Training question - no flame please

Yesterday during the Lesnar/Cain primetime they were showing Lesnar and Barry sparring on the mats but then Lesnar went for a double leg and hammer fisted Barry in his face. They were both wearing boxing gloves..

So I guess my question is what were they doing sparring or rolling?

I always thought while training if your rolling be it jiu-jitsu or wrestling that strikes wouldn't be thrown. Are hammer fists and the like normal practice while rolling?

I dont train so thats why Im asking, no flame please.

quad post.

ttt

Yesterday during the Lesnar/Cain primetime they were showing Lesnar and Barry sparring on the mats but then Lesnar went for a double leg and hammer fisted Barry in his face. They were both wearing boxing gloves..

So I guess my question is what were they doing sparring or rolling?

I always thought while training if your rolling be it jiu-jitsu or wrestling that strikes wouldn't be thrown. Are hammer fists and the like normal practice while rolling?

I dont train so thats why Im asking, no flame please.

its mma sparring. you cant train the three aspects of mma as three separate things without sparring with a mixture of them. it will lead to very awkward transitions.

WrestlingSucks - its mma sparring. you cant train the three aspects of mma as three separate things without sparring with a mixture of them. it will lead to very awkward transitions.

Now I imagine they do sessions where they grapple or roll with out the sparring gloves.. but if they are sparring/grappling with the big ass sparring gloves hammer fists and the like are all go?

How much grappling can go on with those big ass sparring gloves though?