Training Partners inSchaumburg, IL

JC - Yea, I still fight, but I am taking a break because im very busy with school. I may fight this summer, but nothing planned. I've been training at Reinhardts school on tues/thurs and Gilbert Grappling when i go home

P.S. the bad ass trainging partner I was talking about was me!! but I suppose Ebersole os OK too :\ haha

ttt

Damn, lighten up. You sound like a little girl who's had someone make
fun of her dress.

KNabs -- Yeah, school should be first. I went to Gilbert Grappling one night that summer too. They are some tough wrestlers.

Thanks for the replies people. I appreciate it.

Knownaswolf- I'm looking to train basic MMA. I prefer a heavier emphasis on the wrestling component, but that's just because that's how I condition.

Jason- Yeah, Kevin mentioned how they had been going there. As soon as I leave, those bastards start going to a good facility. Fuck heads! LOL I'll give you a call later today or tomorrow. Looks like I'll definitely need to find somewehere to train soon, eh?

JudoMo- I'll send you an e-mail on my lunch or break. It's time for me to start working. :(

Check out Jeff Curran. He's opening a new 15,000 sq. ft. school on May 3rd.

You must be referring to "Big" Ryan, Knabs. He's the only one I can think of that was tough. I seem to remember this smaller guy that was kind of tough, but after I knocked his tooth out...LMFAO!

HAHA you are very fuckin funny Jeff....and 1.) it was already fake and loose and 2.)you didnt knock it out you sqeezed it out and 3.) you = big/fat HA...

Well, I didn't want to seem like I was bragging about my amazing front head lock strength. LOL Knocking out a tooth sounds much easier to do than to squeeze it out. I was just being humble. ;) And, I'll give you fat! You're the one that is 50 lbs over the 155 he should be fighting at. HA! Take that!

Jeff, Email me. sfcchamp135@aol.com

Jeff I train with Curran and we need another big guy to train with. I am also around Schamburg all the time we would just need a place with some mats. Wonder if they would let us train at Harper College.

Jason- I'll hit you up with an e-mail around noon.

Wolf- That's exactly what I was thinking. My old roomate, Emerson, wrestled at Harper and he's good friends with the coach. I'm going to have him see if I can get with their heavies or even just use the facilities. I do know that they have all sorts of classes that go on at nights that use the mats, so I'm not sure how that will work out, but a dude can hope.

At the current moment, Curran's is out of the question for me. Like I said, I'm on foot(soon to be bicycle) and Crystal Lake is just a bit far from the far southwest corner of Schaumburg for me to be going there. Plus, I refuse...absolutely vehemently refuse...to train in a gi and everytime I've seen Jeff's guys they've been wearing gis. 200 dollars for pajamas that have no bearing on actual MMA is not something I'm willing to spend or do.

As far as the mats go, though, I do belong to the Y and there is a room with some mats in in that I can reserve and use. They're not the best mats, but I've been training on "karate" mats for 2 years now. I'm used to it. It's up to you, though.

Tim Tokark is a good guy. I remember 6 years ago i drove to Dallas to grapple in Machado's
tournament and we met each other in line outside.

Jeff never got an email

JeffGerlick wrote: "At the current moment, Curran's is out of the question for me. Like I said, I'm on foot(soon to be bicycle) and Crystal Lake is just a bit far from the far southwest corner of Schaumburg for me to be going there. Plus, I refuse...absolutely vehemently refuse...to train in a gi and everytime I've seen Jeff's guys they've been wearing gis. 200 dollars for pajamas that have no bearing on actual MMA is not something I'm willing to spend or do."

Just think of the cardio aspect of biking it to Crystal Lake... but more so, it sounds like the big 280-pound MMA guy is afraid to get choked out by a little 145-pound BJJ guy in a Gi? :^)

If you feel the need for stictly no gi, try Paul Sharps straight blast gym in Elgin

Jeff- Hey its Preston from Eastern (The guy that always trained w/ Brian in the Wrestling room.) Anywayz, hit me up with an e-mail. I may be able to get you set up with some guys close to you. I am no where near your weight, but I may wanna stop out and train every now and then once you get training out there, as I am only about an hour away. P_skultety@hotmail.com is my e-mail. Also, I recommend Currans if you got the means, thats where I trained a while back.

JeffGerlick email me at knownaswolf@comcast.net so we can work something out. And if anything I can pick you up so you can check out Currans place durring the day when they train for MMA.

Need a good heavyweight to train with, how about Terry Martin at Combat-Do. www.combat-do.com

JudoMo- Hey, I resent the e-mail to you. Originally, I had sent it to the wrong address.

What's up Preston? I'll hit you up with mail a little later as I will hit you up too, Wolf.