Trump Signs 3rd Asylum Agree With Guatemala! MAGA!

Means that people seeking asylum that come through Guatemala, will have to apply for asylum with Guatemala first.

MAGA!

6 Likes

9th circuit trying to figure out how to fuck that up too?

2 Likes
WendyIDMT - 

9th circuit trying to figure out how to fuck that up too?

the left wont be happy until there is no border and no tax revenue to spend on americans 

4 Likes

Orcus is eagerly awaiting his sharia blue taking points regarding this. 

Good.

2 Likes

This is actually a win.

Bravo

http://news.trust.org/item/20190726194025-h5f2g

After Trump threat, Guatemala signs immigration asylum deal

WASHINGTON, July 26 (Reuters) - The United States and Guatemala signed a so-called safe third country immigration asylum agreement on Friday just days after U.S. President Donald Trump threatened to impose tariffs on the Central American country if it did not agree to the deal.

Speaking to reporters at the White House during a signing ceremony, Trump said the agreement would allow easier access to farmer workers for U.S. farms and ranches.

Guatemala's President Jimmy Morales was due to sign a deal with Trump last week that would have made the country act as an asylum buffer zone to reduce immigration to the United States.

But the country's Constitutional Court ruled he could not sign such an agreement without prior approval from Congress, which is on a summer recess.

In response, Trump threatened Guatemala in a tweet on Tuesday. "Now we are looking at the 'BAN,' Tariffs, Remittance Fees, or all of the above. Guatemala has not been good," Trump wrote.

2 Likes

Thanks Obama

This is not enough. The man promised a wall, so I want a fucking wall. Tired of him being a liar. Build the wall you promised or get the fuck out of America and never return.

wow!

amazing news

KAG.

This is great news if it actually works.

Guatamala would have to enforce it (which may be a stretch)...

The other potential issue if folks from El Salvdador and Honduras just decide to skip Guatamala and go via short boat ride to Belize and into Mexico...

Let's hope it works...

HighInsideLegKick -

This is not enough. The man promised a wall, so I want a fucking wall. Tired of him being a liar. Build the wall you promised or get the fuck out of America and never return.

Like it's that fucking easy? He has been impeded every step of the way. Thankfully 2.5 billion just got approved out of the military budget to go towards the wall. So quit bitching you ungrateful turd. 

1 Like
HighInsideLegKick -

He mad XD

1 Like
Viper has the Lead - 

This is actually a win.

Bravo

The end is near!

lionsoul -

The other potential issue if folks from El Salvdador and Honduras just decide to skip Guatamala and go via short boat ride to Belize and into Mexico...

Let's hope it works...

how do you accept a guatemalan asylum claim if its designated as a safe third country?

MAGA. Lets see what the duck DT does. I'm drunk. DT BITCHES!

lionsoul -

Let's hope it works...

Good points.

I am especially curious to see how US will respond if it turns out Guatemala can't or won't handle the influx of asylum requests. Whether it's in bad faith or just because they can't handle the amount of requests, it will be interesting to see how Trump responds.

Also good point about migrants just circumventing Guatemala altogether. Mexico and the US have the MPP agreement, but not a safe third country one.

You also have to consider that their constitutional court ruled the Guatemalan Congress (which is currently in recess) would have to give prior approval before Morales signs such a deal.

I think the idea of tarrifs + visa denials for officials may be enough to get them to play ball, but as of now it's technically not legal in Guatemala.

PresTex -
HighInsideLegKick -

Like it's that fucking easy? He has been impeded every step of the way. Thankfully 2.5 billion just got approved out of the military budget to go towards the wall. So quit bitching you ungrateful turd. 

2.5 billion is a fucking drop in the bucket.   Fucking joke percentage of a percentage of America's tax budget.  

It's pure bullshit that the President has to fight tooth and nail for such a miniscule amount to secure our border.   

Sorry for the passion, but this issue gets me fired up.