Trilogies

What would be a good reason for one if one fighter won both of the previous fights? Phone Post

No one? Lol what about a split decision and a stoppage due to cut, between rounds? Curious what the majority think. Phone Post

There are plenty of reasons:
Controversial stoppage (Shamrock against Ortiz)
A rivalry that they think people will never tire of (what Ortiz/Liddell would have been)

I'm sure there are others. I am just entirely too lazy to think anymore. Phone Post

Page vs Wandy is my case Phone Post

2 BS decisions, TKO cut stoppages by a fighter behind on the scorecards, a "fluke" win followed by a close or bogus decision, terrible stoppages in close fights, or enough time has passed and the winner is on a down slide with the loser on a tear.

My 2¢ Phone Post

And to clarify, I think Wandys 2 victories still stand out more than Pages win due to Rampage havin his eyes closed swingin compared to Wandy precise knees. Not tryin to bash, just my opionion.

But to the thread, theres not much case, but Cowboy vs Bendo 3 has had talks amongust fans based on many beliving Cowboy won the first fight. Phone Post

If it wasn't pure butt rape there's always an argument the other can win Phone Post

If there was some kind of undisclosed, but legit injury that prevented the losing fighter from performing to his/her normal standards. Phone Post

If it was an entertaining fight both times. I'd happily watch the same guys slug it out providing its entertaining each time.

SMACDADDY - I think you answered your own question (correctly) with your 2nd post. Split decisions always play towards rematches. IMO, so "can" doctor stoppages. If the doc stops it, it's legit of course, but, although it's part of the game, it's a bit of "win by technicality". Still a win, but not as decisive as ko, sub, tko (mercy by the ref), or even a dominating decision win for that matter. Now if a dude is getting trashed and PLUS gets cut, maybe not.

I think the biggest difficulty would lie in convincing the guy that won both to give the other guy a third chance to blemish his record.
Were you at the fights March 2 in Valdosta? Phone Post

Stephen Eakin -  What would be a good reason for one if one fighter won both of the previous fights? Phone Post
I'd like to see Big Nog/Mir III. In that case you had Nog sick as shit in the first fight and winning the 2nd and made a bad mistake.

I think he wins the third.

Stephen Eakin - Were you at the fights March 2 in Valdosta? Phone Post

Almost. Didn't make it over, but I heard about it.

I take it this is because of your 2 losses to the same guy? Phone Post

Ok based on what I saw of the 1st round on FB and not seeing the previous fight I wouldn't think a trilogy is in order, the first fight went to a split decision favoring him and I would say you lost the first round of the 2nd fight. Had you come out an dominated and happened to get a cut that stopped the fight that would be a different story but that's not what a saw.

Please don't take this as disrespectful I'm just giving an unbiased opinion. Keep up the hard work =) Phone Post

var so = new SWFObject("http://www.youtube.com/v/wuh5kj9q0co?version=3&hl=en_US", "postVideo-38566926-Flash", "425", "355", "9.0.28", "##000"); so.addParam("allowScriptAccess", "samedomain"); so.addParam("allowNetworking", "internal"); so.addParam("wmode", "transparent"); so.write("postVideo-38566926");  First fight. I took it and shouldnt have wasnt quite "ready" that night. No excuses at all. I think this was the worst fight of my career. I dont like decisions and have never been a winner in one.

var so = new SWFObject("http://www.youtube.com/v/lsuvkknAMMY?version=3&hl=en_US", "postVideo-38566956-Flash", "425", "355", "9.0.28", "##000"); so.addParam("allowScriptAccess", "samedomain"); so.addParam("allowNetworking", "internal"); so.addParam("wmode", "transparent"); so.write("postVideo-38566956");  2nd and most recent fight. It was a good fight for the most part, and getting better. He cut me above my right eye pretty deep, and the ref gave me not option to continue. Fighter saftey is always number 1. Not happy it was stopped, but I am glad I can see out of my eye today.

RowdyYates -  Ok based on what I saw of the 1st round on FB and not seeing the previous fight I wouldn't think a trilogy is in order, the first fight went to a split decision favoring him and I would say you lost the first round of the 2nd fight. Had you come out an dominated and happened to get a cut that stopped the fight that would be a different story but that's not what a saw.

Please don't take this as disrespectful I'm just giving an unbiased opinion. Keep up the hard work =) Phone Post

None taken. I have been told by lots of people they gave me the round. I believe a lot of them are being genuine, I think some are being friendly as well. Kevin was cool before and after the fight. No hard feeling between us. The reason I started this thread was to see what unbiased people would say.

Ortiz vs Shamrock Phone Post

Hughes v Hallman Phone Post