!

You have MMA mail.

That's awesome, Steve!!  You da man!

wow very cool TTT