Trump Signs 3rd Asylum Agree With Guatemala! MAGA!

I don't see how this works.

Guatamalans will police immigrant traffic passing through on their dime and further spend money to give asylum to otherwise passing through immigrants? I cant imagine they will actually do anything other than say "we never saw you, now hurry America is just 1 more country away"

sounds good on paper tho

cool hand Ed -
PresTex -
HighInsideLegKick -

This is not enough. The man promised a wall, so I want a fucking wall. Tired of him being a liar. Build the wall you promised or get the fuck out of America and never return.

Like it's that fucking easy? He has been impeded every step of the way. Thankfully 2.5 billion just got approved out of the military budget to go towards the wall. So quit bitching you ungrateful turd. 

2.5 billion is a fucking drop in the bucket.   Fucking joke percentage of a percentage of America's tax budget.  

It's pure bullshit that the President has to fight tooth and nail for such a miniscule amount to secure our border.   

Sorry for the passion, but this issue gets me fired up.  

Agreed. 

With that said, the wall is just a small part of the plan. We need to fix the absolutely broken aslyum process that allows people to walk in and be immediately released with a court date, increase the amount of immigration judges, border patrol agents, and require anyone who wants to come in to wait in the country they are coming from for approval to come in. Additionally, we need to get tough on deportations and come up with a plan for those that are already that DOES NOT GRANT CITIZENSHIP. I think they should have a 10-20 year citizenship path where they are free to live and work here legally without any government assistance, pay taxes, and follow our laws. If they can't do that then they get deported and citizenship is off the table. This shit has to stop and the only way to get people to stop crossing the border is to stop incentivizing them to come over here. 

Good 

PresTex -
HighInsideLegKick -

This is not enough. The man promised a wall, so I want a fucking wall. Tired of him being a liar. Build the wall you promised or get the fuck out of America and never return.

Like it's that fucking easy? He has been impeded every step of the way. Thankfully 2.5 billion just got approved out of the military budget to go towards the wall. So quit bitching you ungrateful turd. 

He's fishing. You took a bite

HighInsideLegKick -

Wall is being built. 

Do you know anything about anything 

you just can't walk down there with your shovel and a wooden stakes 

survey 

who owns the land 

where will wall go 

what will it be made of 

Designs

who's going to make it 

Bidding processes 

whos going to erect it 

then they have to clear the land 

get the workers 

logistics of miles of wall 

then construction 

I'll be shocked if it's not a 10 year + project 

Jack Carter -
PresTex -
HighInsideLegKick -

He's fishing. You took a bite

Fuck ! 

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/01/07/trump-admin-will-begin-deporting-mexicans-all-the-way-to-guatemala-873032

Trump admin will begin deporting Mexicans all the way to Guatemala

The Trump administration is set to begin deporting Mexican asylum seekers to Guatemala, according to internal documents, marking the latest initiative to help manage the immigration crisis at the U.S. southern border.

An asylum agreement signed between the Trump administration and the Guatemalan government is expanding to include Mexican nationals, according to internal United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) documents reviewed by Reuters. Agency staffers, according to a recent email directive, have been informed that Mexican citizens will be included in the populations subject to the Guatemalan asylum deal.

2 Likes
Jack Carter -

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/01/07/trump-admin-will-begin-deporting-mexicans-all-the-way-to-guatemala-873032

The Trump administration is set to begin deporting Mexican asylum seekers to Guatemala, according to internal documents, marking the latest initiative to help manage the immigration crisis at the U.S. southern border.

An asylum agreement signed between the Trump administration and the Guatemalan government is expanding to include Mexican nationals, according to internal United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) documents reviewed by Reuters. Agency staffers, according to a recent email directive, have been informed that Mexican citizens will be included in the populations subject to the Guatemalan asylum deal.

Excellent

2 Likes
Jack Carter -

Yay!

1 Like
Jack Carter -

What a belated Christmas present! 

1 Like
Jack Carter -

Getting emotional in here!

God bless Trump for helping those little fellers find success in sunny Guatemala, America's backyard garden. 

Jack Carter -

Don't cross illegally and don't window shop for "asylum", and they won't have any problems. Just follow the law and do it the right way. 

VTCO - 
lionsoul -

This is great news if it actually works.

Guatamala would have to enforce it (which may be a stretch)...

The other potential issue if folks from El Salvdador and Honduras just decide to skip Guatamala and go via short boat ride to Belize and into Mexico...

Let's hope it works...

Good points.

I am especially curious to see how US will respond if it turns out Guatemala can't or won't handle the influx of asylum requests. Whether it's in bad faith or just because they can't handle the amount of requests, it will be interesting to see how Trump responds.

Also good point about migrants just circumventing Guatemala altogether. Mexico and the US have the MPP agreement, but not a safe third country one.

You also have to consider that their constitutional court ruled the Guatemalan Congress (which is currently in recess) would have to give prior approval before Morales signs such a deal.

I think the idea of tarrifs + visa denials for officials may be enough to get them to play ball, but as of now it's technically not legal in Guatemala.

Don’t know what the laws about asylum in Guatemala is, but can’t they just deny the requests from the migrants for asylum? In the US you can’t, but as I understand it the people and governments of the Central Americas don’t want the migrants and would have no trouble just saying get your ass back home because you’re not running from a war.

https://youtu.be/NFjhY74dKiQ

https://summit.news/2020/01/21/migrants-waiting-for-dems-to-win-election-because-it-would-make-things-easier-to-get-in/

Migrants Waiting For Dems To Win Election Because 'It Would Make Things Easier To Get In'

"Once Trump is defeated and the Democrats take over, things are going to get better."

Migrants in central America say they are waiting for President Trump to be voted out of office and for Democrats to reopen the borders so they can cross illegally into the US without the fear that authorities will 'throw them back.'

The Center for Immigration Studies reports that many migrants are sitting in wait in Mexico, praying for a Trump defeat.

"Once Trump is defeated and the Democrats take over, things are going to get better."

Migrants in central America say they are waiting for President Trump to be voted out of office and for Democrats to reopen the borders so they can cross illegally into the US without the fear that authorities will 'throw them back.'

The Center for Immigration Studies reports that many migrants are sitting in wait in Mexico, praying for a Trump defeat.

"I'll wait for that because it would make things easier to get in." Honduran Katherine Cabrera told researchers, adding "I want Trump out!"

Another told CIS that many are not attempting to illegally gain entry to the country "until Trump leaves," because the prevailing expectation is that "right now, the Americans will throw you back" to Mexico.

"A lot of people in El Salvador believe he (Trump) is the reason all this is happening, that he is selfish and cruel and doing everything he can to make us suffer," another migrant commented, adding "But once Trump is defeated and the Democrats take over, things are going to get better."

Other groups of migrants are attempting to cross in greater numbers, believing that it will give them a better chance of evading capture

On Monday, Thousands of migrants stormed a bridge over the Suchiate River from Guatemala to Mexico, attempting and failing to move further north.

The scenes were chaotic with Mexican National Guard troops confronting the migrants

democrats are cancer

1 Like

well since this is still going on, I did it this way. I see 4 times 3 and get 12. Then I look again and notice it is a healty fraction (near half) of $30 so no way is it $0.12 or $1.20 or $120 so $12 it is.

Jack Carter -

https://summit.news/2020/01/21/migrants-waiting-for-dems-to-win-election-because-it-would-make-things-easier-to-get-in/

Migrants Waiting For Dems To Win Election Because 'It Would Make Things Easier To Get In'

"I'll wait for that because it would make things easier to get in." Honduran Katherine Cabrera told researchers, adding "I want Trump out!"

Another told CIS that many are not attempting to illegally gain entry to the country "until Trump leaves," because the prevailing expectation is that "right now, the Americans will throw you back" to Mexico.

"A lot of people in El Salvador believe he (Trump) is the reason all this is happening, that he is selfish and cruel and doing everything he can to make us suffer," another migrant commented, adding "But once Trump is defeated and the Democrats take over, things are going to get better."

Other groups of migrants are attempting to cross in greater numbers, believing that it will give them a better chance of evading capture

On Monday, Thousands of migrants stormed a bridge over the Suchiate River from Guatemala to Mexico, attempting and failing to move further north.

The scenes were chaotic with Mexican National Guard troops confronting the migrants

This shouldve been it's own thread. It still can be.