Travis Lutter confirmed back in UFC (?)

Just seen where his manager posted this on txmma. I put a question mark because the manager said he's back in the ufc but sometimes those guys speak out their asses:

PaulHalme
Master Instigator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:14 pm Reply with quote

Travis came in and had one of his best weight cuts ever. He felt good and was ready to go with a solid game plan.

I love how everyone says he was not in shape. We brought in the best guys in the area to get him ready and he was in awesome shape. His diet was under control. You can ask anyone who saw him workout.

People forget how good Rich is, he is arguably #2 in the UFC at 185 and hits like a truck. If you watch the fight, you will see Travis get rocked early. If you have ever been in a cage fighting you would understand that things change quickly when you are rocked. Travis went on instinct and damn near won the fight, but he didn't. Rich is one tough guy and started to pick Travis apart and that just wore him down. He was not himself in between rounds.

He will be back in the UFC and ready to go.

PaulHalme
Master Instigator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:01 pm Reply with quote

No excuses, Travis trained his @ss off for this fight. I am assuming from your post you have never fought mma (no offense intended). You need to watch the fight again, Rich hit Travis with some nice combos and knees followed by a head kick. No excuses there, Rich executed his plan and inflicted as much damage as he could. The damage Travis took caused him to shift gears and push too hard without his normal set ups, which in turn drained him faster than I have ever seen.

Did you stop and think that Travis made Rich look terrible in round 1?

"Did you stop and think that Travis made Rich look terrible in round 1?"

That is yet another asshole thing from Lutter and his people, imo.

Someone put some questions to the manager that are good and haven't been answered yet:

"Well I've seen far, far worse in even things like WEC where guys were bloodied so bad it was amazing they let it continue; gash in a guy's head where you could see his skull, that went farther than one round... no offense, just bringing up alternative points here."

"Aren't all the fighters getting pounded with 4oz gloves in front of 21000 people?"

barrydavisbjj - "Did you stop and think that Travis made Rich look terrible in round 1?"

That is yet another asshole thing from Lutter and his people, imo.

LoL, I love excuses like this. "Well, if the fight was one round, Travis would have gotten the nod!!!"

I agree with you completely Brigham. I can just see him and his guys all sitting around and saying how they had Franklin beat and would surely beat him in a rematch, etc., etc.

so basically his trainer's implying that Lutter will never be world-class

I lost the remaining amount of respect I had for Lutter after hearing him say his loss to anderson was a fluke, and how he'd beat anderson 10 times out of 10 in the future.

Apparently not since he can't even scrape by the guy who silva completely dismantled twice.

Lutter has so much talent, but he is lazy and will never be a top fighter because of his lack of conditioning.If he gets a better gas tank then he could be a force. Also would need to join a top team like ATT etc

Well according to travis he beat Anderson Silva "every minute of the fight" until Silva finished him.

Travis was winning the whole 2 minutes before he lost.

Lutter has awesome potentia. He needs a good training camp with pro fighters and stop training with students for his fights

Lutter's wrestling and ground game have looked incredible the last few years, but his standup is awful.

He looked hurt to me, not gassed.

He was totally outclassed standing with Rich, it was almost painful to watch

That being said, he looked dominating the first round when he got the takedown and almost had the sub

he looked soft and flabby to me, not like he had been dieting and doing cardio

It is amazing: every UFC, guys get smacked in the head, and few ever look as gassed as after four minutes as Lutter did.

Rich himself criticized Lutter's cardio in the post-fight interview.

I don't care what shape ur in, he had the WRONG GAME PLAN.