Trump: "President for life, I think its great!"

President Donald Trump in a private speech on Saturday praised Chinese President Xi Jinping for recently consolidating power, saying, "Maybe we'll give that a shot someday."

"He's now president for life. President for life. And he's great," Trump said, according to a recording obtained by CNN. "And look, he was able to do that. I think it's great."

Trump made the remarks during a closed-door lunch and fundraiser with Republican donors.

CNN reported that his speech was upbeat and joking at times, but added that Trump also complained about what he views as unfair treatment in the ongoing Russia investigation in comparison to his 2016 opponent, Hillary Clinton.

"I'm telling you, it's a rigged system, folks," Trump said, according to CNN. "I've been saying that for a long time. It's a rigged system. And we don't have the right people in there yet. We have a lot of great people, but certain things, we don't have the right people."

Trump also speculated at one point about Clinton's life after losing the presidential election.

"Is Hillary a happy person? Do you think she's happy?" Trump said. "When she goes home at night, does she say, 'What a great life?' I don't think so. You never know. I hope she's happy."

Trump also ripped into former President George W. Bush over the Iraq War, calling the invasion "the single worst decision ever made" and likening it to "throwing a big fat brick into a hornet's nest."

"That was Bush. Another real genius. That was Bush," Trump said. "That turned out to be wonderful intelligence. Great intelligence agency there."

Trump frequently expresses skepticism about US intelligence, and has used its previous failures leading up to the Iraq War to undermine intelligence agencies' findings that Russia interfered in the 2016 presidential election.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-china-abolishing-term-limits-maybe-well-give-that-a-shot-someday-2018-3

Hillary still living in his head rent free...

I agree with one thing he said, about invading Iraq. Worst decision ever.

USA single handedly created generations of terrorists with that move, killing millions of innocent civilians and causing an surge in terrorism which has shaped the world since then.

Thanks Bush!

How many OGers wouldn't mind having Trump as president for life?

Pedro Navaja - Hillary still living in his head rent free...

USA single handedly created generations of terrorists with that move, killing millions of innocent civilians and causing an surge in terrorism which has shaped the world since then.

Thanks Bush!

Trump is clearly living in your head and actually has you paying him.

#MAGA

If you listen to the actual soundbite it was a joke that got a bunch of laughter

JohnMc1 - Trump must be doing something right when Fake News outlets like CNN are desperately reaching to find something to shit on him about.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/03/04/president-for-life-not-bad-idea-trump-says-china-proposal.html

Fake news outlets like Fox news too!!!

heavyd4561 - 

If you listen to the actual soundbite it was a joke that got a bunch of laughter

Trump himself is a walking joke, so yes, no one is going to take it too serious.

People also applauded and were clearly excited at the notion.

“According to CNN”

LOL

Pedro Navaja - Hillary still living in his head rent free...

Thanks Bush!

More like Cheney doing it and Bush being too Stoopid to do anything about it but get richer off of it

Pedro Navaja -
heavyd4561 - 

Trump himself is a walking joke, so yes, no one is going to take it too serious.

You took it seriously 

At least CNN was forced to admit he was joking. 

Libs are triggered over this. LOL

Munk - 

Thanks Bush!

#MAGA

this

get a life

Jack Carter -
Pedro Navaja -
heavyd4561 - 

You took it seriously 

Yeah I took it sooo serious lol. Can’t you tell how outraged I was in my OP? 

As I said, more interesting was his Hillary and Iraq comments.

Pedro Navaja -
Jack Carter -
Pedro Navaja -
heavyd4561 - 

You took it seriously 

Yeah I took it sooo serious lol. Can’t you tell how outraged I was in my OP? 

As I said, more interesting was his Hillary and Iraq comments.

He just proud he broke up the Clinton and Bush empires. 

murfamurph -

I wonder if Bush feels shame about what he’s done. I heard he lost his mind and started doing weird art and shit. Bush could say “nobody looks at me as anything but a cancer to society.” Would be true. 

Except for his philanthropy in Africa, where he is quietly having a huge positive impact.

You need to check yourself if you think the man who helped USA through its worst attack on its own soil in generations is “cancer” because he listened to his top advisers and their intelligence briefings and made a flawed decision.  

Do you hate Truman for unnecessarily destroying Japan and slaughtering innocents?

Only a sith deals in absolutes you shitstain.

You sure do have a lot of free time on your hands for working full time and playing pro ball......

I cannot imagine a stupider human being than whoever created this Pedro character.  So vapid and empty.  No substance, stands for nothing but his drug use and sneaker collection.  Has no value, only values himself in terms of opposition to people who have value.  It’s sad, honestly.  Get help, dude.  

Tiresias -

Historically, it has always been an open question. When you turn over power periodically, how do you maintain continuity? How do you prevent the political process from degenerating into a mere fight over power? Because that happens over and over again in history, no matter how you try to set things up, no matter your constitution. Unless there is a strong social order in place, or a tradition that is upheld as a matter of COLLECTIVE WILL OF THE WHOLE SOCIETY-- then elections turn into fights over power. And this is absolutely very weakening, and will degenerate until things fall apart. This is particularly the issue with a state like the US, because of the lack of external enemies. This ALWAYS leads to internal fights over power.... So, Trump is spot-on in pointing up the fact that this question is coming up again. The sense of unity in society has been destroyed in the last thirty years-- and it was not by Trump... and now, we are seeing politics degenerate into bald fighting for power.

The reason dictators arise is because the people WANT them. And they want them because they want stability, they get tired of fighting.

Welcome back, Tiresias. I always enjoy reading your posts.

Tiresias -

Historically, it has always been an open question. When you turn over power periodically, how do you maintain continuity? How do you prevent the political process from degenerating into a mere fight over power? Because that happens over and over again in history, no matter how you try to set things up, no matter your constitution. Unless there is a strong social order in place, or a tradition that is upheld as a matter of COLLECTIVE WILL OF THE WHOLE SOCIETY-- then elections turn into fights over power. And this is absolutely very weakening, and will degenerate until things fall apart. This is particularly the issue with a state like the US, because of the lack of external enemies. This ALWAYS leads to internal fights over power.... So, Trump is spot-on in pointing up the fact that this question is coming up again. The sense of unity in society has been destroyed in the last thirty years-- and it was not by Trump... and now, we are seeing politics degenerate into bald fighting for power.

The reason dictators arise is because the people WANT them. And they want them because they want stability, they get tired of fighting.

this is a good post.

I do not want a president for life, but what we have right now is probably not the answer either. 

There might not be a good answer

Pedro Navaja - Hillary still living in his head rent free...

Thanks Bush!

Hillary isn't in anybody's head. She is a loser, and a very ungracious one at that. Trump, BUsh, Obama, her husband all have better ratings than her. 

Munk -

Thanks Bush!

#MAGA

I found it quite ironic of Pedo to say. He still can`t accept Hillary losing it seems.

BrckNoHitBk -

You sure do have a lot of free time on your hands for working full time and playing pro ball......

Lol you are pathetic. Worry bout your own life, scrub.

you know I do 99% of my posts while working right? I get paid to OG. 

Next.