Traeger Pro 34 Smoker

I've been using the old school Weber kettle for all of my grilling and smoking needs for years. I love the damn thing. It does everything, is easy to maintain, and it's cheap. I'm feeling the need to step my game up though, and this Traeger looks like the answer to me. I may go buy one today. Someone talk me into or out of it.

Look into rec tec sir

I would do research on a Green Mountain Grill as well. They are a main competitor to Traeger and there are some great reviews on YouTube about the differences between the brands. Gonna grab a Daniel Boone with wifi soon.

build quality on traeger has gone to shit over the last few years.  i'd go inspect it in person.  the metal they use is significantly thinner.  heard they've been sold a few times which would make sense.  i'd shop around.

Get it. I have a cheaper PitBoss pellet grill, I have used the shit out of it. I have made some amazing pork butt, brisket, wings, ribs, everything.

Pellet grills arent great for Searing, but for smoking its damn good.

supermankoolaid -

I would do research on a Green Mountain Grill as well. They are a main competitor to Traeger and there are some great reviews on YouTube about the differences between the brands. Gonna grab a Daniel Boone with wifi soon.

I’ve been looking into these. 

2 Likes

my friend at work who is pretty hardcore into that said he wont buy traeger its made in China junk and so are the pellets. He told me to get a Primo.

Im ok with my junk weber for now though lol

http://www.primogrill.com/en-us/

supermankoolaid -

Looking at it now. The wifi tech looks awesome. Something to consider.

SergesBeefyHopeFlaps - Get it. I have a cheaper PitBoss pellet grill, I have used the shit out of it. I have made some amazing pork butt, brisket, wings, ribs, everything.

i have a pit boss and it sears like nothing i've ever used before.  are you sliding open the grate, turning it up to max, and giving it a minute or two?

malf922 -
supermankoolaid -

Looking at it now. The wifi tech looks awesome. Something to consider.

One of the YouTube videos also states that Traegar would void your warranty if you use anything else other than Traeger pellets. Green Mountain Grill doesn't have that stipulation. 

EFM - 
SergesBeefyHopeFlaps - Get it. I have a cheaper PitBoss pellet grill, I have used the shit out of it. I have made some amazing pork butt, brisket, wings, ribs, everything.

i have a pit boss and it sears like nothing i've ever used before.  are you sliding open the grate, turning it up to max, and giving it a minute or two?

Mine doesnt have that sliding sear grate. I ended up buying a Charcoal Chimney/Charcoal starter for searing. THAT fucker sears. Basically a jet engine!

SergesBeefyHopeFlaps -
EFM - 

Mine doesnt have that sliding sear grate. I ended up buying a Charcoal Chimney/Charcoal starter for searing. THAT fucker sears. Basically a jet engine!

Oh.  I thought they all had it and mine was only $400 (350 on sale).

The Green Mountain Grill Daniel Boone w/ WiFi is now my front-runner I think.

1 Like

malf922 -

This fucker is elusive! I'm looking for a retailer to buy it from and everyone is sold out it seems. Meanwhile the Traeger is just chilling at Home Depot.

malf922 -
malf922 -

This fucker is elusive! I'm looking for a retailer to buy it from and everyone is sold out it seems. Meanwhile the Traeger is just chilling at Home Depot.

don't do it.  at least go look at the others before the traeger.  my $400 pit boss is nicer than the new traegers.

they got bought, stipped the quality out of them and are now selling their name at major retail stores like HD and costco for massive profit.

You didn’t acknowledge my Primo suggestion but I want to help and OGr also check out Kamado Joe. Can find at Costco and Home Depot. Those would be my two top choices

Ryazzo - You didn’t acknowledge my Primo suggestion but I want to help and OGr also check out Kamado Joe. Can find at Costco and Home Depot. Those would be my two top choices

I’ve got a primo and love it. I’m looking to get a bbq guru for it as well to help automate things

ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff -

Look into rec tec sir

This 100%

If you like easy bake ovens, pellet grills are the way to go 

make sure to grab some soy milk while you are out