Trump had his first low turnout event

Apparently almost half the place was empty to hear him speak. I think the summer of trump is on the decline.

After Trump eventually fizzles out because his novelty wore off Fiorina will be next. She's this cycles Michelle Bachman.

Rubio will surge than eventually Bush will be left standing. Ben Carson is due to fizzle out too. He's a joke.

Main stream media is killing Rand Paul. They're pretty much blacking him out like they did his dad but worse. The military industrial complex and Israel has a choke hold on our political system. It's a shame. I still have hope though.

http://www.salon.com/2015/09/23/these_photos_of_donald_trumps_half_empty_ballroom_suggest_he_may_want_to_make_his_crowds_great_again/ Phone Post 3.0

Only a matter of time til his torch burns out Phone Post 3.0

bush will not win

This doesn't make any sense. He paid good $$ for people to show up to one of his earlier rallies. Dude's still got at least a few $billion left. No reason to have a small turnout yet.

Trumps popularity is driven by main stream media news. When they stop talking about him the low information voter will turn on him. Phone Post 3.0

I like his platform but his childish antics and constant narcissism get old. I'd still take him over Hillary though.

Trump has kinda burned all his bridges with the media. Especially foxnews where most of his constituents are. Phone Post 3.0

KDK1CallingKDK12 - Apparently almost half the place was empty to hear him speak. I think the summer of trump is on the decline.

After Trump eventually fizzles out because his novelty wore off Fiorina will be next. She's this cycles Michelle Bachman.

Rubio will surge than eventually Bush will be left standing. Ben Carson is due to fizzle out too. He's a joke.

Main stream media is killing Rand Paul. They're pretty much blacking him out like they did his dad but worse. The military industrial complex and Israel has a choke hold on our political system. It's a shame. I still have hope though.

http://www.salon.com/2015/09/23/these_photos_of_donald_trumps_half_empty_ballroom_suggest_he_may_want_to_make_his_crowds_great_again/ Phone Post 3.0

ummm, "Trump came to speak to the state's African-American Chamber of Commerce in Charleston"

Of course it would be half empty.

2000 showed up at the university he spoke at.

That's my problem with the media, the just write a headline and totally leave out a key part. He was speaking to an African American group. Romney received 8% of the black vote. The fact Trump could get half the place full is a real testament to him.

What did you really expect?

jcblass -
KDK1CallingKDK12 - Apparently almost half the place was empty to hear him speak. I think the summer of trump is on the decline.

ummm, "Trump came to speak to the state's African-American Chamber of Commerce in Charleston"

That's my problem with the media, the just write a headline and totally leave out a key part. He was speaking to an African American group. Romney received 8% of the black vote. The fact Trump could get half the place full is a real testament to him.

He had 30k in Alabama, so when he can't fill a ballroom less than a month later it is worth mentioning.

It's a nothing story that would've been a blip on any other candidate's campaign radar but like a small child he went on TV today and made up some bullshit lie about the seats in the back being empty because "everyone was rushing the stage" to be near him, despite the video evidence showing otherwise. Guess what? Now the story takes up three news cycles instead of one, photos of a half empty auditorium run everywhere instead of in just a few outlets, the media gets to run with a "Is Trump losing momentum?" narrative for a few days and he looks like a thin-skinned whiny bitch AGAIN.

For a guy with such vaunted media skills he can be incredibly tone deaf when it comes to imaging. Phone Post 3.0

Res ipsa loquitar - 

"What did you really expect?"

His numbers at events have been fluctuating all over the place this last week but you have a point with that one

I am not denying enthusiasm for Trump will die out. However, I don't like it when the media likes to create these false narratives to get the result they ultimately want.

Trump was speaking to an African American group, only 8% of them voted Republican last election. Therefore, there is no reason at all to think he would walk into a massive room filled with excited African Americans. His campaign might soon fade out, but this isn't indicative of anything.

However, a poll a couple weeks ago did have him at 25% with African Americans, so I think it is actually respectable that he polls relatively well with them (8% vs 25%), has enough balls to even book a speech at such a venue and was able to even get the place half filled.

^^^That crowd was 90% white. Again, not a big deal but the media is LOOKING for this kind of campaign ephemera and he keeps giving them ammunition. Phone Post 3.0

Bush may win the GOP nom, he will absolutely not be president. People are still so "Bush-fatigued". We haven't forgotten how big of fuck ups his dad and brother were. Phone Post 3.0

Well, for weeks I have been saying I think Trump will ultimately leave the race. I have often speculated that he doesn't really want to be President, rather just be able to say he COULD HAVE BEEN President, if he wanted to.

I have suggested that he would probably pull out due to a family pregnancy or nasty dust up with the media. I could see him saying "Well, if the media is not going to report on me fairly, and they are despicable people, I am not going to subject my family to them over the next 4 years" or "My daughter is pregnant and I really want to spend these valuable years being a grandfather" I told my brother that I thought he probably knew his daughter might be pregnant in advance, knowing full-well he could use that as an excuse later in the race.

Well today's headline:

Ivanka Trump: Businesswoman Announces She Is Pregnant With 3rd Child in Video

In a video posted on Facebook, Trump appears with her two children, who hold the numbers one and two while she holds the number three. Trump is married to businessman Jared Kushner.

^^^ That would be a hell of a prediction on your part of it happens. Phone Post 3.0

This is a pathetic thread. OP is a lightweight and really low energy, and I imagine very unattractive as well.

jcblass -
Res ipsa loquitar - 

"What did you really expect?"

His numbers at events have been fluctuating all over the place this last week but you have a point with that one

I am not denying enthusiasm for Trump will die out. However, I don't like it when the media likes to create these false narratives to get the result they ultimately want.

Trump was speaking to an African American group, only 8% of them voted Republican last election. Therefore, there is no reason at all to think he would walk into a massive room filled with excited African Americans. His campaign might soon fade out, but this isn't indicative of anything.

However, a poll a couple weeks ago did have him at 25% with African Americans, so I think it is actually respectable that he polls relatively well with them (8% vs 25%), has enough balls to even book a speech at such a venue and was able to even get the place half filled.

The media is what created the Trump phenomenon. Live by the sword die by the sword. Phone Post 3.0

MolsonMuscles - 
jcblass -

He had 30k in Alabama, so when he can't fill a ballroom less than a month later it is worth mentioning.

It's a nothing story that would've been a blip on any other candidate's campaign radar but like a small child he went on TV today and made up some bullshit lie about the seats in the back being empty because "everyone was rushing the stage" to be near him, despite the video evidence showing otherwise. Guess what? Now the story takes up three news cycles instead of one, photos of a half empty auditorium run everywhere instead of in just a few outlets, the media gets to run with a "Is Trump losing momentum?" narrative for a few days and he looks like a thin-skinned whiny bitch AGAIN.

For a guy with such vaunted media skills he can be incredibly tone deaf when it comes to imaging. Phone Post 3.0

He keeps saying he got 30k in Mobile but the stadium holds 30k and it was less than half full. The news estimates around here said he probably had about 12,000.

He has probably the most loyal core base of any of the candidates. That's not to say many of his supporters can't switch but the people that love him really love him. With a large group of candidates this pretty much guarantees he will be at the top or near the top of the polls until it gets down to 3 candidates.

This is because you have a large group of people who will vote for anyone BUT Trump, but you won't see this group have much of an influence when there are so many candidates to choose from. This will definitely be an interesting cycle, if 4 or 5 of these candidates can stay in this race for the bulk of it, I think he will pull it off. If by super tuesday it is down to 2 or 3, I think it will be very difficult for him. I see it being at least a 4 person race. Kasich will probably stay in past that also so he can stick around for Ohio which is a couple weeks after super tuesday. By the time the field settles down to 3 candidates, Trump might have a good size lead

but what do I know

I read somewhere that about 30 percent of Republican voters will vote for anyone but Trump, that's the basis for my 4 or more candidate he wins hypothesis. Split that 30 percent 3 separate non Trump ways and he still probably polls better. Once you get a candidate to really claim the anti-Trump vote, he is in trouble

Him being friendly with Carson is a very smart move on his part. He definitely wants that guy to stick around for a while because he is a bit of a confusing candidate for Republicans and shakes things up even more. He has just a low enough ceiling to not be a threat

It seems counterintuitive to want someone to stay in the race, but it makes the most sense for him. It isn't an odds game in that sense (less candidates means better chance for those still in). Instead it's about whether less candidates means you will benefit more or less depending on how their votes are distributed

No way 1 candidate goes end to end as the leader of the Republican primary process. In 2012, there was at least 6 candidates who were the flavor of the month at various points.