Tracy Morgan may never be “the person he once was”

... in the wake of traumatic brain injury

In a statement from a New Jersey courtroom on Tuesday, Tracy Morgan’s lawyer Benedict Morelli said that the former “SNL” and “30 Rock” star is still recovering from a severe brain injury he sustained in a highway crash this June, and it’s unclear whether he will ever return to the “the Tracy Morgan he once was.”

Morgan and his fellow passengers suffered serious injuries, and comedian James McNair was killed, when their limo bus was struck by a Wal-Mart truck on the New Jersey turnpike this past June. Morgan and the surviving passengers have since filed a suit against Wal-Mart, alleging that truck driver Kevin Roper had been awake for more than 24 hours when the crash occurred and that he should not have been driving. Roper has pleaded not guilty to charges of vehicular homicide and assault by auto, while Wal-Mart has countered that the passengers’ injuries were partly due to their failure to wear seat belts.

Sorry if this is a re-post, but I'm a recent mud and my search only goes back a month. At any rate, after everything Tracy had been through to become a such a success, it's so sad to hear that he may lose so much due to the traumatic brain injury he sustained in the car accident.

More information available at the link below.

http://www.salon.com/2014/11/19/tracy_morgan_may_never_be_the_person_he_once_was_in_the_wake_of_traumatic_brain_injury/

Imagine him coming out of his coma and having foreign accent syndrome and speaking fluent German or Mandarin.

Tracy is awesome, that really sucks. just Walmart being Walmart

Rollback the settlements!

fuck them

TFK_Chip - 

fuck them

Yeah, how fucking awesome is that. For those who don't know:

(CNN) -- Walmart's response Monday to a lawsuit filed by Tracy Morgan over the car crash that left him in critical condition elicited a response of its own on Tuesday from the recovering comedian -- and it doesn't sound like he's laughing.

"I can't believe Walmart is blaming me for an accident that they caused," the former "Saturday Night Live" star said in a statement.

Police say that a truck driven by Walmart employee Kevin Roper in the early morning hours of June 7 collided with the rear of a limo bus that was carrying Morgan and four others on the New Jersey Turnpike.

A preliminary report by the National Transportation Safety Board said that Roper was traveling 20 mph over the speed limit and that he was almost at his drive time limit.

On Monday, lawyers for the largest retailer in the world responded by pointing the finger back at Morgan in a court filing in which they said the actor's injuries were "caused, in whole or in part, by plaintiffs' failure to properly wear an appropriate available seat belt restraint device," and that Morgan and company had "acted unreasonably and in disregard of (their) own best interests."

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/09/29/justice/tracy-morgan-crash/

disgusting. 

Who wears seatbelts in the back of a limo? Phone Post 3.0

So sad, one of the better comedians of our generation Phone Post 3.0

TFK_Chip -

fuck them

Now THAT'S how you get out of paying a settlement. Phone Post 3.0

Walmarts gonna get the BIG BLACK DICK! Phone Post 3.0

Later Phone Post 3.0

uhh they weren't wearing seatbelts as required by law, which may have made there injuries more severe.. or maybe not but that's for the lawyers to determine. But anyone here would do the same thing if they were being sued. It could be the difference between paying a 25m settlement or a 200m settlement for all we know.

/\ oh boy. Phone Post 3.0

Ridgeback - 

Seems like Walmart execs would have the brains to see what a PR nightmare it would be to go with business as usual when it comes to how their lawyers are doing things.  

As an aside, I heard that some 15 women in the vicinity of the accident became pregnant at the moment of impact.

No way any of this is going to have any impact on the people that buy shit there.  Walmart execs could put kittens into blenders on live television and you'd still have people trampling each other across the country every Thanksgiving to get into Walmart stores to buy a TV or tablet.

I wish people voted with their dollars, but they just don't and Walmart knows it.

Walmart will usually fight their lawsuits. Deters peeps from just trying to get a quick settlement. Also deters lawsuits. Phone Post 3.0

mixedmartialfarts -
Ridgeback - 

Seems like Walmart execs would have the brains to see what a PR nightmare it would be to go with business as usual when it comes to how their lawyers are doing things.  

As an aside, I heard that some 15 women in the vicinity of the accident became pregnant at the moment of impact.

No way any of this is going to have any impact on the people that buy shit there.  Walmart execs could put kittens into blenders on live television and you'd still have people trampling each other across the country every Thanksgiving to get into Walmart stores to buy a TV or tablet.

I wish people voted with their dollars, but they just don't and Walmart knows it.

This. Phone Post 3.0

WalMart is outright evil on so many levels Phone Post 3.0

Kinda hard not to buy from Wal-Mart, ever. Sam Walton is probably turning over in his grave if he can see the monster he birthed upon the world.

Tracy was collateral damage, like the small businesses they crushed and the families they destroyed in their rise to the top. What's one more life compared to corporate profits?

I don't think I've even seen seat belts in a limo, Phone Post 3.0

Whambo - uhh they weren't wearing seatbelts as required by law, which may have made there injuries more severe.. or maybe not but that's for the lawyers to determine. But anyone here would do the same thing if they were being sued. It could be the difference between paying a 25m settlement or a 200m settlement for all we know.

This.

I hate WalMart as much as the next guy, but are they expected to just fucking liquidate the company and give all the money to Morgan?

It was a tragic fucking accident, but there would be ZERO visibility to it right now if Morgan wasn't a celebrity.

A truck was doing 75 mph and made contact with the party bus. Again, TRAGIC fucking accident, but that's what it is. WalMart isn't sending al qaeda terrorists around the nation to kill black comedians with suicide trucks.

They're being sued for a fuckload of money so they're having their attorneys aggressively defend themselves.