TRT approved fighters are currently 12-10

"Until then, at least we can take solace in the fact that TRT is no miracle. Those seven approved fighters have a combined record of 12-10 while on the treatment."

An interesting look into the state of TRT in MMA by MMAfighting.

http://www.mmafighting.com/ufc/2012/6/5/3065811/trt-rolls-gain-frank-mir-lose-nate-marquardt-and-confuse-us-even

CRE - Only uninformed geeks completely void of natural athleticism would ever consider a medical treatment for a disorder as performance enhancing.

If you have a headache you take an aspirin or tylenol, if you have low testosterone you take testosterone, it doesn't make you Superman in the eyes of anyone except for the life inexperienced.
Unless, ya know, you're just using trt to mask whatever you're actually taking that does make you a pretty superhuman bad ass. Phone Post

CRE - Only uninformed geeks completely void of natural athleticism would ever consider a medical treatment for a disorder as performance enhancing.

If you have a headache you take an aspirin or tylenol, if you have low testosterone you take testosterone, it doesn't make you Superman in the eyes of anyone except for the life inexperienced.

I think the point of the article was that specific situations have led many to believe the reasons for going on TRT, and coming OFF TRT are suspect, at the very least.

Shane Roller felt no different, for example.

This stat doesn't mean much if you take into account what is said about rampant illegal steroid use. How many of their losses were to people using illegal steroids and avoiding the tests through cycling or some crazy expensive coctail.

TRT gets people to normals levels. Why would you expect them to perform above average with medically-certified normal levels of testosterone?

circa305 - Shane Roller did not do it right either. I could not even tell he was on them.

If your doing it right you should see a noticeable difference in physical appearance. Like with Sonnen, Hendo and Randy.

What's different about Hendo's physique? Randy was always sculpted from stone.

Attila - TRT gets people to normals levels. Why would you expect them to perform above average with medically-certified normal levels of testosterone?

Normal levels at FIGHT time.

What about during training for the actual fight?

someone challenge CRE to a fight please so he dick tucks out of the thread.

slamming - 
Attila - TRT gets people to normals levels. Why would you expect them to perform above average with medically-certified normal levels of testosterone?

In that case, it's not TRT, it's Testosterone abuse and another reason they need to have year long random testing conducted with very clear rules.  This will ensure that honest TRT users aren't punished.

slamming - 

I'm pretty sure the doctor prescribing the TRT must test testosterone levels every X weeks to ensure it's within normal levels. I don't know what X is, but there should be no potential for abuse unless if done properly. Of course anyone can do it to get beyond normal levels, just as anyone can roid themselves into oblivion, but that's not TRT.

I don't think TRT masks any other substance.Another steroid would show up in the test if someone was taking them.Guys on TRT seem to be taking a low dose to where their levels aren't that high it is the T/E ratio that is high.

A guy I grew up with was a bodybuilder for years and on tons of stuff.He has been off for years and went on TRT.I asked him if he was scared about side effects..he said he was taking at least 10 times the amount of test a week in addition to up to a half a dozen other drugs. Says the dose he takes weekly is minimal.

Seems like there is a legit medical situaton for TRT but I am sure some guys have low levels due to prior abuse.The stuff is being advertised all over tv these days and they aren't targeting athletes,just normal Joe's who have low levels due to crappy diet,genetics,or whatever.

UGCTT_David_MMAmet -
CRE - Only uninformed geeks completely void of natural athleticism would ever consider a medical treatment for a disorder as performance enhancing.

Unless, ya know, you're just using trt to mask whatever you're actually taking that does make you a pretty superhuman bad ass. Phone Post
Doesn't make sense they take hGh too keep getting popped Phone Post

CRE - Let me mark this thread like a dog marks their territory

Damn... that is nice my friend. 

real ped users do not apply for exemptions...

trt

IF YA AINT CHEATIN YA AINT TRYIN