Trump just got Mexico to pay $1.6B for wall!

Oops. Not Mexico after all. You and me. Shit.

But don't despair, there is good news. The sanctuary city funding he promised to pull has been raised!

And planned parenthood gets more too!

In fact, all of Obama's pet projects are still being funded only at higher levels than before.

That's good, right?

MAGA! I think.

dammit

Well, there IS SOME good news.

1/3 of it is to pay to repair currently existing border fence, and the other 2/3 is just going to be the same typing of fencing they have now.

Also, he asked for like 25B, so it could have been way way worse.

It's not good, but it's also not as bad as it could have been.

(incidentally, I'm hoping that's the epitaph for his presidency: "It Could Have Been Worse)

The fiscal Hawks are doing a great job of standing up for their beliefs.

As long as it gets built.

Details:

Of the total, $251 million is earmarked specifically for “secondary fencing” near San Diego, where fencing is already in place; $445 million is for no more than 25 miles of “levee fencing”; $196 million is for “primary pedestrian fencing” in the Rio Grande Valley; $445 million is for the replacement of existing fencing in that area; and the rest is for planning, design and technology — not for wall construction. The biggest catch is this: The barriers authorized to be built under the act must be “operationally effective designs” already deployed as of last March, meaning none of President Trump’s big, beautiful wall prototypes can be built.

This spending bill is even worse than Trump shooting someone on Fifth Ave. I wonder if his devout fans will find it in themselves to wonder if they've been duped.

I voted for him on the basis of his anti-neocon foreign policy and feel like an idiot for doing so because all he's hiring is neocons. 

My only consolation is that Hillary would have been worse. But I'm beginning to wonder by how much. 

So no actual wall, just more of the fencing we've been using, and more invested in technology to monitor, and staffing to monitor. 

This is EXACTLY what I argued he should be doing instead of wasting billions on a "wall". 

Sounds good to me. 

Trump got slaughtered on this whole thing. 

Establishment dems and republicans win. Show goes on as usual. pathetic. There is almost no difference between the parties for establishment politicians, and it is never more clear than when an outsider is in as president. 

You know what’s cheaper then a wall??? And readily available in Mexico??? 

Fucking shovel to dig under it, or a ladder to climb over it. Silly cunts 

Every poster in this thread only ever talks about Trump. I can't imagine living life like that.

Find a hobby. Clean your room. Get off MMA.tv for a bit, and don't think about Trump for at least a week.

im_MLT -

You know what’s cheaper then a wall??? And readily available in Mexico??? 

Fucking shovel to dig under it, or a ladder to climb over it. Silly cunts 

You should inform the Palestinians.

“I voted for him on the basis of his anti-neocon foreign policy.”

Whoa there buddy...where did you get that idea from?!?

Better than giving 14 trillion to the banks imo

ufc98newb - 

Establishment dems and republicans win. Show goes on as usual. pathetic. There is almost no difference between the parties for establishment politicians, and it is never more clear than when an outsider is in as president. 

The idea that Trump is an outsider and anti-establishment is just laughable.

Yup, born into money, 20 million dollar loan from daddy, donated to hillary clinton before, hollywood celebrity, lined his cabinet with goldman & sachs execs, tax cuts for the rich...

Yeah that guy is a real "outsider" and a true commoner.

He says it like it is! Even if "it" isn't even real!

As for the RGV, the border wall will be ridiculous in a lot of places. You only need to visit down there to see the stupidity of it all. There are places where the barrier divides neighborhoods and streets and not to mention ranches and wildlife refuge centers. Two or three of them, im speaking about the centers, will inevitably shutdown, which is sad, truly sad. One of them has frequent visits from Nat Geo and the Audubon Society. The birding industry will shut down to, thats a billion dollar industry I believe.

Id like to see how the Big Ben, and similar places, will be walled off. That will be an interesting sight.

Inevitably, the border wall will be considered a total failure with time due to the logistics; the ineffectiveness; the upkeep, etc. It's nothing more than to fleece the Trumpers, and the rest of the taxpayer's money and hand it over to the same contractors who profited from the wars in the Middle East.

Sounds good to me. Although I want to pay more to make the wall longer and taller. But this is a GREAT start. 

Thank you President Trump!

Jack Carter -

Sounds good to me. Although I want to pay more to make the wall longer and taller. But this is a GREAT start. 

Thank you President Trump!

Made in America

Flavorful - 

Oops. Not Mexico after all. You and me. Shit.

But don't despair, there is good news. The sanctuary city funding he promised to pull has been raised!

And planned parenthood gets more too!

In fact, all of Obama's pet projects are still being funded only at higher levels than before.

That's good, right?

MAGA! I think.

no the federal judge agreed that funding can be withheld from sanctuary cities, the same judge that actually hates Trump ruled on it

ufc98newb -

Maybe this is a case of common sense and not partisan establishment stuff. Anyone looking at the facts on how cost effective and efficient a full "wall" like Trump wanted, would see how much of a waste it would have been.