Trial after trial after...

Well when it rains it pours. After a bit of dry spell, I have managed to get three trials to do literally back to back (maybe a week off in between each one). On Monday a pretty violent first degree Assault case with a defense of justification (doubtful it will work). Next up a retrial of a male on male Rape that was reversed on appeal after a 2003 conviction (different prosecutor) which should last about a month, then a vehicular manslaughter with about 30 witnesses that will last over a month. Then maybe some rest. :) Who am I kidding though, I love it!

-Shaz!

"On Monday a pretty violent first degree Assault case with a defense of justification (doubtful it will work)." So did the motherfucker deserve it or not?

"Next up a retrial of a male on male Rape that was reversed on appeal after a 2003 conviction (different prosecutor) which should last about a month." Hearing about homo rape for one month straight makes it highly probable that you will catch the gay. They would actually have to take me off this case. I couldn't stop laughing.

It does seem to roll that way doesn't it? Good luck with your full plate of shit to deal with.

Nah, he didn't deserve to get sliced up the way he did, the other guy got a little scratch.

The Rape case is a whole other story, if (when) it makes the papers I'll let you guys know.

-Shaz!

Shaz - I've seen a lot of fights over the years. I have never seen somebody get fucked up who in some way didn't deserve it. From a legal point of view, I understand your positition. From a practical point of view, if you talk shit, you get fucked up.

I guess that's why I'm a defense attorney. I simpathize with the criminal.

One week into the Assault trial, going at least as good if not better than I expected. Defense case Monday and then summations Tuesday or Wednesday.

-Shaz!

Summed up this morning, jury's out deliberating, hoping for a verdict tomorrow.

-Shaz!

Let us know.

Football chant: DE-FENSE!! THUMP THUMP DE-FENSE!! THUMP THUMP DE-FENSE!! THUMP THUMP DE-FENSE!! THUMP THUMP DE-FENSE!! THUMP THUMP DE-FENSE!! THUMP THUMP DE-FENSE!! THUMP THUMP DE-FENSE!! THUMP THUMP DE-FENSE!! THUMP THUMP DE-FENSE!! THUMP THUMP DE-FENSE!! THUMP THUMP DE-FENSE!! THUMP THUMP DE-FENSE!! THUMP THUMP DE-FENSE!! THUMP THUMP DE-FENSE!! THUMP THUMP DE-FENSE!! THUMP THUMP DE-FENSE!! THUMP THUMP DE-FENSE!! THUMP THUMP DE-FENSE!! THUMP THUMP DE-FENSE!! THUMP THUMP DE-FENSE!! THUMP THUMP DE-FENSE!! THUMP THUMP

Well after a two week trial and three days of jury deliberations, we got a note at about 5:30 today that they were deadlocked 7-5. The Judge told them to keep deliberating but we decided a plea bargain would be better than a retrial so we worked out a deal. Kind of anti-climactic but it was the right call because there when we spoke with the jury afterwards we realized that they were never going to agree and it definitely would have hung.

On to the next trial starting on Wednesday, ugh.

-Shaz!

All's well that ends well. At the end of the day the plea was probably a fair deal for what he/she did.

I think he deserved a little more time than what he ended up getting but a retrial would have been pretty difficult. A lot of good stuff for us came out that surprised the defense, they would have been ready for it in a second trial.

-Shaz!