Traning mask picked apart by Dr's on Facebook LOL

Lol, Russian scientists???

dmoralesf -
john joe - i would think the only real benefit is to replicate that horrible exhausted pitch-dark claustrophobia you can get in a hard fight or grapple, and get you really comfortable with being in that situation while hardly able to breathe

my thoughts as well.

Good point Phone Post

john joe - i would think the only real benefit is to replicate that horrible exhausted pitch-dark claustrophobia you can get in a hard fight or grapple, and get you really comfortable with being in that situation while hardly able to breathe

Interesting perspective. it would be difficult to quantify development by psychological abuse via the physical limitations of the mask, but I don't discredit that aspect of training.
IMO if you're not someone who pushes yourself to those limits it would be hard to understand why it would be helpful.

I thought everyone knew this was worthless junk.

they lost right away by being insulting and childish instead of either:

1. Addressing it in a way that still made the product seem useful

2. Deleting the posting as soon as it cropped up. lol

That whole thing is a good example of what brands should NOT do through their social media channels.

Do you know what else mimics the horrible exhausted claustrophobia of hard grappling?

Hard grappling.

MartialArtsMixed - i saw some dude hiking up a hill with that thing on, i wanted to ask him " you trane bro? "

lol you should have thrown up a UG sign as he ran by you

Well, you can replicate real exhaustion through regular training.

When I did MMA we would do heavy bag, while a partner waited near the bag. 1 minute on the bag, 1 minute sparring, no breaks, very high intensity and just do reps of that and it was suffocating shit after a while, it was brutal.

GladiatorGannon - 

Do you know what else mimics the horrible exhausted claustrophobia of hard grappling?

Hard grappling.

this

i think it is disrespectful of Hillary to publicly embarrass a qualified doctor who is only offering a reasonable product for a low, low price

GladiatorGannon
33 minutes ago
john joe - i would think the only real benefit is to replicate that horrible exhausted pitch-dark claustrophobia you can get in a hard fight or grapple, and get you really comfortable with being in that situation while hardly able to breathe

Hard grappling.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, hello people, wake up. Phone Post

JSho - i think it is disrespectful of Hillary to publicly embarrass a qualified doctor who is only offering a reasonable product for a low, low price

Lol Phone Post

Finally someone speaks on this.  I could never understand the benefit an could not correlate it to altitude style training past getting used to having less oxygen intake an the panick feeling that can occur when not receiving enough oxygen.  I just imagined if you wanted big scalene, sternocleidmastoid, an traps it wouldnt be a bad way to go about it.

cheesesteak - There's a douche at my gym who wears one. He looks so stupid and thinks he's a badass. I would like to kick him in the stomach.

how do you know what he thinks? u sure he isnt just outworking u an making you hate yourself?

Todd Duffee -
cheesesteak - There's a douche at my gym who wears one. He looks so stupid and thinks he's a badass. I would like to kick him in the stomach.

how do you know what he thinks? u sure he isnt just outworking u an making you hate yourself?

Lol.. Ouch Phone Post

I wanted to add I am not convinced its a bad product an just a marketing ploy there is a chance I stil believe it could be useful in heart rate training, shorting work outs, alienating yourself etc

You were looking in the mirror

BaraoKix - 

You were looking in the mirror

Really?

if it minimizes oxygen intake and you are still working very hard, how does this not help you?

buiding your endurance/cardio with less oxygen intake wouldnt it then make your breathing when not under duress that much more beneficial and help you

educate me ppls?

Here's my non-FRAT response -
Will the training mask help with your cardio? YES

Will it magically teach your lungs how to absorb more oxygen? NO

---------------------------------

FRAT response:

The mask basically just inhibits the intake of air. Meaning you kind of have to suck slow and steady to get each lungful. Personally, I learned this breathing technique whilst suffocating under many a sweaty gi. Breathing slow and steady when NOT being suffocated by a gi is easier than when you ARE being suffocated even if you've never trained with a training mask. That part is plain science. ;)

The mask can/will help, but not for the "scientific reasons" they tried to promote it with. It cannot duplicate the benefit of real high altitude training. It simply inhibits the intake, it does not change the density or oxygen% of the air you are breathing. It can't. It's a neoprene and plastic mask.

Wanna know what can? Actually training at altitude. THAT would teach your lungs to process oxygen more efficiently, giving you better absorbtion when you compete at a lower elevation.................or something like that. Since the air is thinner you would also be regulating your breathing patterns much more carefully throughout the training anyway.