Train with Marcelo Garcia or Rickson Gracie?

fapout - 
jkd4200 - Black belts rush to get into a Rickson seminars... and when they leave...they are blown away.

Only if you are young and dont really know rickson or BJJ would you pick Marcelo. Even Marcelo would tell you to go to a rickson seminar over his own.

lol @ this!

lol @ "lol @ this"!

Rickson, because if you have the habit of turning into a giant green hulk monster when you get angry, he can help you with that too.

Marcelo fo sho! Phone Post

Hunter V - actually Rickson does do privates, but he is in brazil and you gotta find him. He mainly does it for friends of his these days, this is what Relson told me last week.

Interesting, thanks for the info.

Although I'm not sure most people are going to meet those requirements :)

I think they will give you two very different experiences.

I have heard that with a Rickson private, he may spend 1 hour working a cross choke with you.

I know with Marcelo, he will work on multiple parts of your game.

It's up to the individual which one will be more valuable to them.

jkd4200 - 
fapout - 
jkd4200 - Black belts rush to get into a Rickson seminars... and when they leave...they are blown away.

Only if you are young and dont really know rickson or BJJ would you pick Marcelo. Even Marcelo would tell you to go to a rickson seminar over his own.

lol @ this!

lol @ "lol @ this"!

LMAO @ 'lol @ "lol @ this"!'

I am pretty sure even Marcello would tell you to go train with Rickson

Rickson for BJJ as it pertains to MMA and especially self defense.

Rickson for his experience as the best of the sons of the man that created the style....Marcelo is a good sport BJJ guy...Rickson IS jiu jitsu.

Rickson for his experience, especially under live combat with strikes...he will shy away from teaching flashy sport BJJ moves that excel in sport BJJ, but get you KTFO in a real fight with a huge opponent who is throwing strikes.

Rickson for his ability to teach how to shut down anyone's game with SOLID fundementals...basics you learn as a white belt to shut down an opponent's game before it even gets started.

Honestly...for that alone I would choose Rickson over Marcelo whether it's self defense, MMA, NHB, and yes sport BJJ.

Rickson no doubt.

Rickson is for sure amazing, but the whole Gracie family is delusional, save for Renzo imo. They perpetuate this myth that no one but their family can fight. I don't like the way they present themselves.

Either would be fine for me!

"Rickson has never tapped, as a black belt, in grappling training."

Never heard that claim.

Rickson for sure, he has much more experience, and in MMA too.

Rickson. I've been lucky enough to train with Marcelo on a number of occasions and even he says Rickson is on another level.   

Rickson because he's harder to get a private with. Marcello is easier to get to.

Rickson is the answer. Marcello is a stud but to not pick Rickson is just foolish. Most blackbelts including Marcello would say Rickson.

I'm curious, has Marcelo trained any high level BJJ competitors? 

Yes, and some great instructors as well. Look up the people that are under him. Big old school names that are red and black belts.

I'm sorry I was thinking Rickson with your question .

Fabio Gurgel trained with RIckson-said he was the best ever.

then about a year later he started coaching Garcia.

And, from what I've seen, Gurgel can still tap his top student.