Tramadol is USADA-WADA approved

ShoreBreaker -

Half the chics working at veterinary clinics abuse the shit out that drug  

This guy knows

chupecabre - Tramadol isn't an opiate. Weirdly, and this is the truth, they don't know how it works and it doesn't work the same for everyone. It's kind of like taking an SSRI and an opiate. It has opiate qualities but is certainly not an opiate. There is concern about addiction for some and others it has absolutely no effect. That it's not a true opiate is probably what keeps off the banned list. The Devil's Lettuce being on the list is just retarded though.
It's a really interesting drug

Funny you mentioned it's like taking an ssri. Lots of off label use with very promising results for chronic depression.

MountainMedic -
Unclemac1 -

Avoid Tramadol at all costs if you can. Horrible withdrawals if you get addicted which is a big risk. My coleague works at the substance abuse clinic in my town and tou wouldnt believe how many Tramadol addicts they have. They have to lower their doses gradually. It can really fuck you up. Take it from me being a psychiatric nurse. 

I dunno man. I was on it heavy for a couple years and had zero issues. I've read all the forums and papers and it's always seemed nuts to me and way overblown.
For reference- I was on oxy for two months, was definitely physically addicted. Kicked cold turkey and I was in hell. Full on withdrawals. Felt like I was going crazy, dope sick beyond anything I'd ever imagined.
So I do know what it's like. That's actually the reason I looked up so much about tramadol, I was afraid of going through that again.

Told my doc I was gonna quit, cold turkey again. He wanted to ween me off but I tend to do shit the hard way. Had some still on hand in case I got too sick (did the same when I kicked oxy). Never needed them. I had pain again that was intense only because I hadn't really felt it for a few years, but zero withdrawal symptoms. None, even after 2 years of heavy use.

Every one is different, but I honestly believe 99% of these people have an emotional attachment/addiction, not a physical one.
I'm on it right now. I went to snap city on a 545lb deadlift and fucked up my SI.

I'm not worried at all about addiction. The only thing I've ever been addicted to is World of Warcraft.

Humphrey -
McSurly - Its not opiate based, its a synthetic drug with similar side effects but technically not habit forming.

i was told that lie about it not being habit forming too.

that's 100% bullshit, and i can also firmly say it can get you high just like any pain med does. it's slightly different but very similar

it can destroy lives, and there are MANY forums discussing how easy it is to get addicted, mostly because of doctors prescribing it telling people it's not addictive

My God it is definitely addictive... Been there smashed those back!!!

It's weird I've taken it off and on for the past couple of years (I actually took one this morning before work) and have had zero issues (side effects / addiction).  In general the national discussion around opioids is hard to decipher because you have facts mixed in with over-the-top hysteria.  There are people that truly become addicted after first use, then you have those that become addicted after deliberately abusing the drug, and you have others (like myself) that have used them off and on for years without any issue.  I just wish there was more nuance around the discussion.

Seems like the internet thinks otherwise about it being addictive

http://drugabuse.com/library/tramadol-abuse/

MountainMedic -
Unclemac1 -

Avoid Tramadol at all costs if you can. Horrible withdrawals if you get addicted which is a big risk. My coleague works at the substance abuse clinic in my town and tou wouldnt believe how many Tramadol addicts they have. They have to lower their doses gradually. It can really fuck you up. Take it from me being a psychiatric nurse. 

I dunno man. I was on it heavy for a couple years and had zero issues. I"ve read all the forums and papers and it"s always seemed nuts to me and way overblown.
For reference- I was on oxy for two months, was definitely physically addicted. Kicked cold turkey and I was in hell. Full on withdrawals. Felt like I was going crazy, dope sick beyond anything I"d ever imagined.
So I do know what it"s like. That"s actually the reason I looked up so much about tramadol, I was afraid of going through that again.

Told my doc I was gonna quit, cold turkey again. He wanted to ween me off but I tend to do shit the hard way. Had some still on hand in case I got too sick (did the same when I kicked oxy). Never needed them. I had pain again that was intense only because I hadn"t really felt it for a few years, but zero withdrawal symptoms. None, even after 2 years of heavy use.

Every one is different, but I honestly believe 99% of these people have an emotional attachment/addiction, not a physical one.

the FDA thinks you're 100% wrong. and while everyone is different. the dosage is what makes the difference it seems

---

Tramadol was originally considered to have a much better safety profile than other opioid analgesics like morphine or hydrocodone. The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) originally approved tramadol for use in 1995, and recommended it not be classified as a controlled substance. However, due to mounting evidence of abuse among the general public, as well as evidence of withdrawal symptoms upon cessation, the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) published revised rules in 2014 making tramadol a federally controlled drug (Schedule IV).

When taken orally in pill form, the liver metabolizes tramadol into several chemicals including O-desmethyltramadol, which produces much more potent effects than tramadol itself. Taken orally at high doses, tramadol can produce a euphoric high similar to another commonly abused opiate medication, oxycodone (OxyContin).

Humphrey -
McSurly - Its not opiate based, its a synthetic drug with similar side effects but technically not habit forming.

i was told that lie about it not being habit forming too.

that's 100% bullshit, and i can also firmly say it can get you high just like any pain med does. it's slightly different but very similar

it can destroy lives, and there are MANY forums discussing how easy it is to get addicted, mostly because of doctors prescribing it telling people it's not addictive

I became addicted to opiate pain pills. I ran out and was told tramodol was similar.

I ordered a bottle. It did absolutely nothing. I threw the shit away.

I understand it's a synthetic opiate-like drug, but it did nothing for actua lopiate wds.

BrckNoHitBk -
Pat Giles -
zackthewop - Ive taken a lot of pain meds and honestly tramadol just feels like Im taking ibuprofen.

Still it has to be worse for your health than marijuana.
Tramadol is like aleve. If you get addicted there's something wrong..

Why do people talk about stuff they have no clue about?

Anybody whose had an issue with opiates would laugh at this. Tramadol is garbage even compared to weak percs or Vicodin 

MountainMedic -
Unclemac1 -

I dunno man. I was on it heavy for a couple years and had zero issues. I've read all the forums and papers and it's always seemed nuts to me and way overblown.
For reference- I was on oxy for two months, was definitely physically addicted. Kicked cold turkey and I was in hell. Full on withdrawals. Felt like I was going crazy, dope sick beyond anything I'd ever imagined.
So I do know what it's like. That's actually the reason I looked up so much about tramadol, I was afraid of going through that again.

Told my doc I was gonna quit, cold turkey again. He wanted to ween me off but I tend to do shit the hard way. Had some still on hand in case I got too sick (did the same when I kicked oxy). Never needed them. I had pain again that was intense only because I hadn't really felt it for a few years, but zero withdrawal symptoms. None, even after 2 years of heavy use.

tramadol addicts because its the only thing doctors will prescribe now.

CSWrestler -
BrckNoHitBk -
Pat Giles -
zackthewop - Ive taken a lot of pain meds and honestly tramadol just feels like Im taking ibuprofen.

Still it has to be worse for your health than marijuana.
Tramadol is like aleve. If you get addicted there's something wrong..

Why do people talk about stuff they have no clue about?

Anybody whose had an issue with opiates would laugh at this. Tramadol is garbage even compared to weak percs or Vicodin 

yep vics are dog shit and tramadol is nowhere near their level. Tramadol is basically Tylenol. Also how can people become addicted if there is no high.

Just took one a minute ago as can't sleep. I've had a pack of six for 3 months, first one I've taken. Wouldn't class it as addictive compared to tobacco or alcohol, or big titties

man, that stuff is nasty.  my buddies GF got prescribed it for shoulder pain.  she was like 4'11 and he was avg size 6ft ish.  she tried to attack him, so he went behind a door, she knocked the door down with a knife trying to stab him.  then did a 180 and said she was going to kill herself and jumped off a balcony with the knife.  

FUCKING NUTS.  plz don't take that garbage.  my buddy was fucked in the head forever because of that woman.  she would like be on a timer.  every 70 hours it would go off and all hell would break loose.

Humphrey -
MountainMedic -
Unclemac1 -

I dunno man. I was on it heavy for a couple years and had zero issues. I"ve read all the forums and papers and it"s always seemed nuts to me and way overblown.
For reference- I was on oxy for two months, was definitely physically addicted. Kicked cold turkey and I was in hell. Full on withdrawals. Felt like I was going crazy, dope sick beyond anything I"d ever imagined.
So I do know what it"s like. That"s actually the reason I looked up so much about tramadol, I was afraid of going through that again.

Told my doc I was gonna quit, cold turkey again. He wanted to ween me off but I tend to do shit the hard way. Had some still on hand in case I got too sick (did the same when I kicked oxy). Never needed them. I had pain again that was intense only because I hadn"t really felt it for a few years, but zero withdrawal symptoms. None, even after 2 years of heavy use.

the FDA thinks you're 100% wrong. and while everyone is different. the dosage is what makes the difference it seems

---

Tramadol was originally considered to have a much better safety profile than other opioid analgesics like morphine or hydrocodone. The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) originally approved tramadol for use in 1995, and recommended it not be classified as a controlled substance. However, due to mounting evidence of abuse among the general public, as well as evidence of withdrawal symptoms upon cessation, the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) published revised rules in 2014 making tramadol a federally controlled drug (Schedule IV).

When taken orally in pill form, the liver metabolizes tramadol into several chemicals including O-desmethyltramadol, which produces much more potent effects than tramadol itself. Taken orally at high doses, tramadol can produce a euphoric high similar to another commonly abused opiate medication, oxycodone (OxyContin).

As I said, that was my personal experience. A couple months on oxy and I understood why junkies will kill their own grandmother for their next fix. 2 years on high dose tramadol and I experienced nothing when I stopped.

Did literally nothing for me. I could take 5 or more in a day and it did ZERO.

Gave my friend one and it he said he was fucked up from 1 pill.

I was prescribed them for a herniated disc. Ended up giving them to my mom who would give them to the arthritic dog.

Guess its different for everyone. Useless for me.

sloppyfloppys - I'm on tramadol now and it's no different than any other pain medication other than its composition. I'm very surprised it's allowed.

When I am really bad off, I take a Tramadol. It takes the edge off, but little else for me. If I have to take one every few months it's not too bad for me.

You know what??? I think it is absolutely retarded that this shit is something I can get from a physician. It barely helps, and is heavily controlled. Marijuana is supposed to be the most anti-inflammatory and anti-pain substance on the planet and we cannot get it without risking going to prison.

LBJ -
MountainMedic -
Humphrey -
MountainMedic -
Unclemac1 -

---

As I said, that was my personal experience. A couple months on oxy and I understood why junkies will kill their own grandmother for their next fix. 2 years on high dose tramadol and I experienced nothing when I stopped.

It is one step up from the 800 mg Asprin the prescribe. I have taken Tramadol and you can slightly feel an Opiet like feeling but it is so faint I can't imagine anyone getting addicted to them.  And when it wears off after 2-3 hours I would get an awful feeling of being tired and it would make my eyes red as fuck.

I Took it for a week and went back to my normal cocktail. 50% adderal, 50% oxy. Life is much better now. 

It worked well enough for me for the pain.

I was back working after learning how to walk again and I was in ridiculous pain. Some nights we'd get a call and my leg would be so cramped up I literally had to hop to the ambulance. Talked to my doc about options. He recommended ultram/tramadol. I told him I couldn't be high on the job (duh, but he didn't want me working at all yet), and he replied that I'd be fine to work on it, no problem.

Got the script, did a ton of homework, but held off for about a week until I had a few days off to do a "test run".
I was pretty high. "Well shit, this isn't going to work. But I finally get Family Guy"

Tried it again 2 days later and not high at all, but pain recedes. Never felt"high" from them again. In fact the only reason I stopped taking them was because I didn't want to take pills every day. I could basically have a lifetime supply if I wanted it, yet I remain drug free a decade later.
Because it's not physically addictive.

And I don't give a shit if the FDA agrees with me or not, they're wrong about a ton of sit-down this is just another one. I agree with the post above that if your life was going to be ruined by tramadol you're probably the kind of person that would have wrecked their life without it.

Lol are all the junkies in here getting mad because their tolerance is to high to feel tramadol.