Triangle as a guard in itself?

I was pretty sure that the Pit Stop was a High Guard position. Crush Crawfish, are you talking about using the Triangle Control Position (Leg on shoulder, ankles crossed)?

Diamond Guard!

Pay me my money.

Pit stop is just a high guard not one arm in and one arm out (which I usually just call "Head and Arm").

Adam

twinkletoesCT - Crush Crawfish, are you talking about using the Triangle Control Position (Leg on shoulder, ankles crossed)?

Yeah. It looks just like a triangle and is close enough that the other cat has to be careful about not getting finished, only I'm not trying to finish the triangle as much as transition to something else. I'm just being more patient so that if I just have to hang out in a half-squeezed triangle for a while, I can.

Referring to it is a position rather than a submission (like LT does with omoplata) is a good way to look at it.

CC, Roy Harris has an old seminar CD-ROM out there (called the Sweden Seminar CD) that shows a number of drills and attacks from this position. Just FYI if you're studying it. I think you can still find that CD-ROM for sale online...