Try to pass a good open guard...

knee to crotch is one of the best

Mr. Friedman has cracked the shell off of the correct.

din thomas executed a version of it flawlessly

anytime a guy playing open guard lets you stack him, smash his kneecaps into his own face, thats a great thing for the guy on top, good control, wears the guy out, and has good punching opportunities for mma.

hopping over and kicking up 1 leg at a time is awsome but takes practice, seen many black belts pass a guard in .2 seconds against guys with good guards with this technique, just start passing to one side & when they get to defending that side really hard hop over to the other side, or the good ol' knee slide that i've loved since 99, or a combination of stacking, knee slides, and hops is ideal. I like guard passing as much as subs, its fun.

i have more trouble with closed guard

Cartwheel or punch him in the face :)

Try baiting them to use a scissor sweep and take the leg with you for a heel hook.

Scissor sweep is never gonna work on someone with an ounce of passing ability, it's too easy to counter, nobody really goes for that.

Closed guard is impossible to pass!

lol

In MMA it's easy to open though, watch Francs vs. Fisher, that's my preferred method. Use bicep control to stand in their guard, get a good base then let go with one hand and throw a few powerful rights.

I'm gonna see if I can get some vids of what works for me onto YouTube.

It's much easier in MMA than in grappling. It's very very difficult in pure grappling against someone who has a good open guard.

"I don't think there are very many videos either.. "

a few i've seen SBG, Brennan, Harris, Sperry

Do yourself a favor and get yourself "Passing the Guard" by forum brother Ed Beneville!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0972109757?ie=UTF8&tag=grappartspubl-20&link_code=as3&camp=211189&creative=373489&creativeASIN=0972109757