Tribute to Mestre Jacare thread

Pay homage to his awesomeness.

Preferably on your knees. Or on all fours.

SS

Hah. How's that purple belt treating you SS? Have you competed since the promotion? Phone Post

i received my blue belt from jacare in 1997 at a seminar. he had great stories about rolls and leka veira. he even told the story about how he got his nickname. the story he told was that he wore Lacoste shirts all the time and because of that, his friends started calling him jacare.

So much respect for him. Recently had a seminar with him and not only did he teach some really awesome techniques but his views on Jiu Jitsu and life are awesome Phone Post

If you're fan of Jacare then check out our interview with him.

http://www.openmatradio.com/2012/06/25/episode-27-romero-jacare-cavalcanti/

Jacare has been a huge inspiration to me and my jiujitsu continues to improve thanks to My master's endless knowledge and love for the sport. Phone Post

Alliance-Tallahassee repping! Jacare is on another level. His intelligence and ability to instruct (something not everyone who is a good player can do) is second to none. Ever trained with Felipe 'Zicro' Neto SS? Phone Post

he is a staple in the U.S. bjj scene.

brixx139 - 

Alliance-Tallahassee repping! Jacare is on another level. His intelligence and ability to instruct (something not everyone who is a good player can do) is second to none. Ever trained with Felipe 'Zicro' Neto SS? Phone Post

I train with a guy who started out at Alliance-Tallahassee and then transferred to my gym when he moved to the Jacksonville area. He's definitely one of our most technically sound players and I'm sure Jacare/Neto had a huge influence on his game.