Trazadone...good for sleep?

seroquel no longer works for my insomnia..Otc stuff like melatonin and Tylenol pm don't even budge it..I've heard about trazadone..many claim it's the best for sleep..does anyone on here take it? Any side effects? Does it make you groggy the morning after?

Clonazepam works for me , i only take it as needed sometimes not for a week or three, sometimes three times a week, but it always helps get me to bed.

I'm scared to stop Seroquel cause of my sleep. So I'm in but have no idea OP

I highly recommend it, i take it on and off as needed. Non habit forming, low side effects, cheap.

Ex used to take it to sleep. Made her mouth extremely dry, made it hard to swallow liquids and I think sometimes it depressed her normal breathing.

It can work almost too good.

I took it ten years ago and it result in 18 hours of sleeping almsot every day. To get up any earlier than that would result in me being a unending walking zombie until I slept the last bit off.

At the time I needed it for both depression and insomina, but I was so damn glad to get off of it.

Never_rolled -

It worked for me but I was a zombie in the morning. Zquil is my goto.

You take Zquil every night? It used to help me relax and go to leer but now NyQuil just makes me kind of anxious and awake

Paramount Donkey - I'm scared to stop Seroquel cause of my sleep. So I'm in but have no idea OP

How long have you been taking seroquel for?Dosage?

Didn't really work that great for me. Would take it, fall asleep for an hour, then struggle to sleep until dawn when I would finally get some zzzzs. Would wake up tired as fuck and groggy to the point I couldn't keep my eyes open.

I've been on 100 mg seroquel for depression and insomnia. I would be worried about stopping. It took a lot of time, trial and error to get to a place where i was comfortable and where it works well. Plus, to stop nightmares i was put on prazosin.

Just make sure you are comfortable with your medicine.

Never_rolled - 
ons ear -
Never_rolled -

It worked for me but I was a zombie in the morning. Zquil is my goto.

You take Zquil every night? It used to help me relax and go to leer but now NyQuil just makes me kind of anxious and awake

Every night. It gets me tired enough to fall

asleep but more importantly stay alseep. 

Is that otc or a script?

Worked great for me

Ceroquel knocks me the fuck out, each and every night

shifty1watchim - Ceroquel knocks me the fuck out, each and every night
Seroquel

Beastro -

It can work almost too good.

I took it ten years ago and it result in 18 hours of sleeping almsot every day. To get up any earlier than that would result in me being a unending walking zombie until I slept the last bit off.

At the time I needed it for both depression and insomina, but I was so damn glad to get off of it.

Had similar experience.  Wife was unable to wake me without considerable physical stimulus.  I was out!  Also, the "Indiana Jones-esque" dreams left me exhausted after I woke up.  Was almost like I hadnt slept.

I was not a fan of Trazadone.

ons ear -
Paramount Donkey - I'm scared to stop Seroquel cause of my sleep. So I'm in but have no idea OP

How long have you been taking seroquel for?Dosage?

I've been taking it for about 6 months. Was 100mg but I cut it in half a couple weeks ago because I don't have anymore refills.

I was drinking pretty heavily before that so I was able to sleep but the Seroquel makes it much easier to fall asleep and to stay asleep

Been taking 10 mg ambient to help me sleep for more years than i wish to admit. Nice sound sleep and you don’t wake up groggy like if you took NyQuil, for example. Ambient is the shit works for me. 

Have a Trazadone prescription for 100 mg. I can’t fall asleep without taking it. When using the full dose, I’m out cold and don’t wake up for at least 8 hours. According to my wife, I’m figuratively dead to the world. However, like others have said, I feel all out of sorts in the morning. It takes another hour or two for the fog to clear.

So during the week, I only use 50 mg. Helps me fall asleep, usually wake up after 4-5 hours but am able to fall back asleep for an hour or two most of the time. Still feel better with less sleep than I do after taking a full dose.

You can vary the dose for trazadone, if you feel to groggy, try 50mg.  If you wake up early,  try 30 ish mg to fall asleep,  then take another 30 halfway through the night

I usually take 25mg to help fall asleep and that's all.  

Combo with breathing focused meditation and exercise.  Initiate the meditation after taking the dose and lying in bed.  Take the dose right before bed with food

Keeping it real, priapism is terrible and a side effect that kept me away from trazadone. It was harder to fall asleep on an erection than it was without trazadone