Trained vs Untrained person.

what cracks me up about these types of threads is the automatic idea that the 'streetfighter' is always the obvious winner. its as if there are these dudes out there. they stalk the bars, i guess. but they exist. and no matter what training you have . they are superior. they have fought hundres of times. hundreds! they can not be destroyed w/o weapons.

if a guy had wrestling and boxing then started drinking and smoking and streetfighting...he is trained.

yeah - its ridiculous. i started training cause i LIKE TO FIGHT. not to avoid fights. i love when i get a chance to enlighten some tough guy who has gotten his rep from beating up drunk frat boys.

"If you needed a heart transplant, would you want one from a student in medical school who has simoply studied it without ever having done it or would you want someone who has been doing them for years, but doesn't have a fancy certifcaste or degree?"

How in the hell does someone do a heart transplant without a medical degree?

Streetfighters only know how to fight in groups. They jump people. One on one they look like idiots. Check out Felony Fights if you don't believe me.

"If you needed a heart transplant, would you want one from a student in medical school who has simoply studied it without ever having done it or would you want someone who has been doing them for years, but doesn't have a fancy certifcaste or degree?"

This is the funniest fucking quote i've read on the UG in a while.

Training is only useful if it is done in a practicle style that trains with real resistance (Eg Boxing, Kickboxing, Wrestling, BJJ, etc).

One of my students (does BJJ & Kickboxing with me) recently got into a 3-1 fight (he looks like the sort of guy you think you could kick his ass).  He mashed the first guys face (broke his nose) with a left hook and dropped him.  The other guy came at him and broke that guys nose with a cross.  The guys momentum kept coming and the 3rd guy hit him with a punch and he fell back to guard and snapped the 2nd guys arm (the guy he hit with the cross) with a cutting armbar (apparently very ugly looking).  The security arrived by this time and broke it up.  He got out of there.  His only injury was a grazed knuckle from one of the guys he hits tooth.  He was covered in the other guys blood. 

IMO, I'd put my money on trained.

Elvis

"kicking ass every weekend" = immature McDojo; that's what I was refering to. A mature person, trained or not, walks away from a fight if he can. Now unless you are so unlucky that you get cornered evey weekend then that's immature. Either that or he is trolling; still immature then. So by disjunctive elimination I have shown what had to be shown.

Well you better watch your back then elvis. cause quitiquit is out kicking ass every weekend. and i heard he's make a trip to australia.

i'm not saying you are definitely in danger. i'm just saying watch your back.

Driscoll - lol, right out of my mouth bro. Reasoning in this forum hits bottom and beyond!!!

LOL these threads allways have the "I wont think twice about plucking out your eyes and ripping out your nuts blah blah blah" from guys who have 90% of the time never done anything worse then punch someone in the gut.

Worst analogy of the year award goes to...

Chris Quitiquit

for this wonderful and well thought out analogy:

Thanks Chris, but I'd rather have the medical student who's studying his heart out do a transplant on me than a wanna-be self proclaimed doctor with a butcher knife that has never picked up a book in his life.

99.9% of the time, the trained person wins.

The Doctor, has stiched the correct.

Why to neighborhood bad asses think they are so tough?

If you smoke cigs, you will almost always lose. You can't even fight for over 2 mins if you're puffin' the smokes.

I wouldnt say 99.9% of the time the trained person wins, but it is definately a lot. Sometimes athleicism can make up for a lack of training. But obviously, if all else is equal, the trained person wins easily.

These stories of "legendary" street fighters crack me up though. I've been training for a few years now and have had two fights and have to hear about some kid that "has been in a hundred fights" and "cant lose". Then he fought my buddy who is a smaller college wrestler and got trashed so bad. It was hilarious and very satisfying. Hopefully the kid learned something that day, but probably not.

"i'm not saying you are definitely in danger. "

I'm pretty sure I'm safe... more to do with the fact that I am too lazy to go out to Pubs... :)

Elvis

"i'm just saying watch your back."

I took your advice...