Trans (Male to Female) wightlifter to represent NZ

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11811451

Basicly dude lifted for NZ as a junior. Never made the big time (wasnt good enough). Then switches gender and complies with IOC rules. Then demands to compete as a woman. Does one comp and smashed national records by 22kg and will no go to the comonwealth games ahead of the bronze medalist from last time.

Ioc states that a trans must have a Test level of 10Nmol or less for 12 (might be 24) months.

Fock dat nonsense

U compete according to what your birth certificate says

Doesn't matter if u put on a dress or chop ur balls off... Ur still a man

Not according to the IOC. Its the lifter who is getting booted off the team i feel sorry for. She when to Rio for NZ has done other games (got bronze in 2014 commonwealths) in the past and now she is left with a choice drop 17kg (37lbs) to the next devion down or she will effectivly hae to compete with a man. Not cool for her at all.

The Olympics will be very interesting soon.

It's time to end women's sports and make everything co-ed

it is the unfortunate, but necessary evolution of nonsense... until nonsense is stopped

I see nothing wrong with this, one day male atheletes will be able to be bi-gendered and compete in the male and female Olympics and pro sports.  Once women have been completely eliminated from sports we will truely have reached equality.

U know what... Im a pretty good golfer but I couldn't get to the pga

However I could compete with the top women golfers cause they cant drive the ball nearly as far as the men

Maybe ill put on a thong and a dress and go destroy the Lpga

Im not joking, I could make bank and sponsorships

How long until this actually occurs???

People's penchant to do things that are self centered never ceases to amaze me. 

LiveWire - 

People's penchant to do things that are self centered never ceases to amaze me. 

This is getting really illogical...

AliceinNirvana@PearlGarden - U know what... Im a pretty good golfer but I couldn't get to the pga

However I could compete with the top women golfers cause they cant drive the ball nearly as far as the men

you don't need the dress... whatever version of woman you declare yourself should be good enough

People that choose to reassign their gender should just have to give up competitive sports at this level. It's your choice. It's completely ridiculous and I'm sure the IOC believes that but doesn't want the controversy.

BTW this has sort of already happened in the Olympics with a hermaphrodite. That's a little trickier but imo transgendered particpation in gendered competition is ridiculous.

Wayne Shamrock -
AliceinNirvana@PearlGarden - U know what... Im a pretty good golfer but I couldn't get to the pga

you don't need the dress... whatever version of woman you declare yourself should be good enough

Probably

But that's basically what happened here. A male weightlifter couldn't beat the men

Changed gender and is now crushing it

I would actually love to see dudes that are really good but not elite just start crushing women's sports

Squatdog is definitely going to bring home the gold.

I trained with him for around 4 years and can say that the whole trans-gender thing honestly doesn't surprise me. He was a weird dude (presumably autistic) but perfectly affable and very smart, with a masters in physics and mathematics iirc.

Having said that, the guy was cleaning 190kg in training and now that he's switched teams, is going to completely annihilate the women's Oceania records as a washed up 39 year old.

Thelonious -

People that choose to reassign their gender should just have to give up competitive sports at this level. It's your choice. It's completely ridiculous and I'm sure the IOC believes that but doesn't want the controversy.

BTW this has sort of already happened in the Olympics with a hermaphrodite. That's a little trickier but imo transgendered particpation in gendered competition is ridiculous.

Wasn't there a black 'girl' from Afrcia breaking running records, in distance races? Can't remember but she towered over real girls. I remember because her test levels were higher than mine [i think 350].

Why can't we just say "Sorry, you can't compete in this kind of competition."?

The IOC should just make a new division for Transgenders

/thread /discussion /problem