Training Tips????????

How many of you have families, bills, work 50+ hrs a week and train? I was wondering if you guys have any tips. Basically I have a daughter, bills, I work about 50 hrs a week, plus I teach kids BJJ classes and Muay Thai 3 x's a week. To top things off I'm starting grad school next month. I'm a purple belt and I want to better my skills with only about 3 to 4 days a week to train. Do you guys have any tips on training with such a limited time? When I get to the gym, I'm already drained. But I also want to make the most of the days I do have to train. What can you guys suggest? Place a higher concentration on technique and cardio work on other days? Anything would help. Thanks guys.

Jay

Any tips?

Eat good and work cardio. If you wanna do something when you get to the gym... what I do after working 9-10 hours a day is eat good and go for a walk every 2 hours or so while i am at work. I'll level my protien and carbs in the morning till my last meal, which is before I go to the gym. Then that last meal I'll eat more carbs and sip on a carb-type of drink (ie. gatorade, poweraide, etc) about 30 minutes before I am gonna roll.

This way, my energy is up due to the carbs and through leveling my protien with my carbs throughout the day, my muscles recover preaty quick.

ttt

It is not chronolgically or physically possible to raise a family, work 50+ hours, teach kids classes 3 X per week, go to grad school, AND have time for your own training.

A couple of those things need to be dropped.

Thanks for the tips guys. I really do appreciate it.

take it day by day...
be carefull not to get injured. because if you do, no matter how many plans you have..you canĀ“t do them. And it sucks not to train at all.....

do what i did. divorce your wife, sell the house and move to florida to fight! well, maybe not exactly like that, but something along those lines. i do like the diet advice. im big into sports nutrition and find this to be one of the weak links in most people's training regime. they have actualy found that cutting gatorade in half by water is better absorbed and less of a glucose spike than regular. after workout, repeat glucose rehydration but with uncut. pay attention to lean (fish, turkey breast) proteins with whole grain pasta for quality carbs. one palm or fist is a good approximation for a serving. eat 4-6 times per day. in addition, graze on vegetables throughout the day. typicaly the darker the color the better. sleep as much as you can with the workload you have. not at all easy. i agree with kansetsuwaza, something has to go.

If you have a wife, ditch her. Remember the words of the immortal Mickey "Women weaken legs!"

Next, drop grad school... you probably make enough money now, don't worry about advancing your career...training is more important.

Move close to where you train, so you cut down on driving time. Better yet, see if you can work out a way to sleep on a cot at the gym.

If you have any kind of retirement fund or investments, quit your job as well, you can live off your savings. You'll earn it back when you win a UFC or two...

And, uh, that's about it. Just remember "Training is life."