Tracking NCAA wrestling stars entering MMA

3 -19 what a joke

Its pd3 time again !Like christmas for those of us that appreciate kinetic upper body wrestling,long flowing locks and the best dick roots in the game (no homo)

Gotta admit Iā€™m interested in seeing how Downey does. He is like a modern Phil Baroni but with much better wrestling.

1 Like

He got koed.sometimes dickroots arent enough

2 Likes

Damn Pat Downey got koā€™d and I missed it.

1 Like

I heard and yeah thatā€™s never good for a wrestler to get KOed in their second fight lol

watching arrested development GIF

Sullivan Cauly wrestled at ASU, I believe he is 5 - 0.

1 Like

cant find it but recall reading Not sure if true

Well Stots won and made it to the BW GP finals with the int. title around his waist.

DII for the win!

Downey, Law and Crutchmer all lost last night.

Fortune got KOed a couple weeks ago in Bellator and Pico had that recent shoulder injury. Still hoping Pico can win the FW title in 2023.

Usman recently lost the UFC title, Chandler just lost to Poirier. Anderson lost to Nemkov. Gaethje has been out since the loss to Oliveira. Jones has been MIA, Stipe might be retired.

Now that I stop and think about it, wrestling didnā€™t even have a representative in the PFL finals this year. Its not been a great or outstanding year for American wrestlers in MMA at all compared to years prior.

2 Likes

USA wrestling only has 3 fighters in the UFC top 15 P4P right now, Usman, Sterling and Jones and Jones has not fought in a couple years at this point so he is only in those rankings because he is Jones.

Only 3 of the UFC champs or #1 ranked fighters out of the 22 champs and #1 ranked fighters are American wrestlers at the moment and to be honest there might be less American wrestlers in the top 15 rankings overall than at any point in top 15 history after just glancing at those rankings.

Sterling did capture the UFC title this year and Eblen did beat Mousasi for the Bellator MW title this year and Storley also captured the int. WW title too but the champ is Amosov the Ukrainian who beat him for the title.

2 Likes

the top wrestlers wrestle . For the USA u got Dake,Taylor,Burroughs,Gable,Lee, etcā€¦Bo Nickal has only had a few fights and has by far the best resume of USA wrestlers.Downey was very good but not as good as Nickal or Taylor.Still that was a big upest.Meriideth Mckee Nick P are good prospectsā€¦id like to see Dave Taylor or any of the number 1 ranked USA guys trransform to MMA But they should be given a chance to have at least 5 fights before UFC or Bellator

2 Likes

Iā€™ve always held the believe that the more high level wrestling/judo/BJJ/sambo players cross over to MMA the better. Feel the same way about boxers and kickboxers.

MMA can always use another Pico, Nickal, Fedor, Hendo, Buchecha, Roger Gracie, Mark Kerr, Yoshida etcā€¦

2 Likes

You hate and shit on wrestlers.

Am I doing it right, @DeadMeat? :laughing: Just kidding.

Itā€™s a different era. Wrestlers arenā€™t going to transition in their mid 20s and be able to run through people like they used to. Most fighters nowadays have too much actual mixed martial arts experience for that. Special ones will still succeed though.

Heā€™s wrestling in the World Cup right nowā€¦(Iā€™m pretty sure I saw him)

1 Like

suriano and zain richards are the 57kg guys for the womenā€™s wrestling world cupā€¦ they face Iran tonight for firstā€¦ both squads are mostly backups, but, when i say backups i mean on their countries respective olympic ladders which makes them pretty damn goodā€¦

it should be decent wrestlingā€¦

1 Like

Bellator is feeding these guys cans for their first several fights. They bring in guys to lose to wrestlers they fancy as prospects.

They wouldnā€™t be having any easier fights on local shows.

i agree BUt they need a few warm up fights first