Trump believes he would've run into school

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/375597-trump-i-would-have-run-into-school-during-shooting-even-without-a-gun

President Trump on Monday claimed he would have run into a Florida high school to prevent a gunman from carrying out this month's mass shooting.

"You don't know until you test it, but I really believe I'd run in there even if I didn't have a weapon,” Trump told a gathering of governors at the White House. "And I think most of the people in this room would have done that, too."

The president was doubling down on his criticism of an armed sheriff’s deputy who did not confront the shooter at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, where 17 people were killed earlier this month.

"They weren’t exactly Medal of Honor winners, alright?" Trump said. "The way they performed was frankly disgusting.”

Trump also told the governors he ate lunch last weekend with leaders of the National Rifle Association (NRA).

"Don't worry about the NRA,” Trump told the governors. ”They're on our side.” 

Nah, I bet those bone spurs would have kept him from running in. 

He's telling the truth. He really does believe that.

lol suuuure, Donald. You totally would have, you badass, you. 

I'm positive that he 100% believes he would have.

I'm sure that sheriff's deputy also believed he would do the same if the time ever came.

I honestly would but I don't care if I live or die.

notsobigmike - 

Even if you believe him, LOL at a room full of governors running into that school.

They would have been in the next zip code before the casings hit the ground.

Most of them would be phoning their lawyers or PR people as they ran away trying to cook up some sort of cover story.

Get A Grip Dude -
trobinson21 - 

Most adult men would have also.

Male liberals are basically women so they think every man who would sacrifice themselves to save kids is a fake John McLain.

No, thats actually how men should carry themselves.

So it was just a monumental stroke of bad luck that all of the trained, armed deputies on the scene were in the minority of adult men who wouldn't? Jeez what are the odds???

Man, why did the liberal pussies have to take all the police jobs like that? 

Scythrop - He's telling the truth. He really does believe that.

This. I think just about everyone would feel great/special and capable of anything if they were in his shoes. Justified or not.

I believe the he is more likely to have gone into that chaos and attempted to help than most. 

I get that it's cool and fun to make fun of the president, but I think he's a competent, tough man. Not surprised that the soy boys make fun of those who talk about doing acts of bravory. 

has anyone been in a even remotely similar scenario?

i was sitting in our church and i know i've run through the scenario a bunch of times what will i do if a gunmen comes into our church

well this one sunday we heard 'pop pop pop pop' about 8-10 qucik loud bursts in succession, coming from where our childrens church is going on

luckily it was just the kids having a baloon popping game, it sounded exactly like low caliber semi automatic firearms going off.

everyone in the sanctuary reacted 

multiple men stood up to go look, we have a retired policeman (and multiple active officers) in our church.  he went down and a few other men closer to the door went down. i was out of my chair and on the way to go so i know what my reaction would be.   it was a creepy feeling thinking someone just shot a bunch of kids in our church.  thankfully it wasn't that

Most people won't even speak up to stop an unarmed homeless guy from harassing a woman on the train. Seriously doubt most men would have run into that school.

lol

He would have rode in on Putins back, bigly!! 

I beleve he would be running. The question is which way?

LOL at the draft dodger’s claims.

trobinson21 - 

Most adult men would have also.

Male liberals are basically women so they think every man who would sacrifice themselves to save kids is a fake John McLain.

No, thats actually how men should carry themselves.

This has been my experience.

jpm995 - 

I beleve he would be running. The question is which way?

I have almost no doubt Trump would run the other way unless he was riding in a tank.

Pretjah -

has anyone been in a even remotely similar scenario?

i was sitting in our church and i know i've run through the scenario a bunch of times what will i do if a gunmen comes into our church

well this one sunday we heard 'pop pop pop pop' about 8-10 qucik loud bursts in succession, coming from where our childrens church is going on

luckily it was just the kids having a baloon popping game, it sounded exactly like low caliber semi automatic firearms going off.

everyone in the sanctuary reacted 

multiple men stood up to go look, we have a retired policeman (and multiple active officers) in our church.  he went down and a few other men closer to the door went down. i was out of my chair and on the way to go so i know what my reaction would be.   it was a creepy feeling thinking someone just shot a bunch of kids in our church.  thankfully it wasn't that

Stay strong brother.  I too have survived balloon popping!