TRT Questions

I'm 33 years old, I have a few symptoms of low test, I am always tired and unmotivated throughout the day when I used to be awake and ready to take on the world. it doesn't matter how much sleep I get, I'm still tired. I used to LOVE going to the gym and now I have to force myself to go. I've also been gaining weight and STRUGGLING to lose weight. My sex rive is much lower than it used to be, I don't have ED but erections are less rigid. I had a ton of bloodwork lately for infertility and my results for Total Testosterone came back 258.7 ng/dl (reference range is 249 ng/dl - 836 ng/dl) and my Testos came back 307 ng/dl (reference range is 300-1080). So I am at the very bottom of the "Normal" range. Would these levels and symptoms need TRT? I also came back as completely infertile.... 0.0 sperm produced... I just want to be back to the OGer that I once was. Not this slow, tired, lazy, fat and flacid that I am now...

Yes, that is certainly low enough to be the cause of many of the symptoms you listed. 

There could be other factors at play too (sleep apnea, depression, etc.) that may also be contributors, but your test levels are definitely low enough to consider TRT. 

xchrisbx24 -

I'm 33 years old, I have a few symptoms of low test, I am always tired and unmotivated throughout the day when I used to be awake and ready to take on the world. it doesn't matter how much sleep I get, I'm still tired. I used to LOVE going to the gym and now I have to force myself to go. I've also been gaining weight and STRUGGLING to lose weight. My sex rive is much lower than it used to be, I don't have ED but erections are less rigid. I had a ton of bloodwork lately for infertility and my results for Total Testosterone came back 258.7 ng/dl (reference range is 249 ng/dl - 836 ng/dl) and my Testos came back 307 ng/dl (reference range is 300-1080). So I am at the very bottom of the "Normal" range. Would these levels and symptoms need TRT? I also came back as completely infertile.... 0.0 sperm produced... I just want to be back to the OGer that I once was. Not this slow, tired, lazy, fat and flacid that I am now...

The dark side welcomes you

I'd be more concerned about the infertility... For someone more in the know, can't that be remedied with a hcg/hmg protocol???

theBEAToff - I'd be more concerned about the infertility... For someone more in the know, can't that be remedied with a hcg/hmg protocol???

The infertilty is basically the starting point for all of these test. I've had quite a few other tests and the only thing left to do was surgery to hopefully retrieve sperm but it seemed unlikely that I was even producing any. So my wife and I decided to just use a donor. Now I've moved on to the next issue on my list and that was my low T. The Dr didn't want to put me on TRT at first because he didn't want to risk my gonads shutting down sperm production completely in the off chance that they might still be producing. But now that my wife and I decided to go in a different direction I wanted to persue a remedy for the low T. I actually have an appointment today but I wanted to get some OG advise before my appointment. 

xchrisbx24 -
theBEAToff - I'd be more concerned about the infertility... For someone more in the know, can't that be remedied with a hcg/hmg protocol???

The infertilty is basically the starting point for all of these test. I've had quite a few other tests and the only thing left to do was surgery to hopefully retrieve sperm but it seemed unlikely that I was even producing any. So my wife and I decided to just use a donor. Now I've moved on to the next issue on my list and that was my low T. The Dr didn't want to put me on TRT at first because he didn't want to risk my gonads shutting down sperm production completely in the off chance that they might still be producing. But now that my wife and I decided to go in a different direction I wanted to persue a remedy for the low T. I actually have an appointment today but I wanted to get some OG advise before my appointment. 

I can be the donor if you want. I must warn you I had a vasectomy so I may need a few tries 

xchrisbx24 - 

Did your Dr. even discuss using hcg/hmg before recommending the surgery? Granted I don't know shit, but even Bostin Loyd knocked his chick up while on cycle.

Anyone know why this wouldn't work for OP? I think it's just the Dave Palumbo protocol X2 cause that's what Bostin does...

theBEAToff -
xchrisbx24 - 

Did your Dr. even discuss using hcg/hmg before recommending the surgery? Granted I don't know shit, but even Bostin Loyd knocked his chick up while on cycle.

Honestly I'm not sure what hcg/hmg is. We went to three different Dr's and I'm not sure it ever came up. it was mostly just a whole bunch of tests and and one Dr wanted to do a biopsy and two others wanted to do aspiration (attempting to withdraw sperm from the genitals with a needle). Obviously the biopsy is much more intrusive. Then the other two Dr's said the next step if the aspiration doesn't work would be to move on to the biopsy. Then if the biopsy was unsuccessful, then we were just out of luck and donors or adoption would be our only option. We decided to skip the biopsy and aspiration because they say the odds of success were very low for us and we're already a few thousand dollars into this... I'll watch your video when I get a chance, I can't now because I'm at work.

Yeah, I don't know if any of this applies to your situation, doesn't hurt to ask questions...

theBEAToff -

Yeah, I don't know if any of this applies to your situation, doesn't hurt to ask questions...

Well, the Dr mentioned that I couldn’t raise my count with any treatments because I’m either not producing at all, or there’s a blockage preventing the sperm from actually finding their way out. So possibly that’s why they never mentioned those treatments. 

Damn, shitty situation... Best of luck to you.
Personally, I'd get the particulars from the Doc and possibly send that info off to Palumbo and see what he thinks before I went the donor route... and fuck yeah, get on TRT.

theBEAToff - Damn, shitty situation... Best of luck to you.
Personally, I'd get the particulars from the Doc and possibly send that info off to Palumbo and see what he thinks before I went the donor route... and fuck yeah, get on TRT.

I'm gonna keep digging, my wife has been obsessed with ahving a kid so I'll turn her loose on the ifo you've given me. Thanks alot my friend!

If yoy can't find a quality local dr, i get my test from  Defy medical,  based out of Tampa FL. They do telemed visits, so no matter where you are,  they'll take care of you. 

They're amazing. 

Does anyone have any feedback on their experience before and after starting TRT?

xchrisbx24 -

Does anyone have any feedback on their experience before and after starting TRT?

I felt pretty good before (my testosterone was sub-optimal, but it was nowhere near as low as yours). Now, I feel great. The only issue I have is sometimes you can feel too horny. I take 250 mg testosterone per week, which is at the max end of non-Vitor TRT. 

xchrisbx24 -

I went a few years in my early - to - mid - 30's  where I had some serious issues shedding bodyfat and gaining new muscle mass. My diet and training were on point, but I was fighting a losing battle it felt like. Got my levels tested and my T and E2 were completely out of whack. First thing my Dr. had me do was a sleep study. Getting on a cpap helped a lot, but I still needed TRT. Now I take a shot Testosterone Cypionate every 7 days (200mg/ ml) and Aromisin EOD. Night and day difference. Better mood, energy, fat loss, muscle size & maintenance and increased sex drive with almost zero side effects. I give blood 1 - 2 times a month to keep my Hematocrit in check so my Dr. won't be tempted to lower my dose. I'll be 39 this year and I've been on this protocol for almost three years. It's one of the best things I've ever done. Don't discount the fact that you might be getting shitty sleep though. I'd reccomend a sleep study for sure. I feel so much better every morning now that I'm getting enough oxygen while I sleep. I could tell you a bunch of other brosciencey stuff, but the positive results I've gotten from my testosterone/ aromatase inhibitor/ CPAP combination aren't just anecdotal. I get my blood work done every 3 - 6 months and the proof is in the pudding. I'm fortunate that I have a doctor who listens to me but also knows quite a bit about this field. Hopefully, if you decide to explore this, you can find a good doctor.

Pau1l -
xchrisbx24 -

I felt pretty good before (my testosterone was sub-optimal, but it was nowhere near as low as yours). Now, I feel great. The only issue I have is sometimes you can feel too horny. I take 250 mg testosterone per week, which is at the max end of non-Vitor TRT. 

Are you prescribed to 250 or do you bump the dose up a little bit on your own?

GoffRAMSmahome'sgutsOUT -
Pau1l -
xchrisbx24 -

Are you prescribed to 250 or do you bump the dose up a little bit on your own?

I know that there are doctors willing to give you up to 600 mg from some of these clinics that cater to bodybuilders or athletes. That's a small cycle though. I get presribed 250 mg, but unless you go to one of these clinics or telemedicine clinics that are known to give higher than 200 mg, it's unlikely you will find one. Just know that "90%" of doctors who provide TRT services have no clue what they're doing. Every other week injections are terrible. Don't do it. It needs to be weekly. For strictly TRT, I would do 125 mg to 200 mg per week and ideally split up into 2 injections, but 1 is fine for most people. 200 mg puts most people at their peak levels slightly to moderately over the top end of the "normal range." You don't get steroid cycle level gains until you are pushing at least 500 mg a week. I would not advise doing anything over 300-350 mg max though and even that is definitely supraphysiological. 

GoffRAMSmahome'sgutsOUT -
xchrisbx24 -

I went a few years in my early - to - mid - 30's  where I had some serious issues shedding bodyfat and gaining new muscle mass. My diet and training were on point, but I was fighting a losing battle it felt like. Got my levels tested and my T and E2 were completely out of whack. First thing my Dr. had me do was a sleep study. Getting on a cpap helped a lot, but I still needed TRT. Now I take a shot Testosterone Cypionate every 7 days (200mg/ ml) and Aromisin EOD. Night and day difference. Better mood, energy, fat loss, muscle size & maintenance and increased sex drive with almost zero side effects. I give blood 1 - 2 times a month to keep my Hematocrit in check so my Dr. won't be tempted to lower my dose. I'll be 39 this year and I've been on this protocol for almost three years. It's one of the best things I've ever done. Don't discount the fact that you might be getting shitty sleep though. I'd reccomend a sleep study for sure. I feel so much better every morning now that I'm getting enough oxygen while I sleep. I could tell you a bunch of other brosciencey stuff, but the positive results I've gotten from my testosterone/ aromatase inhibitor/ CPAP combination aren't just anecdotal. I get my blood work done every 3 - 6 months and the proof is in the pudding. I'm fortunate that I have a doctor who listens to me but also knows quite a bit about this field. Hopefully, if you decide to explore this, you can find a good doctor.

I am picking up my prescription for TRT this evening and I'm doing my first injection on Monday. I spoke to my Dr yesterday and I believe he said I do 2 injections a week for the first 4 weeks. Then one injection every 10 days, he said I should inject in my thigh or top quadrant of my butt. I'm not sure of what the amount of Test is that he wants me to inject just yet, I'll know more this evening. He did also mention a sleep study but to be honest I kind of glossed over it because I had a list of questions in my head that I wanted to ask and I wasn't prepared to ask about a sleep study. But when I go in on Monday to get my injection, I'll ask him more about the sleep study. I probably need one done since I'm over weight. My dad sleeps with a CPAP and it just looks so uncomfortable, I don't know if I'll be able to sleep wearing a fighter pilot mask. lol. Hopefully the combination of the two help me shed the fat that I've put on since I quit fighting.