True or false: Girls on dating websites are always

Broken and should only be used for fun/sexy time.

It seems to be true but I'd like to be proven wrong. What's the OG's consensus on this? Phone Post 3.0

Somewhat true, but online dating also seems to be progressing toward the norm. Last girl I approached in person told me while hanging out that she was on Match.com.

false

ranier wolfcastle -

false

Care to explain yourself? Phone Post 3.0

krislovestheseacocks - Somewhat true, but online dating also seems to be progressing toward the norm. Last girl I approached in person told me while hanging out that she was on Match.com.

I tried an EHarmony back in the day. My best guy friend Bryan (really decent guy) was always meeting/dating chicks from there but none that ever stuck.

i always got matched with people I had no interest in

Eharmony all the way.  You get what you pay for.

Unseen -

Interesting. I've only used POF and Ok Cupid and I have had quite a bit of success hooking up with decent looking girls who were DTF but they were always bat shit crazy. Not necessarily a bad thing in the short term of course, but I wouldn't mind finding a girl that wasn't completely crazy for once. Phone Post 3.0

Elevate Phone Post 3.0

Found one on pof that was awesome..... Until she had a problem with Mary Jane. Phone Post 3.0

Two friends of mine, met on match.com and they just went to ireland and he proposed. Soo basically it all depends on what your looking for sir Phone Post

Unseen - 

You can't be serious... eHarmony has nothing on OKCupid except that eHarmony pays for lots of television Ads.

The OKCupid matching was 10000x beyond anything when I first joined in... 2007...

Has eHarmony done something significant since?

I met my wife on match.com but I met a lot of crazies before her. Phone Post 3.0

Unseen - 

Two of the my friends met girls on eHarmony and are now married to them. I personally don't like the online dating thing, call me old-school, or just old, but it takes the charm out of the whole thing IMO.

False, my last gf is one of the best women I've ever met, and we met online dating. Everyone from my friends and family absolutely loved her, and she was beautiful as well.

I met a girl recently that was amazing, unfortunately it didn't work out but she was great.

Met my current girlfriend on POF and it's the best relationship I've ever head. She is way outta my league, super chill, successful...it can indeed work Phone Post 3.0

Granpa - 
Unseen - 

Two of the my friends met girls on eHarmony and are now married to them. I personally don't like the online dating thing, call me old-school, or just old, but it takes the charm out of the whole thing IMO.

yea yea, gramps..

jk, i definately see it that way too

Hmmmm you guys are making me rethink my position on this subject. Thanks! Phone Post 3.0

i find i do better in the real world than online

Online = same shit you deal with in the real world. I assumed picking from a gene pool of women who put up profiles and want to date would be better than meeting by chance , but im not so sure thats true from experiences. Women be women and dating is dating.

False.

I met my GF on OkCupid and we've been together more than 2 years.

Windfall - 
Unseen - 

You can't be serious... eHarmony has nothing on OKCupid except that eHarmony pays for lots of television Ads.

The OKCupid matching was 10000x beyond anything when I first joined in... 2007...

Has eHarmony done something significant since?

I don't know a lot about OKCupid but I've done Match, POF, Singlesnet and even Yahoo Personals back in the day.  I'm 42 now and with a great girl I met on EH

Here's how I break it down:

• POF = (AKA plenty of single moms).  Some decet looking girls but were probably abused as kids or have some DV in their past.  Good for short term banging but nothing more.

• Singlesnet = Cougars, and busted chicks but lotsof sluts.  This site is one step above a sex personals site.

• Match.com.  Basically a POF for people who actually make over 40k a year.  The problem with Match is that there are so many people that a chick who is a 6 can get 100 emails a week.  Most chicks have to ignore most of their emails and will never respond to a "wink".  You have to have some good net game to do well on Match.  It's the large crowded nightclub of the interwebs. (They purchased Yahoo personal some years back).

• EHarmony = A night club with a high cover charge which means most dudes just looking to bang are not going to pay for that shit.  The women are looking for actual relationships and if you don't do the direct email thng and take the EH steps you probably won't even talk to the chick live for about a week and by then shes invested in you.  So not only are you competing with way less dudes, EH takes out the awkward "well now what" that happens after your first couple of emails on other sites.  They supply a roadmap that takes the pressure off of you and puts it on the system.  All their advanced matching stuff is BS but what they figured out is that people value things they spend time on.  And you can still talk to ten girls at once by the way.