Training at Alliance Atlanta?

Was thinking about getting out to Atlanta for some training.

I am sure the training is top class out there (hence me wanting to visit) but was wondering if anyone knows of a decent hotel/apartments in the immediate area of the academy? I will probably be staying a couple of weeks.

If you stay anywhere in Sandy Springs or Buckhead you will be fine. Best rates will be at extended stay type places. I'd guess that you'll want to be close to Roswell Road, 400, and 285.

Call the academy and ask Clinton or Bart, they will be glad to help you out.

Stay on Roswell Road or as close as you can to it. Atlanta traffic is a bitch. The area that the academy is in suffers from a great deal of traffic, which starts around 2pm and won't stop until about 7 pm.

goto hotwire.com and put in sandy springs, GA. I found a four star hotel for 50 bucks a night. You should try to book through a discounter and stay in the "perimeter" area. Don't stay anywhere else or you will regret it. The academy is bad ass but is surrounded by traffic from 2- basically 8pm these days.

http://allianceatlanta.blogspot.com/

Alliance Atlanta's blog

ttt

Jacare is excellent...just be ready to train hard...killers over there...

I think I may of already spoken to you, but if you need any other info you are welcome to call us at 404-843-0606 or shoot me an email clinton@alliancebjj.com

TTT.

The blog rocks.

Invincible - Jacare is excellent...just be ready to train hard...killers over there...

Is he teaching classes these days? 

i don't know...haven't been there in a few years.

Thanks Clinton,
I spoke to Jacare yesterday, and will probably book up in the next couple of days.
Will look forward to meeting you when I get out there!

Morgz - 
Invincible - Jacare is excellent...just be ready to train hard...killers over there...

Is he teaching classes these days? 

Jacare and Cobrinha teach every class, with the exception of the Friday evening class which is taught by Chris Moriarty. Jacare took some time to recover after his heart surgery (a little over a month) but is now back where he belongs :)

That is great news.  Thanks GM

MrRealMrMiaghi,

Back to where it all started hey?

I agree- excellent blog.

I hope to visit the school in the near future.

Being taught by the likes of Jacare, Cobrinha, and Chris. M, must be amazing.

Back to my roots indeed Sputniik!
;)

MrRealMrMiaghi,

let us know how it goes. I would love to hear what you have to say as im planning a trip in june next year to the states. Take care bro!

Huge update to the Alliance Blog:

http://allianceatlanta.blogspot.com/

Thanks for keeping the blog updated. Great stuff.