Trevor Wittman Appreciation Thread

Trevor Wittman has always been a solid dude.

Hats off. Phone Post 3.0

It was the right call, much respect to him and Nate Phone Post 3.0

Agreed. Definitely the right call. I hope other trainers take note. Phone Post 3.0

Trevor used to get a lot of shit around these places but I always loved his attitude and his care for his fighters Phone Post 3.0

Agreed.

Awesome thread.

Awesome thread indeed!

I am at Grudge with T now... He appreciates the warm-encouraging comments. Also, he told me it was really tough to do. He stopped a fight in boxing before during a world championship fight (or contender fight maybe)... That was the last day the fighter ever talked to him, and he got barely any of his percentage he was owed.

Basically, he says when he does the best thing for the fighters health and longevity he risk his relationship with the fighter, his money for his family, etc. But he said he has to do the best thing for the fighter.

People around the cage were yelling at him that he can't stop the fight, only the doctor or ref... He had to clear that up with Dana after the fight in a real heart to heart. Dana supported him fully in that and said the other people didn't know what they were talking about, even though they were passionately telling T he shouldn't and couldn't stop the fight.

Anyways, all this long message to say that Coach T really does care about his fighters. He wants the best for them, and I think everyone saw that.

Also, Nate Marquardt is an AMAZING human being... He donated a big percentage of his last performance bonus to help me drill wells in Congo! He fully paid for TWO water wells HIMSELF!

I love BOTH of these guys! Phone Post 3.0

TheHebrewHammer - Trevor used to get a lot of shit around these places but I always loved his attitude and his care for his fighters Phone Post 3.0

I don't remember this. What were the problems?

justinthevikingwren - Awesome thread indeed!

I am at Grudge with T now... He appreciates the warm-encouraging comments. Also, he told me it was really tough to do. He stopped a fight in boxing before during a world championship fight (or contender fight maybe)... That was the last day the fighter ever talked to him, and he got barely any of his percentage he was owed.

Basically, he says when he does the best thing for the fighters health and longevity he risk his relationship with the fighter, his money for his family, etc. But he said he has to do the best thing for the fighter.

People around the cage were yelling at him that he can't stop the fight, only the doctor or ref... He had to clear that up with Dana after the fight in a real heart to heart. Dana supported him fully in that and said the other people didn't know what they were talking about, even though they were passionately telling T he shouldn't and couldn't stop the fight.

Anyways, all this long message to say that Coach T really does care about his fighters. He wants the best for them, and I think everyone saw that.

Also, Nate Marquardt is an AMAZING human being... He donated a big percentage of his last performance bonus to help me drill wells in Congo! He fully paid for TWO water wells HIMSELF!

Great post!

justinthevikingwren - Awesome thread indeed!

Outstanding!!! Hope you have a blast training with the boys today!!

#WaterWars

Sucks about the fighter not talking to him and stiffing him on his coin, but at least he knows he did what was RIGHT and it's better than having a death looming over him.

If I ever battle RickStorm in our long over due Crab Eating contest, I may need to call him in, I never know when to stop (go into Otter mode n just start chewing threw shell and smashing open things on my belly) ... Your going down Stormy!!!

Otter up Holmes Phone Post 3.0

My heart got hit with a ton of the feels when the mic picked up him and Nate after round 2.

He immediately is saying "look at me, are you okay?" As he stumbled back , doesn't hesitate for a sec after Nate said he didn't have anything left to stop the fight. U can then here him apologize

Make no mistake Trevor would've made more money had Nate won and wanted it as bad as anyone that's why I appreciate the decision so much. That's a great corner man right there. Phone Post 3.0

That was awesome to see. The stoppage, not the hurt Nate. Huge props to Trevor.

wiggum - 
TheHebrewHammer - Trevor used to get a lot of shit around these places but I always loved his attitude and his care for his fighters Phone Post 3.0

I don't remember this. What were the problems?

I think it was his appearance in some TUF season that irked many peeps here.

Maybe the one with Rashad VS Rampage, don't remember

Also, to clarify... It was Nate's body cramping up and basically giving out. Mentally, he was completely fine. Something was up with his body shutting down and quitting on him and that was the biggest issue. Phone Post 3.0

justinthevikingwren - Also, to clarify... It was Nate's body cramping up and basically giving out. Mentally, he was completely fine. Something was up with his body shutting down and quitting on him and that was the biggest issue. Phone Post 3.0
I feel like altitude effected everyone. Almost every guy on the card said something about it.

TTT for T Phone Post 3.0