Toyota A-BAT Concept Hybrid Truck

Due to a commute change, I sold my Tundra for a gas sipping car.

While the superb gas mileage is great, I really do miss the truck on the weekends for hauling bikes, fishing poles, etc.

I figured someone has got to come out with a light duty pickup that gets good MPG.  I live in Texas, where practically half the cars on the road are trucks, most of which are not used to tow a 100' gooseneck full of Clydesdale horses or pulling a bulldozer up a mountain.

I found this concept car that may come out as a Toyota or Scion:

It seems there would be a strong market for these (well, now that gas is reasonable maybe not...)

STOP IT.....THATS A WOMANS CAR......GET YOUR GOD DAMNED TRUCK BACK ALONG WITH YOUR MANHOOD Phone Post 3.0

I have to admit, when my wife totaled my car, I was in the market for a vehicle exactly like this, and the only real entries into this market are the Tacoma and Nissan pick up. Neither is that much cheaper than a full-size, and neither really gets that much better MPG.

so a PMS'd Honda Ridgeline?

It looks like they just opened up the top rear of an SUV.

sacredhate - so a PMS'd Honda Ridgeline?

Excellent description.

BIGWHITESEXY - STOP IT.....THATS A WOMANS CAR......GET YOUR GOD DAMNED TRUCK BACK ALONG WITH YOUR MANHOOD Phone Post 3.0
THIS!!! BAH GAWD THE FAGGOTS ON THIS SITE!!! Phone Post 3.0

El Camino suv. Phone Post 3.0

This looks like a truck for a very masculine gay man....

I was very close to pulling the trigger on a crew can truck last week but ended up getting a new Jetta TDI. I dont regret my decision, especially after I got 685 miles out of my first tank of gas. Phone Post 3.0

Pontiac Aztek.

Naderhood - I was very close to pulling the trigger on a crew can truck last week but ended up getting a new Jetta TDI. I dont regret my decision, especially after I got 685 miles out of my first tank of gas. Phone Post 3.0
MY GOD......EVERYONE HAS GONE FULL GAY.....LIKE EYE CONTACT GAY......WTF Phone Post 3.0

sacredhate - so a PMS'd Honda Ridgeline?

It's a cross between a ridge line and a Veloster.

Phone Post 3.0

I got 14 MPG in my tundra and have almost 100 mile commute daily. I would have to fill up twice a week at almost $70 a tank.

I looked at ridgelines and the new Dodge 1500 diesel. Both get crummy gas mileage for the most part.

I knew the "truck nut" guys would be bashing, but I am all about being practical in my old age.

kanotoa - Its ugly and gay but id drive it. My good looks and masculinity could off set the uncoolness.

Gas is 4.40 here and driving a truck easily translates to over $100 a week fill ups, for me it would be almost 150.

I have a beater truck that i use for going to the beach and work, if i had this for my daily driver id probably would use my truck even less because i could pick up stuff from the hardware store, take the dogs to the beach, or move over sized stuff. Phone Post 3.0

Plus the truck itself costs a lot more than a economy car. I have a cheap gas car to drive 3000 miles a month for work and a old 06 F350 diesel for doing real truck stuff.

Pito Chueco - I got 14 MPG in my tundra and have almost 100 mile commute daily. I would have to fill up twice a week at almost $70 a tank.

I looked at ridgelines and the new Dodge 1500 diesel. Both get crummy gas mileage for the most part.

I knew the "truck nut" guys would be bashing, but I am all about being practical in my old age.

I've lurked in some Dodge forums, and some of the 1500 diesel owners are claiming right at 30mpg on pure highway drives.

My 4x4 Tacoma DualCab gets 20+ on highway.

For truck stuff I plan to buy an old beater so having a new, fuel efficient car is the smarter bet Phone Post 3.0

Pig Bun -
Pito Chueco - I got 14 MPG in my tundra and have almost 100 mile commute daily. I would have to fill up twice a week at almost $70 a tank.

I've lurked in some Dodge forums, and some of the 1500 diesel owners are claiming right at 30mpg on pure highway drives.

My 4x4 Tacoma DualCab gets 20+ on highway.
I was really considering the diesel 1500. Spent 16k less on a diesel Jetta though Phone Post 3.0