Tougher training: BJJ, Judo, Wrestling?

Wrestling for sure.

I think bjj is harder but judo is rougher on your body. Phone Post 3.0

handfightingfan -
Bruce Hoyer - Coming from coaching BJJ to top level wrestlers (a few national champ and one world champ) A wrestling practice is way harder but at the same time its not always harder that is the goal.

Wrestling practices are tough because the conditioning. That stuff honestly should be done outside the time of instructional. Your practice time should be for perfecting skills and reactions, not climbing a rope or doing burpees till you puke. Is conditioning required sure but I want my students at peak mental ability when learning so they actually retain it. You can do your conditioning separately. The other key is that you ultimately can't ask that of an everyday joe that just wants to come in and blow off steam. So thats where you make the distinction. Competitors put in the work and non competitors have fun, roll and BS. If you don't have both groups you are either a McDojo or if you go too hard you have 5 guys in the gym and you can't afford to keep the lights on. Phone Post 3.0

Vote up!
Yeah, that sums it up nicely. Phone Post 3.0

If anyone places BJJ any place other than the easiest in this list then they need to check out their local wrestling/ judo schools.

I get that everyone wants to be tough but being 100% honest I can not see how BJJ could be harder than either judo or wrestling.

My vote goes to wrestling also. Phone Post 3.0

Watch more videos on Flowrestling

Just saw this video on flow and it reminded me of this thread.   Recreational guys or guys who come up with the flow with the go mentality just cant compete with people who think like this kid.   They are just going to keep coming until they beat you.

This guy comes from a family of beasts.  My son took third at south east regionals this year, this guys little brother won the tournament  easily.  He didnt give up a point.  Its tough to beat folks who think like these guys. 

That mentality is why wrestlers do so well in MMA in my opinion, more so than the technique, its the attitude. 

Pay no attention to the giant ringworm growing on this kids face.  LOL  

Buchecha, Joao Assis, Romoulo, go and train wrestling at High School here in SoCal. Joao has told me stories that the training will make you want to cry.

Kway - Buchecha, Joao Assis, Romoulo, go and train wrestling at High School here in SoCal. Joao has told me stories that the training will make you want to cry.

I do that sometimes.  It aint easy for sure.

wrestling easily.

BJJ could learn a lot about wrestling's intensity and worth ethic.