Travel to India? TME

I've been invited to a wedding in India. My wife and I want to go but we know nothing about the country. We'll be ushered around by a friend of my wife. She's originally from India, and it's her cousin that's getting married.

Anyone been to, or from India? Is it safe to travel there these days? I know it's right on the edge of the middle east. However, I'm not sure if there are any risks for Americans these days. Do I have anything to worry about or can I go on vacation and have a good time? Phone Post 3.0

it smells wonderful there

Send the money for the wedding gift and take a vacation to Vegas instead.

Trust - 

Where in India? 

This is important to know.

Meat_Gazer1911 - What will the total cost be to fly to India for someone's wedding? LOL, they must be some serious friends to spend that money.

Are you that close to your 7-11 guy or the sloppy programmer in your office?

The cost can be several thousand.  If you can fly through London and/or Dubai during the trip you may be able to salvage some of the trip.

Eat nothing, drink nothing, don't let anyone close to you or breath on you, wear a face mask and you might be ok.

Maybe. Phone Post 3.0

use your left hand to wipe your ass

hubris - use your left hand to wipe your ass
And shake hands with! Phone Post 3.0

A_Butler - I've been invited to a wedding in India. My wife and I want to go but we know nothing about the country. We'll be ushered around by a friend of my wife. She's originally from India, and it's her cousin that's getting married.

Anyone been to, or from India? Is it safe to travel there these days? I know it's right on the edge of the middle east. However, I'm not sure if there are any risks for Americans these days. Do I have anything to worry about or can I go on vacation and have a good time? Phone Post 3.0

It's safe, but filthy.

The people will likely be SUPER nice to you and they are very welcoming to guests.

You'll need a ton of shots before you go there because diseases that aren't seen over here are very active there.

The place is filthy. People piss in the streets, it smells, and there's garbage everywhere.

They wipe their asses with their hands after they shit. This includes the people that touch and make your food, so don't eat anything that's raw. Has to be cooked. I bring granola bars and peanut butter when I go so I don't have to worry about it.

It's a huge country so when people want to take you somewhere to go sightseeing you will likely be in a small car on a shitty crowded road for 3 - 4 hours each way.

It's filthy there too.

A_Butler - I've been invited to a wedding in India. My wife and I want to go but we know nothing about the country. We'll be ushered around by a friend of my wife. She's originally from India, and it's her cousin that's getting married.

You know it's right to the Middle East??

Have you travelled much fren??

If not....then India may be a little too much for your delicate constitution. Phone Post 3.0

Go. Most amazing culture shock to be had anywhere.

Let go of some pre-conceived notions and fears and enjoy the DIFFERENCE.

You will never forget it and it WILL change you.

Plus you will only be there for a week or 2. You can handle anything for that long.

Make sure the wife is a trooper and not a prissy complainer though.

If she is, forget it. Don't go.

PisoMojado -
A_Butler - I've been invited to a wedding in India. My wife and I want to go but we know nothing about the country. We'll be ushered around by a friend of my wife. She's originally from India, and it's her cousin that's getting married.

You know it's right to the Middle East??

Have you travelled much fren??

If not....then India may be a little too much for your delicate constitution. Phone Post 3.0
Have you looked at a map? There The middle east, and then, just on the edge of the middle east, is India. I didn't say the top, bottom, left, or right edge. I said the edge. Do you comprehend much of what you read fren? Phone Post 3.0

billyball2 -
A_Butler - I've been invited to a wedding in India. My wife and I want to go but we know nothing about the country. We'll be ushered around by a friend of my wife. She's originally from India, and it's her cousin that's getting married.

It's safe, but filthy.

The people will likely be SUPER nice to you and they are very welcoming to guests.

You'll need a ton of shots before you go there because diseases that aren't seen over here are very active there.

The place is filthy. People piss in the streets, it smells, and there's garbage everywhere.

They wipe their asses with their hands after they shit. This includes the people that touch and make your food, so don't eat anything that's raw. Has to be cooked. I bring granola bars and peanut butter when I go so I don't have to worry about it.

It's a huge country so when people want to take you somewhere to go sightseeing you will likely be in a small car on a shitty crowded road for 3 - 4 hours each way.

It's filthy there too.
Thanks.. This is good info. It does not sound like very much fun to me.

The friend is from a very wealthy family. Her wedding was the most ridiculous thing I'd ever seen. And it was about two weeks long. However, per the countries "traditions" she was forced into an arranged marriage. I understand that's normal over there, but I'm not sure if I wanna pay a couple grand to go hang out with a bunch of people that still think like that....

And I'm not sure where at in India. I know it's a big country, I'll find out and report back with more info. Phone Post 3.0

Enjoy the diarrhea

My friend just got back from India ...
They were there for 20 days....
They had like 2 good experiences.,,,
I had to drag it out of them , but it's apparently next level, dirty, smelly and crowded...
These are super positive people and for them to not like something Is a huge warning sigh to me,,, Phone Post 3.0

Aside from shitholes like Syria, India is near the bottom of my list to visit. Too dirty and too many people.  Added to that, I'm not a liberal white girl that is going for the life-changing spiritual yoga visit

it's literally a river of shit

My parents came from india to here in their twenties. I was born and raised here but I had the chance to go back twice for a period of 2 to 3 weeks to see where they grew up. India had states like the u.s. but each state is like it's own country. I came from kerala, a state with Christians and mostly farmers. It's more city like in the north. So it all depends what state u go to. Phone Post 3.0

hubris - it's literally a river of shit

Don't forget bodies.

With a 5000+ year history you'd think they'd learn a thing or two about not contaminating their drinking supply.

Also for people who got their info from TV and news about how India is.... remember about 911/middle east propaganda bro Phone Post 3.0