Trump admin considers “Return to Work Bonus”

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trump-adviser-kudlow-says-administration-is-looking-very-carefully-at-a-return-to-work-bonus-2020-05-26

Trump adviser Kudlow says administration is looking ‘very carefully’ at a ‘return-to-work bonus’

Trump administration signals interest in Republican Sen. Rob Portman’s proposal of providing $450 a week for individuals returning to work

The line above came Tuesday from top White House economist Larry Kudlow, as he talked with Fox Newsabout the Trump administration’s interest in Sen. Rob Portman’s proposal of providing $450 a week for individuals returning to work.

“Sen. Portman has a good idea. He understands incentives and disincentives,” Kudlow said, adding that the CARES Act’s $600 supplemental unemployment benefit may have been needed initially, but it’s now a “major disincentive to go back to work.”

Wow! I just wish I had my same job to go back to.

2 Likes

So, first I get fucked by not getting paid to stay home and watch tv, now I’ll get fucked by not getting a bonus because I can’t return to something I never left? How does this make any sense?

9 Likes

wtf?

How about they just stop the unemployment bonus and everyone get their asses back to work?

an *incentive* to go back to work?   What twilight zone did I step into where Trump ends up to the left of AOC and Rashida Thlaib?

3 Likes

450 a week for how long?

Fuck that shit. 

No more free money. 

4 Likes

Lol trump playing 4d chess .... he’s “considering it” ...does not mean he will do it ...elections coming later this year 

2 Likes

I’ll take it; may as well before the Democrats go full retard and give it to illegals. The wife’s small business tanked because of the virus and we didn’t managed to get those SBA grants.

What about my “worked the entire time” check?

I’m gonna need at least $800 per week Don Don...sign it motherfucker!

3 Likes

What if you are still working, do you get a $450 weekly bump?

While my job is remote and still intact, my home gym that I’ve trained, fought and lived out of the last 15 yrs has closed its doors. It’s hard to even take its measure. Meanwhile, it’s cool for scores of ppl to congregate outside of Walmart in lines. Incompetent beaurocrats, the lot of them. 

Positive Energy -

What about my “worked the entire time” check?

I’m gonna need at least $800 per week Don Don...sign it motherfucker!

Fucking this. 

Black Doug - 

Fuck that shit. 

No more free money. 

this

Someone in the Trump administration became very concerned after reading the Passive Jay unemployment thread.  

Pugilist82 -

So, first I get fucked by not getting paid to stay home and watch tv, now I’ll get fucked by not getting a bonus because I can’t return to something I never left? How does this make any sense?

Fucking this. I LOST 2G a month during this.

boxing wiz -

Wow! I just wish I had my same job to go back to.

Damn you, TRUMP!!!!

I wouldn’t mind another $1200 bonus. That was nice. But this idea is stupid. 

1 Like

we live in clown world

Stop giving away money. Wtf. 

Pugilist82 -

I'm right there too.