Truth about striking.

Well, i think size is just as important in grappling. Submission grappling is only one aspect of grappling. I highly doubt any bjj black belt under 185 lbs could even think about taking Bob Sapp to the ground. In wrestling size is a huge advantage.

Big guys arent just gonna lay on top of you these days. Good luck trying to take somebody down who outweighs you by 75 pounds. Ten years ago, the old statement that 90% of streetfights go to the ground may have been true. But thanks to the growth of MMA, that number has surely declined.

Moral of the story, bigger is always better as long as you don't have a certain weight you have to make.

Smaller strikers beating bigger men:

Ruas VS Varelans

Cro Cop VS Sapp

Ray Sefo VS Sapp

Bonjasky VS Akebono

Kaoklai VS Kang

Kaoklai VS Mighty Mo

Mighty Mo VS Semmy Schilt

Ignashov VS Semmy Schilt

Bernardo VS Butterbean

Mike Zambidis VS Pete Spratt

Cro Cop VS Aleksander

Aleksander VS Ricardo Morais

"Here is an example of big man absolutely demolishing best kick boxer ever:"

LOL at this attempt to be scientific or academic. You are cherry picking evidence to try to support your very questionable claim.

A few other thoughts:

This is a troll post.

Sapp likely would have crushed nog if knees and stops were allowed.

Sapp destroyed many smaller grapplers.

Mirko and Bonjasky wrecked Sapp.

Hoost isn't the best kick boxer ever and the fact that you think so shows how limited your knowledge about striking is.

Rickson's inability to submit (or do anything to) Mark Schultz who although bigger and very athletic knew nothing of submission when they rolled.

Kaoklai: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znooRXwni6o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2woExNPTYso

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19T_V3u0GUY

He is the guy who knocked (the bigger) Denis Kang right the fuck out.

Modern mma rules heavily favor grapplers. No head buts, no eye gouging, no groin attacks (which Big Daddy proved to be highly effective on the ground), no kneeing the head after a failed BJJ style shot (ie duck your head and run at the guys legs with both arms extended), no kicking or stomping the head of a downed opponent, yet a guy on his back can up kick, no holding the cage John Lewis showed how effective cage grabbing can be, also cage grabbing allowed Chuck Liddell to retain his title for so long, no grabbing of the hair (this technique allowed Warring to dominate skilled grappler Eric Paulson), so biting, fish hooking, small joint munipulations. No striking to the back of the head. Frank S. showed a well placed strike to the back of the head on the ground can damn near kill a man. Most MMA rules are there to protect grapplers and force guys to play their game. TDs that do no damage are heavily rewarded by the judges.

Now to be a bit more serious, the fact is that be it striking or grappling, skill can overcome size. The larger the gap in size ther larger the gap in skill needs to be. I've seen big athletic guys embarass grapplers and strikers.

If you are so convinced of your theory I know a 135 lbs Thai guy who will spar with you so you can demonstrate the veracity of your claim to the world. Since you are bigger you should be able to do just fine in some friendly sparring, right?

"The truth is nafarious."

Actaully it is N-E-F-A-R-I-O-U-S.

lots of big strong guys win in muy thai cuz alot OF kick boxers can't take pressure... and they dont have the footwork get the fuck out of the way..

in boxign guys move up in weight all the time and win... but only the best can do that

mayweather started at 130lbs and fought delahoya at 154

rjj started at 154lbs and fought for the heavyweight title and won

there are many more... IF you are skilled, THEN YOU ARE SKILLED!!!

Didn't Dennis Kang get KO'd by a smaller Thai fighter? Yes Kaoklai was the thai fighter and was very inteligente fighter avoid excesive contact against heavier oponents and punch very well and with timing excelent.

But i think too size is a factor a bit more in striking arts than in grappling, but all depends of the person.

Is not the size of the dog in the fight is the size of the fight in the dog.