Treadmill or Bike?

Treadmill or Bike?

Which do you prefer and why?

Which would be better for burning calories, burning fat, and conditioning?

Thanks.

Well wit a bike I like the fact that you are working the quads alot more than with running... and on hard bike ride, I get just as tired if not more than a hard treadmill workout. I have both... a top of the line treadmill and a really nice bike... I catc myself on the bike more

As far as caloric expenditure and fat use as fuel goes the mode of exercise matters very little. What matters is the duration and the intensity of the chosen exercise. If you are working at a pace that burns one hundred calories in 15 minutes on the treadmill you can replicate the same intensity on a bike so you would utilize the same one hundred calories. So, it's not really about WHAT you do, but rather how hard and for how long you do it.

As far as "conditioning" goes you will involve more muscle groups while using a treadmill than riding a stationary bike. Personally I mix/switch my cardio exercises regularly because I get easily bored with cardio work.

Best in Health and Training, J. R.

versaclimber!

I particularily like using the bike. I don't know why but I can't help but feel like a hamster when I am running on the treadmill. Besides that I find it hard on my lower back and on my knee. Theres my .02.