Train Striking with Anderson Silva or GSP?

Watch Silva/Griffin...that's not technique, those are God given natural abilities.

ha ha I though Silva vs Griffin was a good example of timing and ability to create angles.

FingerorMoon - 

ha ha I though Silva vs Griffin was a good example of timing and ability to create angles.

And holding one's hands at his waist daring someone to hit him, seeing the punches coming, avoiding all of them, and throwing a fadeaway straight punch down the middle for a clean KO?

Insanely accurate, vision, speed, timing, he's got natural gifts in his striking that are impossible to teach.

I think GSP's style would be easier for someone to pick up, solid fundamentals.

Fair enough.

Now that isn't to say GSP isn't a crazy good athlete, obviously he is.

He just doesn't use it a ton in his striking by pulling crazy shit or trading in the pocket.

currymuncha - Anderson there's be more hot chics around his gym than Jackson's joint out in the desert.

May as well get laid while you're there.

I like your style

Anderson by a long shot. Phone Post

Nothing against GSP but Silva just has 10 times better striking. Phone Post

Musashi - 
jjj2121 -  Watch Silva/Griffin...that's not technique, those are God given natural abilities.

How can I possibly argue with someone who knows what God does? lol

I guess that's a reasonable response when you have nothing of substance to offer.

Silva for sure.

Anderson for striking. GSP for all around game.

LOL at people and their simplemindedness...

Anderson = better striker so Anderson = better trainer!!!

Don't work like that kiddies.

Anderson can't teach you what works for him.  Roy Jones in his prime couldn't teach you how to keep your hands down and still not get caught with anything.

jjj2121 -  LOL at people and their simplemindedness...

Anderson can't teach you what works for him.  Roy Jones in his prime couldn't teach you how to keep your hands down and still not get caught with anything.

Roy's reflexes and speed were natural talents that propelled him over athletically gifted and technically proficient opponents. I don't think Anderson possesses off-the-chart athletic ability like that. Silva's head movement against Forrest was an example of great head movement (technique) against a guy with slow hands and less boxing technique than himself.

BuddyRevell - 
jjj2121 -  LOL at people and their simplemindedness...

Roy's reflexes and speed were natural talents and head and shoulders above athletically gifted and technically proficient boxers. I don't think Anderson possesses off-the-chart athletic ability like that. Silva's head movement against Forrest was an example of great head movement (technique) against a guy with slow hands and less boxing technique than himself.

Silva's reflexes are ridiculously good, that can't be taught.

jjj2121 - 

Silva's reflexes are ridiculously good, that can't be taught.

They're definitely good, but I don't think they're that extraordinary compared to say, well-trained technically proficient boxers. I remember seeing that vid of him getting tagged pretty hard by that journeyman he was sparring with at Roach's gym.

Anderson Silva by a fucking MILE

Is this a serious question?  Anderson of course.  I could learn from a no named stand up coach what GSP would be able to teach.  Just watch some footage of him striking with your coach and practice what he does.  Training with Silva is a completely different story.  It would be an experience of a life time.  You have to take advantage of opportunities like that.  As stated above, he does things others simply cannot do.  While you're there, get some strength and conditioning tips from Anderson as well as GSP does not believe in it being effective for MMA.  

The correct answer is Freddie Roach

TheAlchemist -  GSP via better English, and I'm closer to GSP's height and build.

Just noticed your user name; have the read the book by Paulo Coelho?

hmb - The correct answer is Freddie Roach
For boxing, yes. For the full spectrum of striking, Duke Roufus would be a better choice.