TRT: Just Started. Any Advice?

I just started with TRT two weeks ago.  I get two injections, once per week.  I don't feel much as of yet.  I am waking up with more erections but I'm not sure if that is a byproduct of the stuff.  I mainly got on because of how lethargic I am throughout the day  and my lack of sex drive.  It's also been significantly harder putting on muscle.  It's replaced by fat so quickly over the last few years.

How long before I start feeling a difference in lethargy, sex drive and strength? 

Probably a couple of weeks up to a month. There are lots of threads here with really good advice. How much are you taking?

Two weeks you'll feel it, it'll start by strong morning wood. 

doyouevenufc -

Probably a couple of weeks up to a month. There are lots of threads here with really good advice. How much are you taking?

1 cc a week but I don't know the dosage total. My testosterone level was at 700. I was high end on the estrogen level though so I'm taking a blocker

no idea why my estrogen was so high. My doc asked if I drink a lot of soy. Basically called me soyboy lol

any other things I should look out for?

Excuse me! That's soy"person".

*snaps*

You'll start getting pubes in a few weeks, which will probably be uncomfortable at first. Once they grow out a bit they'll be less itchy.

It's the limitless drug, soon you're gonna be on top of the world. No more than a month from start date.

"I get two injections, once per week."

So one injection is your Test, and the other is… HCG???

After reading as much as I can find, I've split my shots into two and using a 28-29 awg needle.  There is evidence that a subcutaneous injection is more effective than a intramuscular shot and twice per week can keep your test levels more consistent. I rotate injection sites, back right glute, left glute, left side of navel then right.  Repeat.  

Plus I hate injecting my thighs.  I don't do well mentally with a bigger needle deeper in my thigh.  

700 seems high for a test rx. I mean thats a legit healthy number. Are you drinking a lot and eating like shit? Lifting?

theBEAToff - "I get two injections, once per week."

So one injection is your Test, and the other is… HCG???

Yes! Both at the same time. The HcG is supposed to keep your balls from shrinking. I’m not sure what else it does. Obviously you know your stuff. Any insight on time it takes to feel the effects of test?

doyouevenufc -

700 seems high for a test rx. I mean thats a legit healthy number. Are you drinking a lot and eating like shit? Lifting?

I am. I lift 4X each week. Although my free test is high, I'm also high in another element that's blocking the free test from being used. My estrogen is also high.  

MrChainBlueLightning -

After reading as much as I can find, I've split my shots into two and using a 28-29 awg needle.  There is evidence that a subcutaneous injection is more effective than a intramuscular shot and twice per week can keep your test levels more consistent. I rotate injection sites, back right glute, left glute, left side of navel then right.  Repeat.  

Plus I hate injecting my thighs.  I don't do well mentally with a bigger needle deeper in my thigh.  

Why is it better to keep your test levels consistent throughout a week as opposed to a peak and die down?  The doctor also told me to take shots 3 times throughout the week but it's too much. I'd rather do once a week. Is there a benefit to consistent levels ?

Whatever the recommended dosage is just double it

Dead President -

Whatever the recommended dosage is just double it

I'm a soyboy not a real man 

The Maestro - 
doyouevenufc -

I am. I lift 4X each week. Although my free test is high, I'm also high in another element that's blocking the free test from being used. My estrogen is also high.  

How old are you? 

Free test being at 700 does seem high enough that most legit endo's wouldn't put you on TRT. 

What's the "other element" blocking the free test? 

If it's simply a matter of high E/E2 levels wouldn't it make sense to just take an estrogen blocker rather than go on TRT?

I can't imagine most endo's putting you on a endless lifetime routine shutting down your natural production when test is at that level. Most guys who go on it have some health issue/age that has their test numbers between 200-400 or lower.

Best advice I can give you, ignore 99% of advice given on the OG. 

With that said, drop the aromatase inhibitor. Doctors love to throw this shit at people whenever their e2 gets a little high, despite the fact that they aren't having any side effects. Estradiol is not the enemy and provides much of the benefit of TRT. Tanking it with an unnecessary AI will make you feel worse than before TRT. 

Secondly, more is not better. Everyone wants to run 200mg+ weekly when they have no idea how it's going to effect them. Start low and work your way up. This will minimize side effects and allow you to dial in your treatment much easier. Immediately going to 200+ mg of test a week and you may actually need an Aromatase inhibitor to control your e2, but instead of adding another drug, and a potentially harmful one at that, you can just drop the dose. 

Third, more frequent injections will keep blood levels more stable and minimize side effects. 

Increased risk of colon cancer, heart attack, stroke, etc is complete bullshit. 

Good luck. 

^all that shit sounds dangerous, jesus

ptper - You'll start getting pubes in a few weeks, which will probably be uncomfortable at first. Once they grow out a bit they'll be less itchy.

LOL

The Maestro - 
doyouevenufc -

Have you gotten used to saying, “My estrogen is also high.”, or do you still feel like a Nancy every time?

1 Like