Trump Owes Millions to Bank of China

Trump Owes Millions to Bank of China for Building Loan, Records Show

By Tobias Hoonhout

Financial records show that President Trump still owes the state-owned Bank of China millions from a $211 million loan that he used to refinance his 30-percent stake in a New York City skyscraper.

Trump’s reelection campaign has centered around China as a key issue for 2020, releasing attack ads targeting Biden’s past praise of China, and his son Hunter’s business dealings in the country. The younger Biden was appointed to the board of a Chinese private equity firm after arranging a meeting between the firm’s founder and his father during a diplomatic trip in 2013.

14 Likes

Just based on action alone Trump seems like he is willing to stand up to china, while senile joe seems like he cant wait to bend the knee.

14 Likes

Business owner has business transactions. News at 11

29 Likes

Rent free

10 Likes

hes done for this time

4 Likes

No surprise here. Another day another conflict of interest and another way for him to use the “presidency” for his own economic gain. What was the last one? I think it was him having his kids reality tv girlfriend on the government payroll 

6 Likes

OMG, he will probably suddenly start treating them favorably instead of beating them in trade negotiations at every turn!

5 Likes

He’s just not going to pay it so why should we talk about it?  

1 Like

Did the democrats get this info from the same Russian agents as the dossier?

1 Like

Wow, an international businessman has debts with other countries? Im shocked!

3 Likes

daba - 

No surprise here. Another day another conflict of interest and another way for him to use the “presidency” for his own economic gain. What was the last one? I think it was him having his kids reality tv girlfriend on the government payroll 

Please explain how his hard stance on China is helping him in any way? I'll wait for your mental gymnastics, Alice.

1 Like

He also owes millions to banks run by Russian oligarchs.

I would have no problem with a successful businessperson becoming president and having significant international holdings and interests, so long as he or she divested.

Trump

1) didn't divest

2) is deeply in debt to foreign banksters

3) doesn't so much have foreign profit-generating businesses as he has foreign money-losing vanity projects which need to be propped up by foreign money from foreign banks.

Also, because Trump Org. is excluded from federal bailouts in the U.S., they are looking to get foreign loans, including directly from foreign government loans in countries he owns properties, to help them stay afloat during the pandemic.

So that is even more foreign money he is beholden to.

Trump is not a big-time international business mogul. He's a guy who tried to expand his trailer park brand of "wealth" internationally and is now cucked to foreign banks, foreign governments, and dark money loans he will never be able to repay.

6 Likes

camicom -

Except he's not an international businessman anymore, he's the president.

I don't know if this story is valid or not, but simply on the question of whether it's a good thing that a sitting president is into the millions in debt to another country while he's conducting diplomacy with that country ... Can we at least acknowledge the potential for a conflict of interest?

5 Likes

1 Like

camicom -

It is the kind of thing that would hurt someone if they wanted to work in a sensitive position in the government.

2 Likes

BonedByPicograms* -

The walls as are closing in!!!

Hahah shit....forgot about that catch phrase

anthonyMI - 
camicom -

It is the kind of thing that would hurt someone if they wanted to work in a sensitive position in the government.

Yeah, I'd actually fully support a law that forbids politicians from having any financial ties to other nations. We should work to limit all outside ties when it comes to elected officials. No dual citizenship, no money or business ties overseas, not even a goddamn vacation home in Europe. 

5 Likes

National review is a right wing conservative website.

1 Like
AnotherTMAguy -

By Tobias Hoonhout

Financial records show that President Trump still owes the state-owned Bank of China millions from a $211 million loan that he used to refinance his 30-percent stake in a New York City skyscraper.

Trump’s reelection campaign has centered around China as a key issue for 2020, releasing attack ads targeting Biden’s past praise of China, and his son Hunter’s business dealings in the country. The younger Biden was appointed to the board of a Chinese private equity firm after arranging a meeting between the firm’s founder and his father during a diplomatic trip in 2013.

I thought he owed Russia millions of dollars in loans. 

now it’s China?

imagine if it turns out he owes Bank of America for a loan... what will the narrative be then