Trevor Wittman Appreciation Thread

Trains or trained Pat and Rose. Marquardt. BANG. Carwin. Schaub. Gaethje.

Cared enough about Marquardt and his family tonight to know when enough was enough. Did the hardest thing a corner can do (stop it when the fighter wants to keep going). Saved Nate God knows how many shots to his head and allowed him to go out with his dignity (He never quit- his corner made the decision)

Amazing striking coach. And person. Phone Post 3.0

Agreed, the corner doesn't throw in the towel in mma enough Phone Post 3.0

Seriously I loved the zero hesitation Trevor had in stopping it as soon as Nate said he had nothing left. Great call as a coach and great call as a human. Phone Post 3.0

You heard him in the corner to Nate "Look me in the eye. No, brother, you're done." Nate has a family and one on the way. Daddy will be better off long term because his corner cared enough to tell him when enough was enough. Phone Post 3.0

Stand up move by a solid Coach Phone Post 3.0

It showed he cared when his first words to Nate were "are you okay?" and then immediately said "I'm stopping it" when Nate responded. Didn't give Nate a chance to awkwardly try and tough it out. Just instant stoppage when his guy showed it was over.

mixedmartialfarts - Seriously I loved the zero hesitation Trevor had in stopping it as soon as Nate said he had nothing left. Great call as a coach and great call as a human. Phone Post 3.0
It lets the fighter say "yeah, but I could have..." without having to. If this is Nate's last fight, it let him go out awake, not tapping and without a referee pulling another man off him.

I agree- It doesn't happen enough in MMA. But few corners are as experienced and professional as Wittman. Phone Post 3.0

My respect for him went sky high for him after that. As it was said before, not enough guys would do that. If Nate is done, shout out to him for a great career. Great fighter to watch over the years. Phone Post 3.0

Agreed Phone Post 3.0

I loved seeing that. Not only that he stopped it, but how quickly he did. As soon as Nate hinted he was done he pulled the plug. Wish more corners would stop fights like that. Phone Post 3.0

Signed. Nate wasn't even reactionary to it. He knew it was the right call and didn't look like he would of made it himself. Phone Post 3.0

Bump for the next day- Give this man some love! Phone Post 3.0

Wish he would have been in Mark Hunt's corner ... Hunto's atoms after a nuclear blast would be shouting in a quantum language "I will not stop!"

Hell yes. Great post, OP.

VU OP. Whittman did the right thing

VU back RuleDog and Wiggam. Phone Post 3.0

Agreed! JDS could have used some friendly coaching intervention in his second fight with Cain.

Sign if only more fighters had a coach like him it made my night seeing what he did . Phone Post 3.0

I absolutely LOVE coach T!

He is one of my favorite people.

I'm going to go train and then hang out with him today hopefully. I will tell him about or show him this thread :-) Phone Post 3.0

Respect. Now that's what a head coach is for. Phone Post 3.0