Trump's Tax Return Outrage?

Saw the Berkeley thing on the news along with other protests. Why are people so outraged over this? What changes if he releases them? I think there's a few other things you could protest about this administration before you take it to the streets for the IRS.

When are these fucks NOT outraged about anything?

Nothing changes. People think if he releases his tax returns they'll be able to catch him and claim "look, he lied!"

They should know by now that the Trumptards don't care how much he lies or what he lies about.

It's a non issue that they're trying to keep up as a thorn in his side. Maybe some people think it will show that he made zillions from working with Russia and they can further that line of argument.

I feel like the there should've been riots over a Secretary of Education that's never been in a public school, but let's get tear gassed over a billionaire not pinpointing every cent he's worth for us.

Kings21 - When are these fucks NOT outraged about anything?

Yeah boys! Protect Trump's tax returns! Hell yeah!!!

The Russia bullshit finally died down... Susan Rice/Obama spying has taken over, standard operating procedure dictates the Lunatic Progressives recycle an old cause to pick up the slack. Trumps taxes it is, this week. Next week they'll be talking about grabbing pussy again.

SilcStar - Nothing changes. People think if he releases his tax returns they'll be able to catch him and claim "look, he lied!"

They should know by now that the Trumptards don't care how much he lies or what he lies about.

It's a non issue that they're trying to keep up as a thorn in his side. Maybe some people think it will show that he made zillions from working with Russia and they can further that line of argument.
id like to see them released as a way to keep Trump honest about his political decisions. I don't want to question if what he does in the best interest of the American people, and not his business ventures. I say this as someone who has been generally supportive of trump

MMAhaiku - Saw the Berkeley thing on the news along with other protests. Why are people so outraged over this? What changes if he releases them? I think there's a few other things you could protest about this administration before you take it to the streets for the IRS.

He's the first presidential nominee from either party since Nixon not to. That's both people running not just the winner.

It's about proper disclosure intended to show conflicts of interest. It's an ethical thing.

As a purely hypothetical: Trump appoints an energy lobbyist to the EPA and wants to bring back the coal industry. Disclosure would show if he owned all the coal.

This is also why blind trusts are usually used, to further distance politicians from special interests. In Trump's case he "gave" his wealth to his sons, so technically the government (Don Sr.) is paying Don Jr. when he uses Mar a Lago.

I don't care if he does or doesn't?. He's not required to. The hypocrisy is still funny. I know damn well most people on here would be whining and bitching (probably not on the streets) if it was some Democrat not releasing their taxes

It's not about how much he paid, it's about where his money comes from. It doesn't matter now but it would have made a difference in the election is he was getting money from the Russians

He's a patriot for not releasing his returns.

Conflicts of interest should not be ignored. Trump has gone back on his campaign promise to release them. It wouldn't be an issue if he had divested from his businesses. But he hasn't. So full financial disclosure should be a requirement. We've already seen him profiting from his weekend trips and having the tax payers pay for special security for the First Lady. 

He will also be effecting tax policy. In which case he can benefit from. 

I think we all suspect this is a cash grab for the Trumps. Either you care or you don't. I imagine the people protesting care about that. 

JunkieDog -

The Russia bullshit finally died down... Susan Rice/Obama spying has taken over, standard operating procedure dictates the Lunatic Progressives recycle an old cause to pick up the slack. Trumps taxes it is, this week. Next week they'll be talking about grabbing pussy again.

You do realize that the Rice thing was put to bed by Republicans as well as Dems last week? 

disbeliever -

2005 was released and showed he paid more taxes than obama, Hillary or Bernie. Kind of blew away the lies they claimed that he paid zero tax.

I suppose other years could show more nefarious things, but that year was an epic backfire for Rachel madow.

Who claimed he payed 0 taxes? Legit question not trying to be a dick. I thought it was all about seeing where his money comes from or who he might owe money to in some way. That's what I want to know personally. And of course he pays more taxes then Clinton Bernie and Obama he's a billionaire 

WalMart Shoes - This faux outrage about everything is why the Democratic party is dead. No ideas just a.bunch of BS moaning. Let the losses continue.

This is equally true of the republicans. people who support either of them are just lying slaves.

King Mo fan -
disbeliever -

2005 was released and showed he paid more taxes than obama, Hillary or Bernie. Kind of blew away the lies they claimed that he paid zero tax.

I suppose other years could show more nefarious things, but that year was an epic backfire for Rachel madow.

Who claimed he payed 0 taxes? Legit question not trying to be a dick. I thought it was all about seeing where his money comes from or who he might owe money to in some way. That's what I want to know personally. And of course he pays more taxes then Clinton Bernie and Obama he's a billionaire 

So he paid his fair share?

His taxes were already leaked and the democrats were proven to be wrong once again.

Pura Vida -
WalMart Shoes - This faux outrage about everything is why the Democratic party is dead. No ideas just a.bunch of BS moaning. Let the losses continue.

This is equally true of the republicans. people who support either of them are just lying slaves.

No, the republican party just won big league. That's not indicative of a dead party. 

I think it's just a ploy to kep the anti trump agenda going. I thought it would run out of steam but these leftys never give up. To me the only real issue is if he paid a lot of taxes or not. It won't show any illegal dealings or the IRS would have nabbed him. The stupid thing it will have the exact opposite effect of what is 'normal'. If he paid a lot of taxes the left won't be able to say he's a cheat [but in reality he would be a bad businessman], if he paid a little or nothing they'ed crusify him [but it would mean he's a smart businessman].