Triangle Choke from Back Mount (GIF)

Its a great choke to pull from a person escaping an armbar. Been doing that choke since 97.

didnt bj almost catch hughes in one in their second fight?

KungFuDeathGrip - 
Dominated - 
GriffinQ -  Seems like a good move to attempt when you're to high up on a guys back to go for a RNC...obviously you run the risk of sacrificing position and getting reversed, but I'm sure some of the more talented BJJ guys could make it work if they were to consider it.

Huh? To me it looks exactly like a triangle (obviously with the fighter attempting it at the back of the opponent). 

Are you seeing something I'm not?<br type="_moz" />

I think he's talking about the positional risk in throwing a leg over the opponents shoulder before cinching the choke. The opponent could try to slip out from under you.

Yeah, exactly! :]

GriffinQ - 
Dominated - 
GriffinQ -  Seems like a good move to attempt when you're to high up on a guys back to go for a RNC...obviously you run the risk of sacrificing position and getting reversed, but I'm sure some of the more talented BJJ guys could make it work if they were to consider it.

Huh? To me it looks exactly like a triangle (obviously with the fighter attempting it at the back of the opponent). 

Are you seeing something I'm not?

I don't think I'm seeing something you're not, it IS just a triangle from the back....but when you're that high up on a guys back, more often than not, you're going to get shucked off or reversed. I say that it would need a more talented BJJ guy to pull it off because I'm not sure most guys would have the instincts to retain the position+get the sub.

My bad! Quoted the wrong post, lol

I was supposed to quote Gregg Roach's post just below yours: 

"I posted in another thread that called it a "reverse triangle" that the move should have its own distinct name since it is not really a reverse triangle. Torture Chamber sounds cool, if that is what it is. I'd suggested "Floating triangle" or "Top-side triangle." I think I'll be adding this move to my arsenal, so I'd just like to call it by its proper name."

Dominated - 
GriffinQ - 
Dominated - 

Are you seeing something I'm not?<br type="_moz" />
I don't think I'm seeing something you're not, it IS just a triangle from the back....but when you're that high up on a guys back, more often than not, you're going to get shucked off or reversed. I say that it would need a more talented BJJ guy to pull it off because I'm not sure most guys would have the instincts to retain the position+get the sub.

My bad! Quoted the wrong post, lol

I was supposed to quote Gregg Roach's post just below yours: 

"<span class="Apple-style-span" style="line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-size: small; ">I posted in another thread that called it a "reverse triangle" that the move should have its own distinct name <b>since it is not really a reverse triangle</b>. Torture Chamber sounds cool, if that is what it is. I'd suggested "Floating triangle" or "Top-side triangle." I think I'll be adding this move to my arsenal, so I'd just like to call it by its proper name."</span>
<br type="_moz" />

I didn't see this for a while, but I'm sure I would've surmised you were talking to me if I had. Sorry for the confusion. Yeah, it is a triangle, but it's not the "reverse triangle" as seen in the Imada-Masvidal fight (for example). That's why I was thinking there should be a distinct name for this type of triangle- and it seems there is.