Triangle Choke from Back Mount (GIF)

a.k.a. The Piggyback Choke. Has anyone done this before in an MMA fight?

Brad Wheeler vs. Ian Entwistle - Cage Warriors 43

Wheeler really surprised me, great fighter for such a bad record.

I think Cole Miller pulled this off a year or two back Phone Post

Yep, Wheeler is solid despite his near .500 record. Take away the nonsense DQ from the first Entwistle fight and he's 7-4

For later. Phone Post

beautiful

ill.

it would be nice if the video was a little longer and we could see the set up (or how he fell into it)

eDraven - it would be nice if the video was a little longer and we could see the set up (or how he fell into it)

With CWFC you're lucky just to get a replay half the time

bj almost submitted hughes with it

Don't ask me how I remembered this thread, but Ryan Thomas pulled one of these off tonight on XFC.

No gif yet unfortunately

NorthSlopePipeNinja -  I think Cole Miller pulled this off a year or two back Phone Post

I thinks cole's was an inverted trianlgle/kimura if I am remembering correctly.

Full fight : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlZVB6XnK38 Phone Post

caposa - Don't ask me how I remembered this thread, but Ryan Thomas pulled one of these off tonight on XFC.

No gif yet unfortunately

We call that position the 'Torture Chamber'

A bunch of ways to get it

Seems like a good move to attempt when you're to high up on a guys back to go for a RNC...obviously you run the risk of sacrificing position and getting reversed, but I'm sure some of the more talented BJJ guys could make it work if they were to consider it.

BUFFGEO - We call that position the 'Torture Chamber'

A bunch of ways to get it

I posted in another thread that called it a "reverse triangle" that the move should have its own distinct name since it is not really a reverse triangle. Torture Chamber sounds cool, if that is what it is. I'd suggested "Floating triangle" or "Top-side triangle." I think I'll be adding this move to my arsenal, so I'd just like to call it by its proper name.

For laterss Phone Post

GriffinQ -  Seems like a good move to attempt when you're to high up on a guys back to go for a RNC...obviously you run the risk of sacrificing position and getting reversed, but I'm sure some of the more talented BJJ guys could make it work if they were to consider it.

Huh? To me it looks exactly like a triangle (obviously with the fighter attempting it at the back of the opponent). 

Are you seeing something I'm not?

Dominated - 
GriffinQ -  Seems like a good move to attempt when you're to high up on a guys back to go for a RNC...obviously you run the risk of sacrificing position and getting reversed, but I'm sure some of the more talented BJJ guys could make it work if they were to consider it.

Huh? To me it looks exactly like a triangle (obviously with the fighter attempting it at the back of the opponent). 

Are you seeing something I'm not?

I don't think I'm seeing something you're not, it IS just a triangle from the back....but when you're that high up on a guys back, more often than not, you're going to get shucked off or reversed. I say that it would need a more talented BJJ guy to pull it off because I'm not sure most guys would have the instincts to retain the position+get the sub.