Tried to watch all Star Wars dvds

Although in their defense:

The 3 prequels pump out some of the best surround sound scenes I have ever heard on my surround sound at home.

ewan did an fine job as a young obi-wan... but that didn't help the shitty actor for young anakin, the shitty actress for padme, and that particularly annoying CGI character.

but that didn't help the shitty actor for young anakin, the shitty actress for padme

Portman and Christensen are fine actors, imo. I would say the blame lay elsewhere......

"1. Midichlorians (don't explain, we don't need to know how the force
works, or where immortals/highlanders come from)"

That is one of the biggest problems and it extends beyond just the
midichlorians. Like I mentioned earlier it also applies to Vader's bad-
assedness not to mention the way the Jedi's were killed, Boba Fett
being a clones, etc.

by young anakin i meant the 10 year old not christiansen. 95% of portman's lines in episode 1 were delivered with the liveliness of a rock.

95% of portman's lines in episode 1 were delivered with the liveliness of a rock.

When an award winning actress delivers lines "with the liveliness of a rock" my guess is that's what was wanted by the-powers-that-be. Granted, that's just my guess.....

Basically the only decent acting in the prequels came from Liam Neeson and Ewan MacGregor. They have to get props for apparently defying Lucas's desire for shit delivery and actually investing some life into their parts.

"They did a horrible job of illustrating Anakins turn to the darkside. He has a bad dream, and he's ready to hack up little kids with a light sabre. WTF?"

Yep. They had three movies to set up this turn, but instead it's good, good, good, good, EVIL!

He stops Mace from killing Palpatine because his honor/goodness won't let him allow something so unjust as to execute a man without a trial. Then, seconds later, "Oh well, that ended badly, I might as well become Palpatine's slave and start by chopping up some toddlers without so much as a protest."

I like Episode 3