Train Hits Cop Car with Handcuffed Woman Inside, Video from Scene Shows

2 Likes

You’ve got to be fucking kidding me. That is the stupidest thing I’ve seen in quite some time. Even if she’s a total piece of shit, I hope she’s set for life, and that officer ends up a Walmart stock boy.

8 Likes

Best thing that ever happened to her, guaranteed.

9 Likes

How the fuck does someone live through that

1 Like

LISTEN LIVE

Play audio
CPR NEWS
All Things Considered
View News Schedule

Play audio
CPR CLASSICAL
Impromptu in Eb Op 90/2 D 899/2
Franz Schubert

Play audio
INDIE 102.3
Shine
Mondo Cozmo

Play audio
KRCC
All Things Considered
View KRCC Schedule
NEED HELP?
DONATE
Search Input
Search…

COVID-19
POLITICS
MONEY
ARTS
ENVIRONMENT
SCHEDULE
SUPPORT CPR
Elijah McClain Autopsy: Cause of death changed to death by ketamine || Previous Coverage: Timeline | Indictments | Our lawsuit to get the autopsy
Weld County crash video shows train hitting police car with woman inside

By Matt Moret and Paolo Zialcita
· Today, 12:55 pm
SHARE:
Police body camera video from Saturday, Sept. 17, 2022, shows police illegally parked on train tracks in Weld County.
Fort Lupton Police via 9News
Police video from Saturday, Sept. 17, 2022, shows a train as it’s about to hit a police car illegally parked on tracks in Weld County.
The Fort Lupton Police Department has released body camera footage from the night of a train crash that severely injured a 20-year-old woman last week.

According to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, a Platteville police officer pulled over Maria Rios-Gonzalez in Weld County, near Highway 85 and County Road 38, after an alleged road rage incident involving a gun. Two Fort Lupton police officers later arrived at the scene and placed the suspect in the back of the Platteville officer’s car, which was illegally parked on railroad tracks.

While the three officers were searching Rios-Gonzalez’s pickup truck, a train blowing its horn hit the patrol car she was inside. CBI said Rios-Gonzalez suffered “serious bodily injuries,” including multiple broken ribs and a fractured sternum.

An 8-minute video of the Sept. 17 crash was shared Friday by Jeremy Jojola of 9News. He said Fort Lupton police edited down the recording from 21 hours of footage recorded from multiple perspectives. The clip appears to match the CBI account.

UPDATED: Here is the FULL 8 minute clip released by Fort Lupton Police. This clip has been edited and redacted by Ft. Lupton Police. This video comes to 9NEWS after I filed a records request. I’m told there are NINE officer videos (body cam/dash cam) totalling 21 hours of video. https://twitter.com/jeremyjojola/status/1573350868774277120/video/1

— Jeremy Jojola (@jeremyjojola) September 23, 2022
Platteville police chief Carl Dwyer confirmed Tuesday that the Platteville police officer involved is on administrative leave while an investigation is underway. The Fort Lupton Police Department has not responded to a request for comment from CPR News.

Several Colorado agencies are investigating aspects of the incident alongside CBI. Fort Lupton Police will investigate the initial 911 call that led to the stop, while the Colorado State Patrol will look into the crash itself.

1 Like

Tttccc

Why in the FUCK would he park on the train tracks?

That chick deserves to get paid and rightfully so.

4 Likes

She must’ve been triple boosted

2 Likes

Those cops have a hive mind of stupidity. I can’t believe none of them thought to move that car when they first heard the whistle. Ridiculous and 100% cop ignorance.

8 Likes

This is a new level of stupidity for cops.

7 Likes

That’s gonna leave a mark

1 Like

hey emergency vehicle with the lights on and the train is in the wrong…

It takes a special kind of retard to park a vehicle on train tracks. Especially with soneone locked inside. This is a case where the cops doing time is warranted imo.

9 Likes

There is already a thread about this chick being railroaded by the cops. You must’ve been Matt Hughes’ passenger.

FEMALE OFFICER PARKED ON THE FUCKING TRACKS!!!

How much more evidence is needed before we take females off the fucking streets?!?!?!?!?!?!

2 Likes

It’s nothing new.

I doubt she lived, right???

Fractured sternum…?

Frustrated World Cup GIF

I literally said this out loud.

Hand cuff him, throw him in the back of a cop car and park it in front of a freight train.