Trump's Wall - Guess Who's Paying?

"The Trump administration has told lawmakers that it wants $18 billion over the next decade for the initial phase of a Mexico border wall"

"If the work was completed, more than half of the 2,000-mile border with Mexico would have a wall or other physical structure by 2027."

"Though Trump ran for office on a promise that Mexico would pay for a border wall, the spending plan indicates American taxpayers would fund it for at least the foreseeable future."

"The final price tag for the CBP spending plan would exceed $33 billion over the next decade"

And all of this after a massive tax cut (mostly) for the wealthy. So that means, whether you voted for Trump or not, you're paying for the wall - err, at least a partial wall that won't be completed for another decade.

Congrats once again to the morons that believed Trump really was going to build a wall on Mexico's dime. Not only should you feel stupid for falling for his bullshit, but that "trickle down" money you're supposedly getting from the wealthy/corporate tax breaks? At least you know where that's going!

In

Well since most of the Mexicans that voted against him in their "sanctuary state" .. it is still technically Mexico still paying for it :)

In

Start with the $15 billion for agents and tech. Assess if a wall is even necessary. 

In for dems to be suddenly concerned about govt spending 

Less than a 3rd of our 150 billion we sent to Iran as a down-payment for them not to nuke us.

Where do I send a check?

Isn't that less than 1/3 of what illegal immigrants cost U.S. tax payers, each year? 

Oh my gosh, I am upset at these things. 

jaywill - 

In for dems to be suddenly concerned about govt spending 

and the repubs who suddenly aren't

In this thread, OP wildly underestimates the power of choice-supportive bias.

So Trump ran a campaign where he lied just like every other politician.

Didnt see that coming.

colubrid1 - Well since most of the Mexicans that voted against him in their "sanctuary state" .. it is still technically Mexico still paying for it :)

wut

Where do I send my check?

Of all the shit Trump ran on, "the wall" is by far the stupidest. I am anti illegal immigration however a wall is not the way to fix the issue. 

Ragnarr Loðbrók -
Phuckles -

Of all the shit Trump ran on, "the wall" is by far the stupidest. I am anti illegal immigration however a wall is not the way to fix the issue. 

Do tell.

Fucking enforce laws on the books. Go after companies that hire illegas. No slaps on the wrist, real punishment. Once companies see that they will be held accountable, the illegals will walk home. 

a bargain at twice the price!

Government Cheese - 

Start with the $15 billion for agents and tech. Assess if a wall is even necessary. 

Just for the Democrats to stop enforcement when they get power? Nah, build the wall

Damn, that's a lot of money to spend on a wall. Hopefully none of those Mexicans have a ladder. Or a shovel. Or a boat. Or an airplane. Or a tourist/work/student visa.

Donkey Hotee -

build a half-a-wall!!!

That's the spirit!! MAGAAAAAAAAAAA!