Tracy Morgan may never be “the person he once was”

disbeliever - Sad how hurt be is, and it's even sadder how shitty Walmart is handling this Phone Post 3.0

yeah, fuck Wal-Mart, trying to blame Tracy Morgan for there truck driver falling asleep

He is not funny to me but I hope he recovers well. They owe him some dough for sure but they are just trying to minimize the settlement. Phone Post 3.0

ShanTheMan - He is not funny to me but I hope he recovers well. They owe him some dough for sure but they are just trying to minimize the settlement. Phone Post 3.0

This.

And I don't blame Morgan's attorneys for trying to maximize HIS settlement.

this sucks ass

funny dude

didn't he already have serious depression and alcohol issues anyway?

add that to this, and he's got it pretty bad now

who the fuck wears a seatbelt on a party bus anyway?

Is Walmart even the one fighting this claim? It's their insurer who probably has control over the matter now.

TheKidAintMine - Is Walmart even the one fighting this claim? It's their insurer who probably has control over the matter now.

I think there are separate suits.

One for the insurance company, the driver, WalMart, company that made the party bus, etc, etc.

WalMart is being vilified because they have attorneys who are defending them in the lawsuit.

Sad times all around.

Tracy Morgan got less funny as a standup once "30 Rock" made him a star.

On a side note, I saw him once and people thought he was going to be this cute adorable guy. People left in droves after he spent the first 15 minutes of his act doing nothing but talking about his pubes and pointing out which chicks in the audience he'd like to fuck.

john76 - who the fuck wears a seatbelt on a party bus anyway?

Nobody but the driver. Walmart attorneys know this but make heaping sums of money doing damage control by shifting the blame

A company the size of Walmart is likely self-insured (called an SIR - Self Insured Retention). There can also be layers of insurance, with some only kicking in if damages reach a certain level.

Each state can have its own rules for determination of liability/negligence, but the basic concept is Comparable Negligence. If the truck driver is at fault for the accident, then his liability insurance will still be paying out for a majority of the damages. But the amount they pay out may be effected by any actions the victim may have taken which worsened their condition.

The limo service may have medical coverage for passengers and the passengers may have health insurance, etc, so odds are everything will be paid by an insurance company, it's just a matter of who is paying for what.

billyball2 -
ShanTheMan - He is not funny to me but I hope he recovers well. They owe him some dough for sure but they are just trying to minimize the settlement. Phone Post 3.0

This.

And I don't blame Morgan's attorneys for trying to maximize HIS settlement.
Yep. Just gonna really be about whose lawyers have the BIG DICK Phone Post 3.0

bruised - 
TFK_Chip - 

Tracy is awesome, that really sucks. just Walmart being Walmart

Rollback the settlements!

fuck them

Yeah, how fucking awesome is that. For those who don't know:

(CNN) -- Walmart's response Monday to a lawsuit filed by Tracy Morgan over the car crash that left him in critical condition elicited a response of its own on Tuesday from the recovering comedian -- and it doesn't sound like he's laughing.

"I can't believe Walmart is blaming me for an accident that they caused," the former "Saturday Night Live" star said in a statement.

Police say that a truck driven by Walmart employee Kevin Roper in the early morning hours of June 7 collided with the rear of a limo bus that was carrying Morgan and four others on the New Jersey Turnpike.

A preliminary report by the National Transportation Safety Board said that Roper was traveling 20 mph over the speed limit and that he was almost at his drive time limit.

On Monday, lawyers for the largest retailer in the world responded by pointing the finger back at Morgan in a court filing in which they said the actor's injuries were "caused, in whole or in part, by plaintiffs' failure to properly wear an appropriate available seat belt restraint device," and that Morgan and company had "acted unreasonably and in disregard of (their) own best interests."

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/09/29/justice/tracy-morgan-crash/

WalMart is liable for the driver,
but the passengers aren't at any fault for not wearing seatbelts? I think if this wasn't a celebrity, most people would be calling him an idiot.

You're driving illegally, while suing someone else for driving illegally...

12SixElbow -
bruised - 
TFK_Chip - 

fuck them

(CNN) -- Walmart's response Monday to a lawsuit filed by Tracy Morgan over the car crash that left him in critical condition elicited a response of its own on Tuesday from the recovering comedian -- and it doesn't sound like he's laughing.

"I can't believe Walmart is blaming me for an accident that they caused," the former "Saturday Night Live" star said in a statement.

Police say that a truck driven by Walmart employee Kevin Roper in the early morning hours of June 7 collided with the rear of a limo bus that was carrying Morgan and four others on the New Jersey Turnpike.

A preliminary report by the National Transportation Safety Board said that Roper was traveling 20 mph over the speed limit and that he was almost at his drive time limit.

On Monday, lawyers for the largest retailer in the world responded by pointing the finger back at Morgan in a court filing in which they said the actor's injuries were "caused, in whole or in part, by plaintiffs' failure to properly wear an appropriate available seat belt restraint device," and that Morgan and company had "acted unreasonably and in disregard of (their) own best interests."

but the passengers aren't at any fault for not wearing seatbelts? I think if this wasn't a celebrity, most people would be calling him an idiot.

I think most states exempt customers riding in taxis and limos from wearing seat belts. I still think it's dumb not to wear one if not required, but I doubt it was illegal. Phone Post 3.0

Marge Gunderson - 
12SixElbow -
bruised - 
TFK_Chip - 

fuck them

I think most states exempt customers riding in taxis and limos from wearing seat belts. I still think it's dumb not to wear one if not required, but I doubt it was illegal. Phone Post 3.0

Gotcha! makes more sense.

to be clear, I side with him, I had a friend nearly killed by a trucker who had been up for hours and popped for meth. I just think if it weren't a celebrity, most people would be thinking differently.

It's ridiculous when companies make drivers hit crazy driving limits. It used to be pretty bad in the nineties I think maybe back then limits were either non existent or worse. Phone Post 3.0

If he was wearing a Jaguars cap, I would have no doubt that Wal-Mart caused him to go full retard.

By the way, gently used blenders were being sold for 2.99 at Wal Mart today.

john76 - who the fuck wears a seatbelt on a party bus anyway?

This will be Tracy's attorney's response to Walmart's attorneys, but I'm guessing they'll word it a little differently.

It's essentially a negotiation based on common practices and past court cases, so the news stories about it are just tabloid fodder, they don't amount to much.

"it’s unclear whether he will ever return to the the Tracy Morgan he once was.”

So there's actually a chance he could become funny now? Phone Post 3.0

pillbottle - "it’s unclear whether he will ever return to the the Tracy Morgan he once was.”

So there's actually a chance he could become funny now? Phone Post 3.0
This poster is not an accredited comedian, nor does he hold an advanced degree in any of the comedic sciences.

He is simply an enthusiastic young man with a sixth-grade education and an abiding love for all God's creatures. Phone Post 3.0