Trump: I'm still a birther

AP Photo

Trump: I'm still a birther

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/donald-trump-birther-obama-119945.html#ixzz3fUoEcECG

Donald Trump is still not sure whether President Barack Obama was born in the United States.

In an interview with CNN’s Anderson Cooper that aired Thursday night, the Republican presidential candidate said he was not that interested in talking about the issue, compared to other ones.

“Honestly, I don’t want to get into it,” Trump said.

Asked whether he thought Obama was born in the U.S., Trump responded: “I don’t know. I really don’t know. I don’t know why he wouldn’t release his records.”

In the interview, Trump also claimed that Hillary Clinton and John McCain were both birthers, and mentioned how he got Obama to release “something.”

Obama released his long-form birth certificate in April 2011 after speculation from Trump and others that he might have been born elsewhere.

“Do you know that Hillary Clinton was a birther? She wanted those records and fought like hell. People forgot. You know that John McCain was a birther, wanted those records. They couldn’t get the records. Hillary failed. John McCain failed,” he said.

“Trump was able to get something. I don’t know what the hell it was, but it doesn’t matter. Because I’m off that subject. I’m about jobs, I’m about the military, I’m about doing the right thing for this country,” he added.

Meanwhile, Trump signaled that his beef with the GOP establishment is far from over.

In an interview with Fox News’ Sean Hannity on Thursday night, he speculated that Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus might have leaked details of their call to The Washington Post.

“I just don’t know how the story got out. Nobody called us for verification, and honestly, I can’t blame him, unless he gave out the story, which is possible. Probably, he did,” Trump said.

Trump also again declined to rule out a third-party bid on Thursday, telling the Post that he “would have to see who the nominee is” should he fail in his quest for the Republican nomination.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/donald-trump-birther-obama-119945.html?hp=l2_4&cmpid=sf

Him and half of America.

fanat - Him and half of America.

Whatever you have to tell yourself to not feel crazy. 

I really hope he talks about this and other issues more. He's providing endless amounts of entertainment. 

I think the truth will come in 10-20 years and it's pretty apparent what is it.

THE CERTIFICATE WAS PHOTOSHOPPED HOW CAN ANY OF YOU NOT SEE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's Hillary right now. 

fanat - I think the truth will come in 10-20 years and it's pretty apparent what is it.

Sure buddy. It's so apparent. 

lol @ birthers.

Why doesn't the GOP have a problem with Ted Cruz, since he was ACTUALLY not born in this Country.

Trust - 
Chimonos Revenge - 

Why doesn't the GOP have a problem with Ted Cruz, since he was ACTUALLY not born in this Country.

Because "the GOP" didn't have a problem with Obama's birthright, just like they didn't have a problem with McCain being born in Panama.  It was a few fringe kooks that the media gave lots of attention to in an attempt to make you think they represented the GOP generally.  Apparently the media was successful in that regard.  

Well I've got bad news for you. One of those kooks is running for president now and he's second in the polls and damaging the GOP brand with every word he utters. 

McCain was born at a Naval Station.

Even some right wingers have expressed a desire to get money out of politics. Why is Trump so popular? The Koch brothers may as well run for president too. Phone Post 3.0

HereWeAre -

I really hope he talks about this and other issues more. He's providing endless amounts of entertainment. 

He demolished Cooper in that interview so I hope you were entertained. Phone Post 3.0

Phuckles - 
HereWeAre -

He demolished Cooper in that interview so I hope you were entertained. Phone Post 3.0

lol 

How exactly did he demolish anyone? Please I'm geuinely interested in your take on this. 

^Agreed

Z NEDCMK1 - 

Trump is a jackass.

The Republicans should be distancing themselves from him and trying to run some sort of positive campaign. With so many people disliking Obama, they don't even need to go after the Democrats.

If the Republicans ran a policy based campaign rather than one of rhetoric or sideshows they would win easily.

They aren't going to though.

The have a bunch of sideshow Bob's and fundamentalist Christians who will provide entertainment, but drive away the middle.

Republicans vote Republican, and Democrats vote Democrat, it is turning out voters and winning the middle that wins the election.

These guys are just going to isolate the Republicans from the middle, and Hillary is going to court them while turning out more voters because she would be the first woman president.

Get ready for Hillary next.

This is not necessarily true. I could be off, but I believe I remember it coming out that Bush was able to win by rallying the base in swing states like Ohio. It is not the middle that went out and voted for him. It was getting the people on the right excited enough to go out and vote for them instead of staying at home.

The same thing happened for Obama. His campaign was able to get those democrats out to vote, whereas they usually stay home. Romney, meanwhile, failed to energize the republican base. They didn't care about him the way they cared about Bush, so they stayed home.

"Next year’s campaign will be ferocious in the handful of truly competitive battleground states (Ohio, Florida, Colorado, Iowa, Virginia, North Carolina and Pennsylvania). In a race between closely matched contenders in battleground states, the incentive is to rally your base. Candidates do that with a divisive campaign that demonizes the opposition: “If you don’t vote Democratic for president, right-wing extremists will take over.” Or, “If you don’t vote for the Republican, illegal aliens will flood our borders.”

We’re likely to end up with two relatively pragmatic, establishment-oriented party nominees in 2016. Possibly Bush and Clinton. But the campaigns they run will be intensely polarizing, full of dire warnings about what will happen if the other side wins. That’s how President George W. Bush won reelection in 2004. And how Obama won reelection in 2012.

“Unite the party and divide the country” may be the new formula for winning. But it’s also why the division between red and blue America keeps getting deeper and deeper."

Res ipsa loquitar - 
Trust - 
Chimonos Revenge - 

Because "the GOP" didn't have a problem with Obama's birthright, just like they didn't have a problem with McCain being born in Panama.  It was a few fringe kooks that the media gave lots of attention to in an attempt to make you think they represented the GOP generally.  Apparently the media was successful in that regard.  

Really? Cause LImbaugh made a song and dance about that shit on the regular and lets not pretend he wasnt a major voice inside the mainstream kookery that is the GOP.

Limbaugh hasn't been on the air in years

Z NEDCMK1 - 

I see your point.

I think that throughout the primary campaign, with so many polarizing players, they are going to have trouble rallying some of their base, as they are all going to come out of it black and blue.

From the choices available on the right, most, in my opinion, will not be able to gain any significant portion of the swing vote.

very probably true.